The Biden Presidency 2023

Page 3 of 55<123456>Last »
January 10th, 2023 at 9:18:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
do you also worry about being struck by lightning out of the blue?

Who uses lightning for anything in your house/ No Ben Franklin's living in my neighborhood.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 10th, 2023 at 9:59:02 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: odiousgambit
do you also worry about being struck by lightning out of the blue?

I know two people who lost their homes due to gas dryer fires.

The first, pressed the button to start the dryer, and the dryer exploded in flames. She and her family managed to escape, but the gas kept feeding the fire and by the time the FDNY arrived, the house was fully involved.

The second had a similar experience. The lint in the dryer vent caught fire. They escaped, but the gas fed the flames, destroying the home before the fire dept. arrived.

In 2015, there was a massive gas explosion caused by an illegal hook up that leveled two buildings in lower Manhattan. Two or three people were killed. In response, the city imposed new gas safety laws.

Months later, just before winter, when the gas company was replacing a meter in my home, the worker informed me, he had to do an inspection under the new law. His meter found a small leak in a seal on the gas pipe. He told me, "If you can get a plumber here right away, I will wait. Otherwise I have to red tag you and shut off the gas to your home until an inspector arrives to check the repair. You will have to wait six months for an inspector. That's how backed up the inspections are."

My plumber arrived in fifteen minutes and fixed the leak. Best $400 I ever spent. Before he left, he mentioned the backlog and told me "You have no idea how lucky you are".

Otherwise, no heat, hot water, stove, dryer, for six months.

January 10th, 2023 at 10:11:21 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
lol

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 10th, 2023 at 10:51:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
I know two people who lost their homes due to gas dryer fires.

I lived in a neighborhood in MD for over 30 years. It was gas everything. Stoves and dryers and heating. In fact all the houses had a gas light in front. I can't remember a single gas incident. I had to replace my dryer. Had to hire a professional gas man to hook up my dryer. That dryer rocked. So quick to dry clothes.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 10th, 2023 at 11:04:30 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
New scandal: Biden also retained classified records, just like Trump.

Discovered months ago, but news was squelched.

Uncle Joe and fht fat oaf are both felons.

Jail to the chiefs!
January 10th, 2023 at 11:05:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Dear kenarman,

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 10th, 2023 at 12:14:35 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: kenarman
You just didn't pay attention because you only care about things that Trump does. The quote is from that far left biased source CNN. Note the time line of the office after he left office as the VP.

"Biden’s lawyers say they found the government materials in November while closing out a Washington, DC-based office – the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement – that Biden used as part of his relationship with the University of Pennsylvania, where he was an honorary professor from 2017 to 2019."

Quote: rxwine
They found the materials, not placed there after he left office like you implied.

Reading comprehension problems? It was his office from 2017 to 2019 while an honorary professor. I will leave it up you to try and figure out when he left office, I am sure you can do it if you concentrate real hard.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 10th, 2023 at 1:02:46 PM permalink
rxwine
You just didn't pay attention because you only care about things that Trump does. The quote is from that far left biased source CNN. Note the time line of the office after he left office as the VP.

"Biden’s lawyers say they found the government materials in November while closing out a Washington, DC-based office – the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement – that Biden used as part of his relationship with the University of Pennsylvania, where he was an honorary professor from 2017 to 2019."

Reading comprehension problems? It was his office from 2017 to 2019 while an honorary professor. I will leave it up you to try and figure out when he left office, I am sure you can do it if you concentrate real hard.

Trump didn't pack up his own office. That was one of Trump's real outs. Being able to claim he didn't actually know dozens of boxes of government documents were sent to Mar A Lago. Biden had a reported folder of a dozen documents in his office materials that were classified. Chances are nil Biden packed up his office either.

You figure it out. Add in all the denials and lack of cooperation Trump did afterward. No comparison.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 11th, 2023 at 6:17:23 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
The problem I have have with Biden having classified documents improperly is multi fold.

1. If you have to compare your crime/malfeasance/error to one of Trump’s, you’ve basically already admitted your guilt. ‘Yeah, I killed the guy, but I didn’t eat him like Dahmer did!’

2. This info was found out BEFORE the midterm elections, yet somehow the media didn’t think it was newsworthy to mention? Oh yeah, there was a house fire in Des Moines that week that CNN thought was more important.

3. I think the Biden administration is implying the ONLY reason they found the trove of documents was because they were ‘cleaning up’ the office! Implying if they weren’t closing the office they NEVER would have been found. So they would have TOP SECRET documents there, and not really even know it? How incompetent can they be?

In summary, the only thing that the grossly incompetent Biden administration can say is, as they basically always do, is

‘We suck, but we’re not as bad as Trump!’
January 11th, 2023 at 7:10:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
The problem I have have with Biden having classified documents improperly is multi fold.

1. If you have to compare your crime/malfeasance/error to one of Trump’s, you’ve basically already admitted your guilt. ‘Yeah, I killed the guy, but I didn’t eat him like Dahmer did!’

2. This info was found out BEFORE the midterm elections, yet somehow the media didn’t think it was newsworthy to mention? Oh yeah, there was a house fire in Des Moines that week that CNN thought was more important.

3. I think the Biden administration is implying the ONLY reason they found the trove of documents was because they were ‘cleaning up’ the office! Implying if they weren’t closing the office they NEVER would have been found. So they would have TOP SECRET documents there, and not really even know it? How incompetent can they be?

In summary, the only thing that the grossly incompetent Biden administration can say is, as they basically always do, is

‘We suck, but we’re not as bad as Trump!’

I don't think either President Trump or Biden are responsible for some loose documents among their office materials from their tenue. I think that's perfectly reasonable. Loose documents outside of office materials out of his same office materials would be unusual.

The problem with Trump is almost completely his actions after they were already handling his situation giving him plenty of leniancy. Or in his case, plenty of rope was given to him to settle the situation relatively quietly. All I can say, wtf, with Trump's handling of his own situation. He totally F***** himself.
Page 3 of 55<123456>Last »