DeSantis: the real deal?

January 11th, 2023 at 5:18:09 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2023/01/06/desantis-immigration-cuba-haiti-south-keys-biden/
TALLAHASSEE — Gov. Ron DeSantis is aware that hundreds of Cubans and Haitians have been arriving in South Florida by boat in recent weeks, but he is not saying what his administration — one that has embraced hardline immigration policies — plans to do about it.

Of course not, Cubans tend to vote Republican and allowing them in will make the voting Cubans happy. It's all politics.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 14th, 2023 at 5:05:56 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I love DeSantis! If there wasn’t an Orange Oaf who will likely try and derail DeSantis’ candidacy and thus give Biden a second term, DeSantis would be the next President.

The NHL was going to have a ‘diversity job fair’ in Florida. You could apply for a job if you were black, Pacific Islander, trans, etc…. But NOT if you were a white male! DeSantis said Florida is no place for such a discriminatory event! The NHL backed down, and now ALL are welcome to attend. No woke in Florida!
January 14th, 2023 at 1:51:47 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
I love DeSantis!

Why
Hes anti vax
His Fl surgeon general is anti science
Hes anti abortion
He wastes millions of FL taxpayer dollars on out of state political stunts that may cost more
The NHL made a mistake
but
You really have an issue with woke?????????
A lot of these woke policies are supporting democracy, abortion rights and not discriminating against LGBT ect
Desantis is really chilling by supporting thought police policies in education.
His grasp of history is insane in regards to slavery.
Hes a hypocrite regarding illegal immigration. FL gets Cubans and no way he is sending those people to MA
He's like every republican regarding the defecit, pretend to care when Dems are in power and dont care when republicans are in power
Desantis sickens me
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 14th, 2023 at 2:35:50 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Why
Hes anti vax
His Fl surgeon general is anti science
Hes anti abortion
He wastes millions of FL taxpayer dollars on out of state political stunts that may cost more
The NHL made a mistake
but
You really have an issue with woke?????????
A lot of these woke policies are supporting democracy, abortion rights and not discriminating against LGBT ect
Desantis is really chilling by supporting thought police policies in education.
His grasp of history is insane in regards to slavery.
Hes a hypocrite regarding illegal immigration. FL gets Cubans and no way he is sending those people to MA
He's like every republican regarding the defecit, pretend to care when Dems are in power and dont care when republicans are in power
Desantis sickens me

My interpretation.
He’s not anti vax. He just doesn’t want people or companies to use your vax status against you.
I think abortion rights are so low on my list of what I need from my elected leaders it barely factors into my vote. The tide has turned. Abortion rights are taking over more and more states. I’m pretty sure they are legal in Florida now, aren’t they?
I’m not worried on your take on what is or isn’t a waste of Florida tax dollars. They aren’t wasting the income tax because THEY DONT HAVE ONE!

Woke policies FOOL people into thinking ID requirements to vote are bad.
Woke policies want me to pay for (not mine!) ancestors who owned slaves.
Woke policies want a Pacific Islander child with lesser qualifications to be accepted into a school that my white child wanted to go to.
Woke us afraid to call an ILLEGAL ALIEN an illegal alien!
Woke wants criminals released until trial without bail.
I can go on and on.

DeSantis is what this country needs. And hopefully will get. As with any politician, there are things I don’t like about him. But the good/bad ratio is markedly over one.
January 14th, 2023 at 7:41:49 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
^^^^ he pronounces “woke” with the hard R.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 15th, 2023 at 3:57:54 AM permalink
terapined
My interpretation.
He’s not anti vax. He just doesn’t want people or companies to use your vax status against you.
I think abortion rights are so low on my list of what I need from my elected leaders it barely factors into my vote. The tide has turned. Abortion rights are taking over more and more states. I’m pretty sure they are legal in Florida now, aren’t they?
I’m not worried on your take on what is or isn’t a waste of Florida tax dollars. They aren’t wasting the income tax because THEY DONT HAVE ONE!

Woke policies FOOL people into thinking ID requirements to vote are bad.
Woke policies want me to pay for (not mine!) ancestors who owned slaves.
Woke policies want a Pacific Islander child with lesser qualifications to be accepted into a school that my white child wanted to go to.
Woke us afraid to call an ILLEGAL ALIEN an illegal alien!
Woke wants criminals released until trial without bail.
I can go on and on.

DeSantis is what this country needs. And hopefully will get. As with any politician, there are things I don’t like about him. But the good/bad ratio is markedly over one.

