2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

March 25th, 2024 at 2:18:29 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
Are we still pretending this anti-vax nutcase is a viable presidential candidate? Thought we had moved on.

Viable candidate? No. But a candidate with a real chance to be a spoiler? Yes. That alone makes him newsworthy.
March 25th, 2024 at 2:18:30 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
March 26th, 2024 at 3:49:50 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: SOOPOO

I have been unimpressed by Biden as a candidate and his team. The above is a marked change. And I think what Biden needs.
they should definitely keep him stoked up with whatever they shot him up with for his state of the union address ... which should help make sure it's the end of him soon enough

I figure it's going to be a decision between Trump and CommieLa when you go to vote
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 26th, 2024 at 5:17:26 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO
The Biden campaign seems feistier this time around…

(image removed because who wants to see it in 20 posts)

I have been unimpressed by Biden as a candidate and his team. The above is a marked change. And I think what Biden needs.

Attacking Trump has been the best part of his campaign. This is another good move on that front.

The problem he has isn't attacking Trump--he and his campaign surrogates do that well. His larger problem, and the only reason Trump is even close in polling (which does not tell the whole story anyway) is that he can't sell HIMSELF. "I am better than him" is not an exciting and invigorating message. It may rally the base, but it doesn't move the people he really needs...the ones who feel like crime is up, the economy has not been good to them, and things of that sort.

"Bidenomics" failed as a message because he could not sell it, not because it was totally false but because people don't feel they are better off now than then.

I know the usual folks will line up and say how great Bidenomics is, but it isn't the five people here (including me) who regularly comment that feel that way; it is many folks who aren't keyboard warriors who are living day to day.
March 26th, 2024 at 7:44:24 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
I know the usual folks will line up and say how great Bidenomics is, but it isn't the five people here (including me) who regularly comment that feel that way; it is many folks who aren't keyboard warriors who are living day to day.

These “folks” are typically just untalented, uneducated losers who want to blame their miserable lives on immigration and diversity and not their own failures.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 26th, 2024 at 1:53:23 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
These “folks” are typically just untalented, uneducated losers who want to blame their miserable lives on immigration and diversity and not their own failures.

One of the key indicators of a person who is insecure in their own beliefs is the constant need to call down other people for their beliefs.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 26th, 2024 at 3:06:51 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: kenarman
One of the key indicators of a person who is insecure in their own beliefs is the constant need to call down other people for their beliefs.

One of the key indicators of a person with dementia is them constantly getting confused and posting word salad.
March 26th, 2024 at 3:23:17 PM permalink
RonC

Yet many of them are former Democrat voters who feel the party has left them...did you hate them then, too?
March 26th, 2024 at 3:54:08 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
Yet many of them are former Democrat voters who feel the party has left them...did you hate them then, too?

Yes.

If you are under the impression that I like all democrats, you are very very mistaken.
March 29th, 2024 at 8:34:17 AM permalink
RonC
“Joe Biden has been committed to ensuring hardworking Americans get the relief they deserve; that’s why he’s cancelled more student loans than any president in American history — even after Donald Trump’s Supreme Court Justices ripped away student debt relief from millions of Americans,” the Biden-Harris campaign said in a statement to The Hill.

https://thehill.com/homenews/education/4560193-democrats-student-loan-forgiveness-debt-relief-biden-november/

The Democrat Speaker of the House said that forgiving student loans by executive action was unconstitutional.

The Supreme Court agreed that it was unconstitutional.

Biden tried to do something he did not have the power to do, got smacked down, and is blaming his failure to do it the right way (get a bill through Congress) on someone else.

He could have actually fought for it, lost, and would be more credible.

Now he just hopes people believe his lie.