2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

April 2nd, 2024 at 6:23:04 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
"They can take the form of paranoia, which makes the person feel threatened, even if there is no or little reason to feel this way. Dementia can make a person suspicious of the people around them."

Quote is from the Alzheimer's Society.

Can’t believe you’ve turned on Donny like this… he’s the one who will cry WITCH HUNT at all hours of the day.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 2nd, 2024 at 6:30:45 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288

Well if Chris Whipple wrote it it must be true!
April 2nd, 2024 at 6:38:22 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
Well if Chris Whipple wrote it it must be true!

I don’t think the story ever got much official push back from the WH so… 🤷‍♂️
April 2nd, 2024 at 6:40:14 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: GenoDRPh
BUt it isn't paranoia, if they really are out to get him...

We can only hope that is true.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 3rd, 2024 at 3:45:29 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

Thank you for trying to provide a whiff of evidence that the President's supposed distrust of the Secret Service is a valid concern in any way.

The article fails miserably. It pretty much describes a paranoid old fart who distrusts everything. The desk:

"According to Whipple’s account, this included an effort to remove the Resolute desk, which Biden believed was tainted by Trump’s use of it, from the Oval Office"

"Tainted" may be in the eye of the beholder but it probably was defiled by the sexual activities of Kennedy and Clinton.

That the dog bite did not happen...well, I guess that "could" be true but the Secret Service, has be everywhere the President goes and they check everything within the surroundings, so the reality is that they were "up there"...and the dog bit people around 25 times.

"“Look, the Secret Service are never up here. It didn’t happen,”

I wonder if he walks around the grounds yelling at people to get off his lawn...
April 3rd, 2024 at 3:59:49 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
Thank you for trying to provide a whiff of evidence that the President's supposed distrust of the Secret Service is a valid concern in any way.

The article fails miserably. It pretty much describes a paranoid old fart who distrusts everything. The desk:

"According to Whipple’s account, this included an effort to remove the Resolute desk, which Biden believed was tainted by Trump’s use of it, from the Oval Office"

"Tainted" may be in the eye of the beholder but it probably was defiled by the sexual activities of Kennedy and Clinton.

That the dog bite did not happen...well, I guess that "could" be true but the Secret Service, has be everywhere the President goes and they check everything within the surroundings, so the reality is that they were "up there"...and the dog bit people around 25 times.

"“Look, the Secret Service are never up here. It didn’t happen,”

I wonder if he walks around the grounds yelling at people to get off his lawn...

We get it, you think the Secret Service can do no wrong.

I’m more on the side of there are a ton of “bad apples” in the ranks.
April 3rd, 2024 at 4:23:10 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: that book
... believed that the agency lied about an incident where Biden’s German shepherd Major bit an agent.

In The Fight of His Life, out January 17, author Chris Whipple details how Biden was showing a friend around the White House and pointed to the spot where Major allegedly bit a member of Biden’s security team. “Look, the Secret Service are never up here. It didn’t happen,” said Biden.

Interesting
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 3rd, 2024 at 4:47:16 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
We get it, you think the Secret Service can do no wrong.

I’m more on the side of there are a ton of “bad apples” in the ranks.

Sadly, you don't.

Your "bad apple" comment likely would describe one way more than a ton. I certainly don't think any group is filled totally with people who can "do no wrong."

Could there be a bad apple in the Secret Service? Probably at least one. Is there someone in the Secret Service that would harm the President? No. If someone did, which I highly doubt could happen, the other agents would put so many holes in them that they would be dead before hitting the ground. These guys are highly trained and trusted individuals. They will do their job.

Yes, some of them whored around a bit and did things that were against the rules...but that is a long ways from not properly protecting the President.

Should the President always be careful of what he says in front of anyone? Yes. The dude has to protect secret information of a level way higher than the average person can comprehend.

The President is overly paranoid and lies a lot. His dog was not properly trained and bit 25 folks. We are supposed to believe one of them just didn't happen? He had another untrained dog.
April 4th, 2024 at 4:49:30 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
‘The Hill’ article today addresses the recent polling from the 7 ‘battleground states’. Holy cow. Trump ahead beyond the ‘margin of error’ in most of them. Only Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are close. A couple specifically mentioned if including Kennedy, or forcing undecideds to pick either Trump or Biden, the lead for Trump grows. Will the Democrats wake up?
April 4th, 2024 at 5:33:05 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
‘The Hill’ article today addresses the recent polling from the 7 ‘battleground states’. Holy cow. Trump ahead beyond the ‘margin of error’ in most of them. Only Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are close. A couple specifically mentioned if including Kennedy, or forcing undecideds to pick either Trump or Biden, the lead for Trump grows. Will the Democrats wake up?

A couple weeks back, Biden had already campaigned in all swing states but one. So, he's not actually in the basement as will probably still be claimed.

Nothing else he can do in my opinion. The campaign events, and the usual stuff will go into full swing soon enough.

He'd have to have some magic powers to say something or do something at this point that would magically bring him more votes, IMO.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?