The Biden Presidency 2023

Page 2 of 55<12345>Last »
January 10th, 2023 at 6:58:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko
It costs 10-30% more to operate an electric stove versus an gas stove, but electric is healthier and safer.

'Biden administration weighs nationwide ban on gas stoves'

Gas clothes dryers could be next. Electric dryers cost about four times as much to operate per hour as gas dryers, but a gas leak could blow your house to smithereens.

As far as fires, it's probably similar between gas and electric. I think I'd worry about if my neighbor's are being careful with gas if everyone around me was using gas. Gas explosions usually take out nearby buildings. I'm almost positive I used to hear more about gas explosions years ago, than today.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 10th, 2023 at 7:18:30 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
It costs 10-30% more to operate an electric stove versus an gas stove, but electric is healthier and safer.

Gas clothes dryers could be next. Electric dryers cost about four times as much to operate per hour as gas dryers, but a gas leak could blow your house to smithereens.

Gas stoves will not be banned
More BS from the right
Anybody want to lay a bet :-)

I will take that bet.

"1 'All Electric' Rule. New homes and buildings that are constructed in 2023 will have to have electric supply panels and circuitry to support all-electric appliances and heating under a building code update approved two years ago by the California Energy Commission.Dec 16, 2022"

As usual TP don't let facts get in the way of your limited knowledge opinions.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 10th, 2023 at 7:42:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman

More BS from the right

I will take that bet.

"1 'All Electric' Rule. New homes and buildings that are constructed in 2023 will have to have electric supply panels and circuitry to support all-electric appliances and heating under a building code update approved two years ago by the California Energy Commission.Dec 16, 2022"

Existing gas stoves will not be banned
Interested in a bet :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 10th, 2023 at 7:49:27 AM permalink
kenarman

More BS from the right

I will take that bet.

Existing gas stoves will not be banned
Interested in a bet :-)

You changed the bet added the word "existing" so no. Not that I don't think it will happen but I won't live long enough to collect. Do you think that people in the 1930's and much later than that in some areas of the US would have thought that wood heat and cooking appliances would be banned?
January 10th, 2023 at 7:53:45 AM permalink
kenarman
Where is the outrage from the lefties about the classified documents that Biden moved to his private office after leaving office as vice president? Oh I forgot the lefties rule Trump bad, everybody else gets a pass for any laws they break.
January 10th, 2023 at 8:01:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Where is the outrage from the lefties about the classified documents that Biden moved to his private office after leaving office as vice president? Oh I forgot the lefties rule Trump bad, everybody else gets a pass for any laws they break.

Do we really have to explain all the differences? Also, I didn't hear anything about it being moved there "after" his presidency.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 10th, 2023 at 8:10:04 AM permalink
kenarman
Quote: rxwine
Do we really have to explain all the differences? Also, I didn't hear anything about it being moved there "after" his presidency.

You just didn't pay attention because you only care about things that Trump does. The quote is from that far left biased source CNN. Note the time line of the office after he left office as the VP.

"Biden’s lawyers say they found the government materials in November while closing out a Washington, DC-based office – the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement – that Biden used as part of his relationship with the University of Pennsylvania, where he was an honorary professor from 2017 to 2019."
January 10th, 2023 at 8:29:35 AM permalink
rxwine
You just didn't pay attention because you only care about things that Trump does. The quote is from that far left biased source CNN. Note the time line of the office after he left office as the VP.

"Biden’s lawyers say they found the government materials in November while closing out a Washington, DC-based office – the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement – that Biden used as part of his relationship with the University of Pennsylvania, where he was an honorary professor from 2017 to 2019."

They found the materials, not placed there after he left office like you implied.
January 10th, 2023 at 8:59:46 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Did Biden refuse to hand over the documents after the authorities repeatedly asked him to? Did he lie to the DOJ about having them in his possession?

Rhetorical questions. Wouldn’t want to melt kenarman’s brain (any further ).

But hey, the GOP runs the House now. Feel free to investigate this! But that would make Donny look bad too…

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/classified-docs-gop-fails-find-parallel-trump-rcna65085
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 10th, 2023 at 9:06:40 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
... a gas leak could blow your house to smithereens.
do you also worry about being struck by lightning out of the blue?

actually many people used to be, maybe many still are, opposed to having gas in their homes. It's a choice you can make if you are lucky.

as for the Biden administration, this is not about safety, I don't think, but about discontinuing fossil fuels. They imagine a future where electricity is provided by wind and solar.

I also thing this ain't happening for existing gas line connections to homes in any time soon that a Joe Biden would see come to pass
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 2 of 55<12345>Last »