2 votes (50%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

February 25th, 2024 at 8:28:53 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: kenarman
If you had actually paid attention to the SCOTUS ruling you would know that they said that the feds don't have jurisdiction that it is a state matter. They would overturn a prolife federal law the same as they overturned the pro abortion law. The current court has been actually ruling on law not politics unlike the previous liberal courts.

The current court is infused with politics. Has been since the day trump nominated Gorsuch.

Please point out where in Dobbs it says the Feds can't regulate abortion. Cite as specific as possible for fact checking. And if that's the case, please explain why the FEDERAL Partial Birth Abortion Ban has not yet been overturned?
February 25th, 2024 at 9:06:33 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: GenoDRPh
The current court is infused with politics. Has been since the day trump nominated Gorsuch.

Please point out where in Dobbs it says the Feds can't regulate abortion. Cite as specific as possible for fact checking. And if that's the case, please explain why the FEDERAL Partial Birth Abortion Ban has not yet been overturned?

" (e) Abortion presents a profound moral question. The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion. Roe and Casey arrogated that authority. The Court overrules those decisions and returns that authority to the people and their elected representatives. Pp. 78-79."

That is the ruling. If you feel like doing your own research you can read the complete ruling below. Liberal states would have the right to over rule any national law.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/us-supreme-court/19-1392.html

Get out of your MSM bubble and explore the world and become better educated.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 25th, 2024 at 9:19:32 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
" (e) Abortion presents a profound moral question. The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion. Roe and Casey arrogated that authority. The Court overrules those decisions and returns that authority to the people and their elected representatives. Pp. 78-79."

That is the ruling. If you feel like doing your own research you can read the complete ruling below. Liberal states would have the right to over rule any national law.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/us-supreme-court/19-1392.html

Get out of your MSM bubble and explore the world and become better educated.

A person who misreads a court decision accusing someone else of becoming better educated? As they say in some parts, that dog don't hunt.

Again, I ask the question for you to either put up or shut up: Where in Dobbs does the court prohibit Congress from regulating abortion? And if such a prohibition exists, does it apply to the Partial Birth Abortion Ban?

The burden is on you to prove your position. It isn't on me to disprove.
February 25th, 2024 at 9:52:53 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
A person who misreads a court decision accusing someone else of becoming better educated? As they say in some parts, that dog don't hunt.

Again, I ask the question for you to either put up or shut up: Where in Dobbs does the court prohibit Congress from regulating abortion? And if such a prohibition exists, does it apply to the Partial Birth Abortion Ban?

The burden is on you to prove your position. It isn't on me to disprove.

Reading comprehension problems? From the ruling in my post "The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion."

Clearly puts the power with the states, this gives them the right to ignore any federal rulings pro or against abortion. But go ahead with your lefty fear mongering because of the election. Certainly has been effective with the poorly informed such as yourself.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 25th, 2024 at 10:20:45 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Reading comprehension problems? From the ruling in my post "The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion."

Clearly puts the power with the states, this gives them the right to ignore any federal rulings pro or against abortion. But go ahead with your lefty fear mongering because of the election. Certainly has been effective with the poorly informed such as yourself.

There is nothing in Dobbs prohibiting Congress from regulating abortion. Indeed, the Partial Birth Abortion ban-which has been upheld by SCOTUS-is a Federal regulation proves my point. And your refusal and inability to show otherwise again shows you argue best when you argue my point. The Right uses doublespeak and outright lies to get into power, then show themselves to be completely untrustworthy. Furthermore, your willingness to impute meaning into phrasing where it doesn't exist means, at the very least, you would do horrible on the reading portion of the SAT.
February 25th, 2024 at 10:33:25 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Won't stop them from trying, and won't stop the pro-life allies in Congress from trying to pass a national ban. There isn't a single Republican in office today that we can trust with reproductive freedom.

And any pro lifer will say there isn’t a Democrat in Congress that we can trust to protect the unborn.

Explain to me why pro life politicians get elected? Is it because over half of the people in their district/state want the unborn protected? Their votes shouldn’t count?

The states which are pro abortion (NY Cali Mass NJ Wash Illinois etc..) are easy to find out. Move to one of them if you don’t like the laws your elected local officials pass.
February 25th, 2024 at 10:47:25 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: SOOPOO
And any pro lifer will say there isn’t a Democrat in Congress that we can trust to protect the unborn.

Explain to me why pro life politicians get elected? Is it because over half of the people in their district/state want the unborn protected? Their votes shouldn’t count?

The states which are pro abortion (NY Cali Mass NJ Wash Illinois etc..) are easy to find out. Move to one of them if you don’t like the laws your elected local officials pass.

Democrats who say they are pro-life generally vote that way. Republicans who say they want a moderate position on abortion make a hard right turn as soon as they get sworn in to office. Democrats will also protect the choice to protect the unborn, There's a difference. One keeps they promises. The others don't.

Pre-Dobbs I would say "since when are Constitution rights subject to the popular vote?". But, with respect to abortion, that doesn't work anymore. Now, I say, be careful what you wish for. In almost every referendum where abortion rights have been on the ballot, the pro-choice referendum has won.
February 25th, 2024 at 11:03:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Really? The pro -lifers think they will get a ban ‘in every state’? New York? California? Massachusetts? Need I list another 30+ that it JUST AIN’T happening? There are just a few states that have enough pro-lifers to elect like minded legislators. And there are fewer and fewer. (Good).

The Democrats should be HAPPY AS CAN BE about these actions and this issue. It’s a rare one that the Democrats can pound the Republicans on and ‘the middle’ will side predominantly with the Democrats.

Well, some states are trying to prosecute anyone or sue anyone who tries to assist a woman getting to a “free” state. Like I said, it isn’t about states rights because they are liars.

Like I’ve said over and over, pro-choice isn’t about forcing anyone to have an abortion who doesn’t want one. Whereas…
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 25th, 2024 at 12:02:20 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
If you had actually paid attention to the SCOTUS ruling you would know that they said that the feds don't have jurisdiction that it is a state matter. They would overturn a prolife federal law the same as they overturned the pro abortion law. The current court has been actually ruling on law not politics unlike the previous liberal courts.

SCOTUS would overturn a federal abortion ban? You’re crazy. Or gaslighting. Either one ain’t good.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 26th, 2024 at 6:52:34 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
SCOTUS would overturn a federal abortion ban? You’re crazy. Or gaslighting. Either one ain’t good.

I guess the Supreme Court could make another illegitimate ruling as they did in Roe, creating a "right" that existed nowhere in the Constitution. Even RBJ said that it was a flawed ruling and I am wondering how she would have voted had Dobbs come in front of her. Contradict herself? Carve it out some other way? Who knows..

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

https://constitution.congress.gov/constitution/amendment-10/

It is not a Federal issue. I think that a court acting correctly would use the same basis to reject any Federal law as they did to reject Roe.

The only answer that would seem to change anything at the Federal level would be an amendment to the Constitution.

I think Republicans who support a federal law would continue to pay the price that they have for the Court actually making a correct ruling overturning Roe. The fight is, and should be, in the states.