In the News II

November 30th, 2023 at 2:54:18 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
Like the gop proposals to take away your gas stove and force you into an electric car?

Wait, wrong party!

That wrong party is actually pretty smart, and solves problems, like indoor air pollution caused by burning fossil fuels inside the home.
November 30th, 2023 at 3:15:18 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: GenoDRPh
That wrong party is actually pretty smart, and solves problems, like indoor air pollution caused by burning fossil fuels inside the home.

Coal is going to have a massive comeback in the event that the majority of Americans are driving electric vehicles.

The electricity costs will simply be too high and nobody will be able to afford to drive anywhere. Unless...maybe that's actually the plan. Of course, most people won't be able to afford to heat their houses and keep their lights on without government assistance, either. The government won't be able to cover the costs of all of that...so, yeah, coal is going to have a massive comeback in the event that the majority of Americans are driving electric vehicles.

Three cheers for coal! Burn it all! Paint the sky black!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 30th, 2023 at 3:22:16 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: Mission146
Coal is going to have a massive comeback in the event that the majority of Americans are driving electric vehicles.

The electricity costs will simply be too high and nobody will be able to afford to drive anywhere. Unless...maybe that's actually the plan. Of course, most people won't be able to afford to heat their houses and keep their lights on without government assistance, either. The government won't be able to cover the costs of all of that...so, yeah, coal is going to have a massive comeback in the event that the majority of Americans are driving electric vehicles.

Three cheers for coal! Burn it all! Paint the sky black!

Easier to control emissions from a few thousand smokestacks than it is from tens of millions of tailpipes.

Isn't clean coal a thing? I mean, that's what the energy companies keep saying...
November 30th, 2023 at 3:54:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

If you do not want to "burn fossil fuels" in your home then don't. Gas stoves have been great for over 100 years. Most serious people prefer them. My guess it you did not find it a "problem" until your party told you to think that it was.

As to me, I want my gas stove and gas furnace. They work better than electric.
The President is a fink.
November 30th, 2023 at 4:36:23 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: AZDuffman
If you do not want to "burn fossil fuels" in your home then don't. Gas stoves have been great for over 100 years. Most serious people prefer them. My guess it you did not find it a "problem" until your party told you to think that it was.

As to me, I want my gas stove and gas furnace. They work better than electric.

Me thinks newer electric appliances an heating solutions work better than 100 year old technology, and are less dangerous to public health to boot.
November 30th, 2023 at 5:53:18 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Me thinks newer electric appliances an heating solutions work better than 100 year old technology, and are less dangerous to public health to boot.

I guess that is why new appliances only last 1/2 as long as the old appliances.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 30th, 2023 at 6:06:38 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: kenarman

Pay for quality, and you'll get quality.
November 30th, 2023 at 10:36:15 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Not true in todays appliances.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 1st, 2023 at 1:14:55 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Are any of the Tesla Cyber Trucks gasoline powered or are they going to make all of them clean coal and natural gas powered?

Does gasoline consumption create more pollution than clean coal?

-------------------

More than 60% of energy used for electricity generation is lost in conversion

JULY 21, 2020
The difference in conversion rates is because coal-fired generation plants in the United States are often older and less efficient than many natural gas-fired plants. In U.S. power plants, generating a kilowatthour of electricity from coal requires on average about one-third more energy than producing a kilowatthour from natural gas. Although more electricity was generated by natural gas than by coal in 2016, it was not until 2019 that more natural gas was used to generate electricity than coal.
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=44436

-------------------
December 1st, 2023 at 1:33:02 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: kenarman
which makes it impossible to: 1] save money for the consumer, 2] save energy as claimed by "energy efficiency" due to the enormous amount used in manufactering

Such a lame remark makes me think this scenario is involved:

GenoD reports back to his Commissar what he said in defense of the Narrative
Commissar: "oh my god, why did you say something so lame?"
GenoDL : I couldn't say anything else, you can't defend these modern appliances, Sir. Yet the Narrative must be defended: 'Biden and his Admistration can do no wrong' "
Commissar: "Well, OK, but work on that"
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]