2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

April 1st, 2024 at 12:40:55 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: GenoDRPh
This is the kind of thing, if a regular citizen did it, would earn a visit from the Secret Service to ascertain intent and if there is any danger to the President.

The Secret Service has folks that are with him at all times. I am fairly certain they know his intent and can protect POTUS from him.
April 1st, 2024 at 1:12:35 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC
The Secret Service has folks that are with him at all times. I am fairly certain they know his intent and can protect POTUS from him.

This begs the question, will Donnie's SS protection keep him from harming Joe, if that's Donnie's intent? I mean, Donnie's SS protection is to protect DOnnie, not keep him from doing anything illegal.
April 1st, 2024 at 1:18:44 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
This begs the question, will Donnie's SS protection keep him from harming Joe, if that's Donnie's intent? I mean, Donnie's SS protection is to protect DOnnie, not keep him from doing anything illegal.

Not to mention that talk that a lot of Donny’s USSS agents are full-blown MAGA Kool-Aid drinkers.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 1st, 2024 at 1:39:29 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
April 1st, 2024 at 2:15:35 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

Even though the possibility of Trump even trying to do physical harm is absurd, the Secret Service would fully protect POTUS. All the weird supposition of those who think that they are all MAGA folks and would help him, just show that some people just don't get it. They would do what they are trained to do if something like that happened. If all four active Presidents were at an event, their first obligation would be to protect the current President.

Their politic beliefs are personal; their duty is professional.
April 1st, 2024 at 2:40:24 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: RonC
Even though the possibility of Trump even trying to do physical harm is absurd, the Secret Service would fully protect POTUS. All the weird supposition of those who think that they are all MAGA folks and would help him, just show that some people just don't get it. They would do what they are trained to do if something like that happened. If all four active Presidents were at an event, their first obligation would be to protect the current President.

Their politic beliefs are personal; their duty is professional.

With Trump, we've seen their political beliefs impact their professional duties. Is it right that Joe, is has been stated, does not trust them.
April 2nd, 2024 at 2:45:26 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
With Trump, we've seen their political beliefs impact their professional duties. Is it right that Joe, is has been stated, does not trust them.

Could be I’m misinterpreting what you wrote? Are you saying President Joe Biden does not trust the Secret Service to carry out their duty to protect him? If so, offer even a shred of evidence!!
April 2nd, 2024 at 3:18:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Could be I’m misinterpreting what you wrote? Are you saying President Joe Biden does not trust the Secret Service to carry out their duty to protect him? If so, offer even a shred of evidence!!

Old news

https://www.vox.com/2023/1/13/23553350/joe-biden-chris-whipple-book
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 2nd, 2024 at 4:55:19 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: SOOPOO

"They can take the form of paranoia, which makes the person feel threatened, even if there is no or little reason to feel this way. Dementia can make a person suspicious of the people around them."

Quote is from the Alzheimer's Society.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 2nd, 2024 at 5:11:45 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: kenarman
"They can take the form of paranoia, which makes the person feel threatened, even if there is no or little reason to feel this way. Dementia can make a person suspicious of the people around them."

Quote is from the Alzheimer's Society.

BUt it isn't paranoia, if they really are out to get him...