The Trump Arrest thread

September 8th, 2023 at 4:09:52 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Trump may be ranting tonight. Mark Meadows just got his appeal to have his case moved to federal court rejected.

Law and order!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 9th, 2023 at 9:07:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Well, there you go.

Quote:
One of the panelists on Georgia's special purpose grand jury consistently voted against recommendations to indict Donald Trump and his allies for their effort to overturn his 2020 election loss - prompting worries among prosecutors about their ability to convict.

Only takes one.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 9th, 2023 at 10:59:09 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Well, there you go.

Only takes one.

I doubt they are worried per se. Prosecutors know what the stakes are and what it takes to convict someone of crimes. A single vote against indictment is expected, I would imagine. Prosecutors know that now the real work begins-putting together a case to get a conviction. Par for the course in the criminal justice system.
September 26th, 2023 at 2:20:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Former President Donald Trump submitted "fraudulent valuations" for assets that were then used by himself, his eldest sons and his business to obtain better loan and insurance terms, a judge in New York decided Tuesday.

The judge's determination came as he granted partial summary judgment in New York Attorney General Letitia James' multimillion-dollar civil fraud lawsuit.

The judge cites "false and misleading square footage" of Trump's Fifth Avenue apartment among other faulty valuations.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 26th, 2023 at 2:28:00 PM permalink
rxwine
You know, I bet his poll numbers go up again.

I imagine if Trump just went out and committed crimes for a couple weeks, he'd become President again in no time the way things work for him.
I'm only half kidding.
September 26th, 2023 at 2:36:47 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Former President Donald Trump submitted "fraudulent valuations" for assets that were then used by himself, his eldest sons and his business to obtain better loan and insurance terms, a judge in New York decided Tuesday.

The judge's determination came as he granted partial summary judgment in New York Attorney General Letitia James' multimillion-dollar civil fraud lawsuit.

The judge cites "false and misleading square footage" of Trump's Fifth Avenue apartment among other faulty valuations.

Shocking, more lies by Trump about valuations. I cannot think of a single time Trump has been honest about a valuation. He seems to overestimate or underestimate as convenient.
September 26th, 2023 at 3:10:20 PM permalink
ams288
You know, I bet his poll numbers go up again.

I imagine if Trump just went out and committed crimes for a couple weeks, he'd become President again in no time the way things work for him.
I'm only half kidding.

I doubt his poll numbers will be affected: his braindead supporters will never hear this news in their MAGA bubble.
September 26th, 2023 at 6:15:08 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
I doubt his poll numbers will be affected: his braindead supporters will never hear this news in their MAGA bubble.

It is sad that the choice is between a bad man (Trump) whose policies are resonating with more and more Americans and an ok man (Biden) whose policies are a disaster which more and more Americans are realizing. I think the burgeoning migrant crisis is having more of an effect than the Dems anticipated.

SOOPOO for President.
September 27th, 2023 at 3:32:47 AM permalink
ams288
The Trump family is not happy about the NY ruling. Lots of deranged social media posts last night.

Maybe they shouldn’t have pled the fifth if they didn’t want to lose the case!!
September 27th, 2023 at 5:34:51 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO

SOOPOO for President.

You have my vote as I feel you are probably the most competent candidate.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.