In the News II

November 23rd, 2023 at 11:47:52 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: DoubleGold
Mine was around 3.0 and the lowest on the team was 2.2.

Those numbers are body fat percentage.

A six foot person weighing 22 pounds would have a BMI of 3.0
November 23rd, 2023 at 11:54:14 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Tanko

What's the difference because we always used the term "Body Fat"?
November 23rd, 2023 at 12:00:14 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko

On DG’s planet, those are reasonable numbers.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 23rd, 2023 at 12:14:53 PM permalink
DoubleGold
November 23rd, 2023 at 12:50:06 PM permalink
DoubleGold
So we were pushed to the edge.

The only way I could explain it, is being nauseated but keep going.

That's how to drop fat.

We weren't professional body builders, so someone like Arnold might have had close to 1% body fat percentage.

And he was huge.

----------------------------

Going for the Gaunt: How Low Can an Athlete's Body Fat Go?

FEBRUARY 19, 2010
How do athletes achieve such lean physiques?

It takes a long time to achieve and maintain these low levels of body fat. It really comes down to balance. Energy in equals energy out. With increased energy expenditure and lower caloric intake, you can tip the scale to reduce weight.

Is it safe for them to get down to 2 percent body fat?

Athletes have to take in adequate amounts of protein to maintain muscle mass, and they still have to take in adequate amounts of carbohydrate to maintain optimal training intensities. If they do this properly, they can maintain heavy workout sessions and lose fat without compromising their performance.

So 2 percent would be a safe lower limit if athletes eat right. What sort of diet should they have?

Meat, fish, poultry and dairy are good protein sources. But they also need to take in a fair amount of carbohydrates. When you're training at high intensities, you're burning more carbs. When those stores deplete, your body has to use something else—this could be fat, but it could be protein. People don't always appreciate how difficult it is to lose fat without losing protein. For athletes to maintain a high level of performance and low body fat, it means they have to a have a really good balance in their diet in order to maintain their health.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/athlete-body-fat/

--------------------------------------
November 23rd, 2023 at 4:48:16 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO

I think you mean that if someone has decided to take their own life they should not be PREVENTED from doing so. Offering alternatives is reasonable to me.

Did I state how you feel correctly?

Yes you did. Thank you. I guess I was thinking more about things like the nets on the bridges.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 23rd, 2023 at 9:30:18 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
My dad worked for a bit at Bally's AC and would tell us different ways losers offed themselves there.
November 23rd, 2023 at 9:31:08 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Suicide can be traumatizing to both the surviving family members and those who witness the death happening.

So if you want to kill yourself after a bad loss at the tables, or if your wife leaves you for a woman...be considerate.

OD in your hotel room, alone, no muss, no fuss, and do leave a nice tip for the maid.
November 24th, 2023 at 12:10:04 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: missedhervee
Suicide can be traumatizing to both the surviving family members and those who witness the death happening.

So if you want to kill yourself after a bad loss at the tables, or if your wife leaves you for a woman...be considerate.

OD in your hotel room, alone, no muss, no fuss, and do leave a nice tip for the maid.

make your mess out in the woods if you are going to shoot yourself

or maybe in any case, somebody has to clean up when you defecate too
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 24th, 2023 at 3:46:30 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee

You say, ‘No muss, no fuss,’ do you have any idea the paperwork involved if someone is staying at your hotel when they die even if they don’t die in the hotel?

The best thing to do is probably just go to the garage or basement (if they have one), line the entire area around them with thick plastic—the wall as well as the floor—and then blow their brains out of the back of their head. If no garage or basement, then they can probably go somewhere outdoors, relatively isolated, and do the same. They’d want to notify police immediately before they shoot to minimize the chance (time) of non-law enforcement discovering the body.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman