In the News II

July 1st, 2023 at 7:41:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
So “The Dukes of Hazard” was racist? Southern rock and country is racist? The flag is about southern heritage, not racism.

You, otoh, are openly embracing racist policies against whites and Asians. You are the racist here not me.

The concept of affirmative action being racist implies the state cannot rectify a wrong if it has any impact on people who had nothing to do with it. Except we do it all the time. If I sue the city, do only the parties that were guilty of some malfeasance pay the damages. Usually, it's all the taxpayers. Grandchildren of Nazi
Germany had to likely pay some of the war debt damages that only ended in 1990s. Not racist at all.

The idea that innocent people shouldn't be impacted at all is fine, I'm for it where possible.

I don't know if affirmative action needed to be over completely.

I should believe what conservatives say about that? Hah ha. Probably being real skeptical of their motives is a better position.

You're obviously a fan of real racism.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 1st, 2023 at 8:42:02 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
You are the racist here not me.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 1st, 2023 at 9:21:28 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Always indicative of a no news day when the racism accusations are happening.
July 1st, 2023 at 9:46:58 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 97
Great, now the colleges will be filled with Asians.

Hard working, diligent, focused, motivated students from strong family backgrounds.

Whereas the caucasians and other minorities get left in the dust.

Seems almost fitting ...
July 1st, 2023 at 11:12:56 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
The concept of affirmative action being racist implies the state cannot rectify a wrong if it has any impact on people who had nothing to do with it. Except we do it all the time. If I sue the city, do only the parties that were guilty of some malfeasance pay the damages. Usually, it's all the taxpayers. Grandchildren of Nazi
Germany had to likely pay some of the war debt damages that only ended in 1990s. Not racist at all.

The idea that innocent people shouldn't be impacted at all is fine, I'm for it where possible.

I should believe what conservatives say about that? Hah ha. Probably being real skeptical of their motives is a better position.

From what I'm hearing almost nothing's going to change colleges are still going to discriminate because there's a loophole and Harvard has already admitted that they're not changing anything. Why have the smartest people in the most important jobs, like Asians and Indians, that makes too much sense. It doesn't matter cream always rises to the top no matter how much you try and keep it down. Look at the Jewish people discriminated against for literally thousands of years because they're so smart and guess who owns everything, guess who runs Hollywood and who runs the most important banks in the world. You can't keep smart people down because they're well, smarter than you.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 1st, 2023 at 12:11:23 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: Evenbob
Look at the Jewish people discriminated against for literally thousands of years because they're so smart and guess who owns everything, guess who runs Hollywood ...

"Jewish people do not run Hollywood. You would think the average person could understand that a minority that makes up 2% of the American population couldn’t possibly control one of the world’s largest industries. The famous studios we all enjoy and love are subsets of giant corporations managed by different people."

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-725307
July 1st, 2023 at 1:01:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
"Jewish people do not run Hollywood. You would think the average person could understand that a minority that makes up 2% of the American population couldn’t possibly control one of the world’s largest industries. The famous studios we all enjoy and love are subsets of giant corporations managed by different people."

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-725307

And Frank Rosenthal did not control the Stardust because Alan Glick was the actual owner.

Do you understand what EB is saying and how power works?
The President is a fink.
July 1st, 2023 at 1:05:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

Discriminating now because someone got discriminated against decades ago makes no sense.

What everybody seems to have missed here is in 2002 SCOTUS upheld affirmative action with a "20 year expiration date" of sorts. 20 years have passed and we are told we still need it for some unknown reason. It has been in effect for 60 years now to different degrees. Time to throw it to the trash can of other bad ideas from history.
The President is a fink.
July 1st, 2023 at 3:57:34 PM permalink
missedhervee
And Frank Rosenthal did not control the Stardust because Alan Glick was the actual owner. Do you understand what EB is saying and how power works?

Yes, and both of you are incorrect, living in the past.

There was a time, before the Rise of the Corporations, that Jews did control Hollywood, and the mafia did control sin city.

But those days are past.

It may be that many of the people toward the top of the Hollywood power tower are Jewish, but the ownership of corporations that hired them to create the product is not their exclusive domain.
July 1st, 2023 at 4:04:41 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I read that one person was mad about the college oans not being forgiven because they thought they would be so they took out a new credit card and now owe on that too.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.