DeSantis: the real deal?

March 29th, 2023 at 5:23:24 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I wonder when the mainstream righties are finally going to come to the obvious conclusion that Big Tits is toast?

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 29th, 2023 at 6:27:27 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Lol
Desantis is a chump. Disney still in charge of their area. There is no problem. Disney does a good job managing their property. Of course Desantis still wants to punish Disney just to score political points and nothing else. He could care less if Disney is doing a good job managing the area on their own.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/out-negotiated-by-mickey-mouse-trump-team-taunts-desantis-as-disney-gambit-blows-up-in-his-face/ar-AA19eZMR?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0c51c09ff6324e62b9b2757d7ddc1103&ei=9
'Out-negotiated by Mickey Mouse': Trump team taunts DeSantis as Disney gambit blows up in his face

You mocked me for an 'opinion piece' and now you quote "Raw Story" a lefty blogger? Give me a break. Mind you that is what happens when you use MSN for news.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 29th, 2023 at 6:32:28 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: kenarman
You mocked me for an 'opinion piece' and now you quote "Raw Story" a lefty blogger? Give me a break. Mind you that is what happens when you use MSN for news.

Are you objecting to the idea that Big Tits got majorly outplayed by Disney?

Cause there are plenty of other publications reporting this story…
March 29th, 2023 at 6:35:49 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I liked the headline :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 29th, 2023 at 7:23:57 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Are you objecting to the idea that Big Tits got majorly outplayed by Disney?

Cause there are plenty of other publications reporting this story…

Disney made a nice move to remain in control. It is likely to be overturned since it likely illegal. We will both see what the courts decide.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 29th, 2023 at 7:57:00 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Disney made a nice move to remain in control. It is likely to be overturned since it likely illegal. We will both see what the courts decide.

Disney will win. Thus is all legacy policy regarding Reedy Creek because the state Florida made these deals to attract the huge investment from Disney creating a massive amount of jobs. This company is the largest private employer in the state. They are doing a good job running Reedy Creek. Residents in the area are overall happy.
WHATS THE PROBLEM
If it ain't broke, why fix it.
I don't think the other 49 Governors would do what DeSantis is doing. Trying to punish a company simply for political points. It shows how small minded DeSantis is. Many fiscally conservative Republicans on the right that are pro business are against this type of policy. DeSantis is really becoming an alarming rightwing extremist
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 29th, 2023 at 9:08:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Conservatives are usually complaining about government running anything should have been happy Disney was doing their job for them. Guess not. Hope Ron gets lambasted for it in his presidential run.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 30th, 2023 at 4:27:48 AM permalink
ams288

I suspect Disney has much better lawyers than Big Tits DeSantis.
March 30th, 2023 at 6:11:00 AM permalink
ams288
I didn’t know this till just now: Big Tits would have to resign as governor in order to run for President. Florida has a resign-to-run law.

The bright red Florida Legislature could obviously change this law if they wanted to, but there are enough Trump loyalists in the legislature to prevent that from happening.
March 30th, 2023 at 7:35:16 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
I caught part of the Hannity interview with Trump. Trump practically implied Ron was down on his knees begging Trump for an endorsement. Also that Ron might be working in a pizza parlor today if not for Trump. I'm curious if DeSantis will respond at all.

He moonlights there. Mostly for the employee discount. It wouldn't be his main job.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman