The Trump Arrest thread

August 29th, 2023 at 3:30:42 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: missedhervee
The pic of him at the Iowa fair...looks like he got run over by the old age bus.

He left the fair early, after only an hour or so, because he “wasn’t feeling well.” Allegedly.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 29th, 2023 at 3:40:29 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Evenbob
How the hell did Trump do it? That might be the best mugshot of anybody ever taken ever. I can't stop looking at it not because it's Trump, it's just totally iconic. There is so much there in that look, how the hell did he manage that. You don't just practice something like that in the mirror, something like that comes from inside you. Even people on the left are going what the hell? Who is this guy, how are we going to run against that. Amazing.

He's a natural leader.

The only way to keep him from winning is continual election interference and even that may not work.
August 29th, 2023 at 5:11:24 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: DoubleGold
He's a natural leader.

The only way to keep him from winning is continual election interference and even that may not work.

Yeah, he's got some leadership ability but he is not a true leader. Leaders work to make the people around them better and treat them properly. He is a user and abuser of people. Leaders don't need to tell everyone how great they are; they are just great.

His attacks on people who he has "helped" or worked with are part of it. Yes, there are people running against him who he helped along the way. His job was to help them along the way because their election and work helped him and the party. It isn't like it was a one way street and he is the benevolent elder. You can actually run against someone and outpoint them with your polices and plans...not with your insults.

His act is old and tired. He isn't at the President Biden stage of old and tired, but at this point I wish he would depart the stage and take care of a little personal business he has going on.

I do believe that the DOJ and others have conspired to trump up the charges. That doesn't mean they have no case but four people can make all of them go away. The judges are setting dates that won't work because the cases will run over each other which impacts the chance of a fair trial--dates will get changed. My biggest reason to want him to go away is that he wanted to suspend the Constitution. That is a hard "no" for me.

The real travesty in the election of 2020 (before any of the other stuff) is that most of the media allowed President Biden to get away with hiding in the basement and did not ask him any hard questions. They pushed hard at one guy and not the other. The media is at its best when it looks at everyone and pushes for answers. The news channels have faded from having real opposition folks on and have more patsies representing the other side. Some of them are okay, but most parrot the party line the channel holds using different words. Yes, Fox, you, too!
August 29th, 2023 at 6:30:36 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee
The pic of him at the Iowa fair...looks like he got run over by the old age bus.

How dare you talk about such a svelte, 215lb, 6'3" man in such a way? Prime athletic condition. He must put more hours in at the gym than I do being awake.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 29th, 2023 at 6:42:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC

I do believe that the DOJ and others have conspired to trump up the charges.

If he wants to be treated like the average defendant, then he actually is. And a jury will decide. Two answers returned below.

Quote:
Prosecutors often overcharge defendants in hopes that, out of maybe five charges, at least one or two lead to a conviction. A jury may not find the additional charges to be appropriate, so the jury decides the defendant is not guilty of those extra charges

Quote:
Why do prosecutors overcharge defendants?
Overcharging is a technique that allows prosecutors to assert power in pursuit of the outcome they desire. They know that if you see multiple charges stacked against you, you will be more likely to accept a plea bargain.Sep 30, 2022

Of course, he doesn't want to be treated like the average defendant, because that would be what he deserves, not what he wants.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 29th, 2023 at 8:12:11 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
If he wants to be treated like the average defendant, then he actually is. And a jury will decide. Two answers returned below.

Of course, he doesn't want to be treated like the average defendant, because that would be what he deserves, not what he wants.

I understand overcharging. I've seen it a lot. Doesn't make it good policy. If you have a good case, file the correct charges and get the conviction. Overcharging is a way for a much stronger entity to bully defendants into pleas agreements that make the prosecutors look good.

I was actually talking about coordination that appears to have happened between the different jurisdictions.

In this case, overcharging could easily lead to four people making each trial end in a mistrial. All it takes is one on each jury.

I'm still not happy that he is running. He could help lose the Presidency again while potentially losing the House and letting the Senate stay Democrat in a year when the sheer number of open states would normally mean a great chance of gains there.

He supports crappy candidates. Another Presidential candidate might lose to Biden, but likely would not support some of the lesser candidates Trump pushed on the party.

Lots of trials coming up...I am sure lots of motions will be filed....
August 29th, 2023 at 8:56:12 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
I was actually talking about coordination that appears to have happened between the different jurisdictions.

Nothing illegal or untoward about this if it did happen, as much as Gym Jordan would like to believe otherwise.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 29th, 2023 at 9:27:59 AM permalink
rxwine
If he starts considering all that prison time, he may decide to take a plea deal. So he would actually plead guilty to some charges in his own words. No different than any other defendant has to go through.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 29th, 2023 at 9:37:23 AM permalink
rxwine
He might have to consider if he can win his election and save himself, or take a plea deal, or go for broke and hope at least whatever trial gets done before the election that he beats the charges then gets elected.

Still waitng on the decision to move things to federal court. That could also happen.
August 29th, 2023 at 11:45:31 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
Nothing illegal or untoward about this if it did happen, as much as Gym Jordan would like to believe otherwise.

Normally, trials go in some logical order. The prosecutors are stepping all over themselves to set dates that make little sense based on the amount of discovery to work through.

I predict some motions and other actions will slow things down.

We'll see...

Gym, and some others, don't get a read or watch from me.