2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

April 15th, 2024 at 8:44:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
It doesn't change a thing. I stated up front that the amounts were not the same but the fact that Biden attacked Trump/Republicans for doing it and then Biden and team did the same thing does make Biden and team hypocrites.

When someone on Biden's team speaks for the campaign or for the White House, they are speaking for the President. The President has the option of refuting the words spoken in his name or doing nothing. Doing nothing implies that the statement is accurate and acceptable to him.

Living under a rock and not understanding that real people see what rabid partisans don't is a flaw of people who can only see things in one way.

One thing I'm not clear on. Do the parties raise money separately from the candidates, or is every fundraiser, whether by the President or Party considered one fund? Biden's campaign accused Trump of focusing his fundraising on his legal bills. Not what the Republican party is doing. AFAICT.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 15th, 2024 at 8:46:10 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
It doesn't change a thing. I stated up front that the amounts were not the same but the fact that Biden attacked Trump/Republicans for doing it and then Biden and team did the same thing does make Biden and team hypocrites.

The vastly differing amounts makes this comparison comparing apples to bowling balls. One used a small fraction of the political donations in legal defense in an investigation by a special counsel. The other is spending more donations in legal fees than it usually takes in in legal defense in multiple jurisdioctions in both civil and criminal proceedings.
April 15th, 2024 at 9:14:02 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: GenoDRPh
The vastly differing amounts makes this comparison comparing apples to bowling balls. One used a small fraction of the political donations in legal defense in an investigation by a special counsel. The other is spending more donations in legal fees than it usually takes in in legal defense in multiple jurisdioctions in both civil and criminal proceedings.

No, it doesn't in relation to calling it "wrong"...if it is "wrong", it is wrong.

I guess the new standard liberals want to use is that wrong only starts at a certain number.
April 15th, 2024 at 9:40:10 AM permalink
rxwine
No, it doesn't in relation to calling it "wrong"...if it is "wrong", it is wrong.

I guess the new standard liberals want to use is that wrong only starts at a certain number.

But it isn't a particular number, it's done in comparison terms. When a few are way out of line with the rest.

In fact I think it works with just about anything people donate money for.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 15th, 2024 at 9:47:21 AM permalink
rxwine
If at least one person got convicted in every presidential administration, are they're all equal with the worst presidential administration?

Numbers count, I believe, not just doing the same thing.
April 15th, 2024 at 9:59:54 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

I don’t think it is wrong, which is why this whole thing is so dumb to begin with! And you pretending liberals are outraged over the RNC paying Donny’s legal bills is ridiculous. We couldn’t be happier to watch them waste millions of their idiot donor’s dollars.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 15th, 2024 at 11:15:51 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
I don’t think it is wrong, which is why this whole thing is so dumb to begin with! And you pretending liberals are outraged over the RNC paying Donny’s legal bills is ridiculous. We couldn’t be happier to watch them waste millions of their idiot donor’s dollars.

Truer words were never spoken...err written. But I have just one question: should I feel bad for his donors? I mean are they dopes who willingly buy in to his grift, or are they unwittingly being scammed?
April 18th, 2024 at 11:29:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Thought maybe she was threatening to send them back where they came from.

Quote:
South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, a MAGA Republican shortlisted as a potential running mate for Donald Trump in November, is now legally barred from visiting some 10 percent of the lands in her home state—and can be thrown out of those places if she violates the order.
The Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Council voted on Tuesday to formally banish Noem from its reservation over recent public statements she made suggesting, among other things, that Native American tribal leaders are in league with Mexican drug cartels. Noem also recently accused Native American parents of not being involved enough in their children’s lives, blaming them for poor academic performance in tribal areas.
The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe is the third Lakota tribe in South Dakota to declare Noem persona non grata, following a banishment by the Oglala Sioux announced March 18, and another by the Cheyenne River Sioux announced April 5. The State of South Dakota does not have criminal jurisdiction on any of its nine Native American reservations.
“Noem has been notified not to trespass,” a spokesperson for the Lakota People’s Law Project told The Daily Beast of the Standing Rock Sioux banishment. “The tribe has the right to remove her if she were to trespass.”
In an email, Noem spokesman Ian Fury said, “Banishing Governor Noem does nothing to solve the problem. She calls on all our tribal leaders to banish the cartels from tribal lands.
April 18th, 2024 at 1:09:06 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The lengths RCP will go to keep Biden from taking the lead in their average is becoming a running joke on Election Twitter.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 18th, 2024 at 1:51:58 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
The lengths RCP will go to keep Biden from taking the lead in their average is becoming a running joke on Election Twitter.

If this is a poll about the overall popular vote Trump easily wins election. Biden has to win (most likely) by more than 2% to win the Electoral College as presently constituted. Frankly, I see almost no need to see overall country wide popular vote polls. I just want to see the vote polls from the relevant swing states.