2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

February 3rd, 2024 at 12:02:40 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: ams288
The MAGA war on Taylor Swift is paying dividends (for Dems).

Biden holds six-point national lead over Trump, fueled by female voters: poll

Quick, kenarman! Go refresh RCP. That’ll make you feel better!

I continue to observe from this side of the pond with a mix of amazement and despair.

As I watch you guys comparing assorted polls, and as I watch the legal machinations surrounding your candidates, I don't get any cause for optimism.

You guys are totally polarised with barely anyone being freshly persuaded by any event or argument. Indeed, the more trump's legal jeopardy, the more his cult love him. Insane. So many of you seem to have been persuaded that your own electoral system is not to be trusted. So many conspiracy theories believed and so few official stats such as on the economy are trusted. You don't even trust your legal system, even though trump packed the courts, he is the one calling it crooked ?

Here I see AMS constantly trusting the obvious outcome where trump gets rejected by the electorate and I can't help think he's wrong. Reason...... No-one is changing their mind: trumps cult is solid. Even if he gets trounced at the election, his cult will rebel. I know a lot can happen in the remaining months, But the needle's not moving, let alone moving at the right rate or in the right direction.

In this country, trump would have zero chance of re-election because we see through him and his lies. Meanwhile, we also see and accept that Biden is a bumbling old guy, who as OBAMA said can always be trusted to f things up.

We Brits and Europeans dread a trump second term, (We also dread a Biden second term. ) not because of the destruction he would pull down on you guys ( collectively you get what you vote for ) but for the vacuum he will create when he throws NATO, Europe, and all the West's alliances under the bus.
February 3rd, 2024 at 12:28:35 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
I am not against the right to seek asylum. What I am against is the blatant and obvious misuse of the word asylum. ‘I don’t have a job in Guatemala and can make more money in the USA so I’m crossing that border’ is the truth. What I will say is ‘there are bad people in Guatemala who are politically oppressing me’.

Trust me, if we get a Trump Presidency, with a Repub House and Senate, the fake asylum seekers will be weeded out post haste.

They're weeded out now. It's xenophobic and bordering on racism to think otherwise.
February 4th, 2024 at 4:37:08 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: GenoDRPh
They're weeded out now. It's xenophobic and bordering on racism to think otherwise.

No, they are not weeded out at this point. The tired old "racism" crap is bogus. There are too many coming in too quickly to effectively "weed them out.' Yes, some are turned away...but not very many are really "vetted" fully.
February 4th, 2024 at 4:54:45 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Nikki Haley (the real one, not an actor or Nancy Pelosi) cameoed on SNL last night.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 4th, 2024 at 5:06:52 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Gene, you are going to get in trouble with your Commissar. The Dem Playbook says to make a charge of racism right away, and for crying out loud you assert it firmly and with conviction. Back to re-education camp for you.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 4th, 2024 at 5:22:54 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: OnceDear
I continue to observe from this side of the pond with a mix of amazement and despair.

[snip]

Here I see AMS constantly trusting the obvious outcome where trump gets rejected by the electorate and I can't help think he's wrong. Reason...... No-one is changing their mind: trumps cult is solid. Even if he gets trounced at the election, his cult will rebel.
nothing in the way of insurrection or truly concerning riots is going to come of that this time.

Quote:
I know a lot can happen in the remaining months, But the needle's not moving, let alone moving at the right rate or in the right direction.
I dunno, for a while no polls showed Biden winning, some do now... and if the economy continues to look good I think he's in. What you need to worry about is CommieLa.

Quote:
In this country, trump would have zero chance of re-election because we see through him and his lies. Meanwhile, we also see and accept that Biden is a bumbling old guy, who as OBAMA said can always be trusted to f things up.
Biden is a known quantity at least. We saw Trump as President too, but his second term, if it happens, is up for debate what it will be like.

Quote:
We Brits and Europeans dread a trump second term, (We also dread a Biden second term. ) not because of the destruction he would pull down on you guys ( collectively you get what you vote for ) but for the vacuum he will create when he throws NATO, Europe, and all the West's alliances under the bus.
It will be interesting to see what happens with Ukraine
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 4th, 2024 at 5:30:14 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

I’m quoting you because when I want a record of a clearly delusional post I now have it and it will be easier to find. Your posts are simply out of touch with anything even approaching reality. How does that happen?
February 4th, 2024 at 6:48:24 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
My “clamped water hose” theory is Trump is still very much responsible for the current border surge. He provided so much resistance to the normal flow at the border that Biden got the averaging out of all the pressure. It’s physics.

I’m gonna get a bumper sticker that says, “You can always blame Trump, ask me how.”
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 5th, 2024 at 8:19:01 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
A change of pace for those that don't like RCP.

"Video play icon
NBC's Kornacki: Trump Has Biggest Lead Against Biden Out Of All 16 NBC Polls Since 2019"
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 5th, 2024 at 8:34:15 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
A change of pace for those that don't like RCP.

"Video play icon
NBC's Kornacki: Trump Has Biggest Lead Against Biden Out Of All 16 NBC Polls Since 2019"

And yet, the Dems don’t seem to be panicking. Why not?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman