Should Trans People be allowed to use opposite sex bathrooms?

Thread Rating:

June 5th, 2023 at 11:25:09 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I was listening to another psychologist today saying that it's accepted in the profession that gender identity problems are a mental illness just like anorexia is a mental illness but the public took a long time before they realized it. They are starting to catch on that there's something wrong with people who have gender issues only because they are mentally ill and they pushed it too far just like mentally ill people do. It's like working in a mental institution, you can never drag the inmates up to your level but they will never ever stop trying to drag you down to their level and you have to constantly fight against it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 5th, 2023 at 11:28:39 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Some role play.

They even pretend like they're other animals, etc.

It's seems almost like a kink extension to sex.

But some take it seriously and get cut.
June 5th, 2023 at 12:21:02 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
I was listening to another psychologist today saying that it's accepted in the profession that gender identity problems are a mental illness just like anorexia is a mental illness but the public took a long time before they realized it. They are starting to catch on that there's something wrong with people who have gender issues only because they are mentally ill and they pushed it too far just like mentally ill people do. It's like working in a mental institution, you can never drag the inmates up to your level but they will never ever stop trying to drag you down to their level and you have to constantly fight against it.

So many voices in EB’s head, all telling him exactly what he wants to hear.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 5th, 2023 at 7:40:07 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
I was listening to another psychologist today saying that it's accepted in the profession that gender identity problems are a mental illness

I would argue that anyone who cares about the gender identity of others has a mental illness.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 6th, 2023 at 3:00:35 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I have to respect that psychologist if that is his opinion... 99.9% of them are completely cowed now by the extremists.

of course as usual there was no link: I actually suspect he didn't say exactly that
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 6th, 2023 at 4:20:03 AM permalink
DoubleGold
A clue could be using multiple identities to describe self (pronouns representing plurality).

One form used to be called "split personality".

It's possible a person could be traumatized to split into more than one to protect self.

A natural way designed within us to protect self so we can continue to live.

I've dated several Gemini women and they seemed to have twins inside their self.

I'd have to determine which person I'd be talking to before proceeding with conversation.
June 6th, 2023 at 4:31:45 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Marilyn Monroe and Angelina Jolie are examples.

Ancient persons trying to explain why two personalities overlap.

-------------------

THE GEMINI TWINS EXPLAINED

November 01, 2018
Gemini is depicted by the twins Pullox and Castor. According to Greek mythology, the twins were said to have different fathers. Castor was the mortal son of the king of Sparta and Pollux was the divine son of Zeus. They are said to have been born from the same egg. When the mortal Castor was killed, Pollux, being a demigod, asked Zeus to let him share his immortality with his twin to keep them together. They were then transformed into the constellation Gemini. Geminis are thus said to have a dual personality and their strength lies in their versatility.
https://us.woodgeekstore.com/blogs/woodgeek-stories/personality-traits-of-every-gemini-ever

---------------------
June 6th, 2023 at 6:40:59 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
Until we have evidence your proposed harm is greater, I won't change my opinion.

That's kind of the problem; isn't it? We'd first have to have a large swath of children being physically altered and growing up to regret it before we could make a solid call on which is worse. That we will err, one way or another, is unavoidable; I'm willing to err on the side of not mutilating children.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 6th, 2023 at 6:44:04 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Some could probably argue according to their beliefs that children should be protected from vaccinations by their parents or anyone trying to jab them just as easily as anything else here.

As I understand it, vaccinations are not strictly required; they are required if you want to attend public or (most) private schools.

It could well differ from state-to-state, but on the Federal level, I don't think there's a strict vaccination policy.

To that end, as long as you're fine with home schooling your kids, I don't think you're strictly forced to have them vaccinated.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 6th, 2023 at 6:45:12 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
From the MAYO clinic. The last paragraph is why there is advantage medically as a baby. But there’s no way to obtain consent obviously at early age.

Oh yeah. I knew a kid who didn't get the trim until he was twelve. It was pretty brutal.