Your interpretation don't mean jack regarding desantis vaccine stance because you are dead wrong!!!!!!
His surgeon General is anti vax
That's a fact that needs no interpretation
Lapado has publicly come out against the vaccine.
He's so far right he pushes horse paste
Most dangerous surgeon General in the country and DeSantis loves him.
You as a DR should be incredibly disturbed by this.
I care about how my tax dollars are spent in FL.
I'm still a resident and pay my fair share
I paid property taxes directly for 20 years and now indirectly during the winter. Of course I pay sales tax.
It amazes me that you dismiss an out of state political stunt that will cost FL citizens millions
It's not chump change and was totally unnecessary and probably illegal.
Abortion laws in FL suck big time. 15 weeks is the limit and it totally sucks. It's against a Womens freedom. It's simply wrong.
Let's talk about real Woke instead of your BS examples.
It's about real concrete actions punishing companies simply due to politics.
Disney came out against the dont say gay law. It's a chilling thought police law that is against freedom. Desantis was enraged that Disney is for freedom. Desantis decided to use govt power to punish a company. That is simply chilling. He is governing with hate and will punish a company that is against his hate.
https://fortune.com/2022/04/22/florida-gov-desantis-signs-bill-punish-disney-dont-say-gay-law/
Desantis is a real sicko in my eyes
He is against freedom
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 15th, 2023 at 4:48:36 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Your interpretation don't mean jack regarding desantis vaccine stance because you are dead wrong!!!!!!
His surgeon General is anti vax
That's a fact that needs no interpretation
Lapado has publicly come out against the vaccine.
He's so far right he pushes horse paste
Most dangerous surgeon General in the country and DeSantis loves him.
You as a DR should be incredibly disturbed by this.
I care about how my tax dollars are spent in FL.
I'm still a resident and pay my fair share
I paid property taxes directly for 20 years and now indirectly during the winter. Of course I pay sales tax.
It amazes me that you dismiss an out of state political stunt that will cost FL citizens millions
It's not chump change and was totally unnecessary and probably illegal.
Abortion laws in FL suck big time. 15 weeks is the limit and it totally sucks. It's against a Womens freedom. It's simply wrong.
Let's talk about real Woke instead of your BS examples.
It's about real concrete actions punishing companies simply due to politics.
Disney came out against the dont say gay law. It's a chilling thought police law that is against freedom. Desantis was enraged that Disney is for freedom. Desantis decided to use govt power to punish a company. That is simply chilling. He is governing with hate and will punish a company that is against his hate.
https://fortune.com/2022/04/22/florida-gov-desantis-signs-bill-punish-disney-dont-say-gay-law/
Desantis is a real sicko in my eyes
He is against freedom

As I said, you can’t get a perfect candidate. His doc in chief is a dodo. I stand by my anti woke comments. It’s not just the results of Dem woke policies, it’s the poisoning of the soul of society. Worse than the far right poisoning, since it is accepted by far more people. DeSantis destroyed his opponent in the Florida election. Way outperformed Trump. Just like he will in a national election everywhere if the ex Prez doesn’t sabotage him.

Woke thinks because you were smart enough to figure out how to illegally sneak into this country you not only deserve to stay, but you deserve us to pay for you! And evade detection long enough you deserve citizenship! Anti woke is necessary.
January 15th, 2023 at 5:03:26 AM permalink
terapined
As I said, you can’t get a perfect candidate. His doc in chief is a dodo. I stand by my anti woke comments. It’s not just the results of Dem woke policies, it’s the poisoning of the soul of society. Worse than the far right poisoning, since it is accepted by far more people. DeSantis destroyed his opponent in the Florida election. Way outperformed Trump. Just like he will in a national election everywhere if the ex Prez doesn’t sabotage him.

Woke thinks because you were smart enough to figure out how to illegally sneak into this country you not only deserve to stay, but you deserve us to pay for you! And evade detection long enough you deserve citizenship! Anti woke is necessary.

So you support the don't say gay law?????????????
These are laws against freedom
You are confusing woke with politics
I'm talking about concrete examples written into law
The problem ain't woke which you equate with Dem policies.
It's anti woke where DeSantis and his minions are so filled with hate that they write absurd laws such as don't say gay. They are so filled with hate they take concrete actions that PUNISH companies.
Yes, PUNISH companies.
It's totally against freedom.
You as Dr should be appalled by DeSantis anti vaccine stance.
This goes beyond politics
It's dangerous to the health of the American people
At least Trump was pro vax and I give him kudos for that.
Having a President that is anti vaccine is a danger to the nation. It's shocking you don't see that as a Dr
January 15th, 2023 at 5:12:56 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
George Santos - the gift that keeps on giving.
The very latest - a video has surfaced on Twitter (linked) with him calling himself George Devolder urging trannies to join the GOP.
Somebody needs to make a movie about this.
Nobody could even make this stuff up.
I've also linked the NYT story about this.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1613938363060424718?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1613938363060424718%7Ctwgr%5Ef5daee05c92bcbebb81a90b77a44f3e1c97c0eb3%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2023%2F01%2F14%2Fnyregion%2Fsantos-trans-therapy-devolder.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/14/nyregion/santos-trans-therapy-devolder.html
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
January 15th, 2023 at 6:22:07 PM permalink
SOOPOO
So you support the don't say gay law?????????????
These are laws against freedom
You are confusing woke with politics
I'm talking about concrete examples written into law
The problem ain't woke which you equate with Dem policies.
It's anti woke where DeSantis and his minions are so filled with hate that they write absurd laws such as don't say gay. They are so filled with hate they take concrete actions that PUNISH companies.
Yes, PUNISH companies.
It's totally against freedom.
You as Dr should be appalled by DeSantis anti vaccine stance.
This goes beyond politics
It's dangerous to the health of the American people
At least Trump was pro vax and I give him kudos for that.
Having a President that is anti vaccine is a danger to the nation. It's shocking you don't see that as a Dr

Ed, you love blaring about WOKE catchphrases, that you probably have no real idea what they actually represent. You and the truly simple minded liberal left love to say ‘Don’t Say Gay’ because that is the limit of their ability to process the actual law. Go to your favorite source, Wikipedia. It says that the law prevents kids 5-8 can’t be taught about sexual orientation and gender identity. You and the left say it’s ‘Don’t Say Gay.’ I’m happy if my public school KINDERGARTEN teacher doesn’t teach my 5 year old that it’s ok for a man to have his genitals removed because he thinks he is a woman. THATS WHAT THE ‘DONT SAY GAY’ law does!