In the News II

December 1st, 2023 at 5:11:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko
'

EV owners can expect a 60% drop in their car's value after three years.

The article you're quoting has this in the summary at the bottom.

Quote:
Is an electric car a good investment?
Yes. If you look long-term and take into account the amount of money you'll save from buying gas, switching to an electric car is an excellent investment.

and this

Quote:
Do electric cars depreciate slower than gas cars?
Some data suggest that electric cars depreciate slower (50% after 3 years) than gas cars (60%).

and this

Quote:
Do electric cars last longer than regular cars?
Electric cars are powered by lithium-ion batteries lasting anywhere between 15 and 20 years. This means that an EV will most likely last longer than a regular car.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 1st, 2023 at 6:00:10 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Tanko
' Cost of ‘fueling’ an electric vehicle is equivalent to $17.33 per gallon'

'A total of 3,882 franchised car dealers from 50 states sent a letter to Biden Tuesday urging the administration to slow down its EV mandates.'

"With each passing day, it becomes more apparent that this attempted electric vehicle mandate is unrealistic based on current and forecasted customer demand. Already, electric vehicles are stacking up on our lots which is our best indicator of customer demand in the marketplace."

EV's depreciate faster than gasoline powered vehicles. Which is another reason few dealers accept EV trade ins.

EV owners can expect a 60% drop in their car's value after three years.

I think that means oil has room to run so that it reaches the equivalent.

I was trying to project oil price based upon $17.33 per gallon of gasoline.

One barrel of oil can make 42 gallons of gasoline.

42 * 17.33 = $727.86 equivalent.

If my math and logic are correct, the price of oil could reach $700 per barrel since we already know folks are willing to pay $17.33 per gallon equivalency on the EV scam.
December 1st, 2023 at 6:56:53 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
That might be why Buffy has bought a boatload of OXY.
December 1st, 2023 at 7:27:04 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: GenoDRPh
Easier to control emissions from a few thousand smokestacks than it is from tens of millions of tailpipes.

Isn't clean coal a thing? I mean, that's what the energy companies keep saying...

Screw that; it costs more. We're going to need to drive electricity prices DOWN, not up. Remove all regulations!!! Burn, baby, burn!!!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 1st, 2023 at 7:32:31 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Me thinks newer electric appliances an heating solutions work better than 100 year old technology, and are less dangerous to public health to boot.

I don't give a flying **** about the public health. People can make their own decisions. If someone manages to asphyxiate themselves or give themselves carbon monoxide poisoning due to improper use of the appliance, then they deserve to be dead. Who cares if they're alive or dead anyway?

Actually, them being dead reduces demand for base resources, such as food, water, electricity, gas; enough people being dead and the costs to consumer of those things would plummet. Also, if we don't have a Labor Force Participation Rate of 100%, then clearly we have too many people as there aren't enough jobs for them anyway.

You guys are so obsessed with public health, people living as long as possible...etc...etc...etc..; it's totally wrongheaded. Answer me this: In and of itself, what benefit is there to people living longer?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 1st, 2023 at 7:34:54 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Pay for quality, and you'll get quality.

So...you want electricity costs to go through the roof, increase the cost of transportation...and yet, you somehow expect that people will be able to afford top-tier appliances? How does that work?
December 1st, 2023 at 7:36:33 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: kenarman
Not true in todays appliances.

The biggest problem with modern appliances, in my opinion, is all of the dang tech in them. That's not to say that they don't have cool function; they do, but it's not worth it if you have to worry about microchips breaking, internal computer needing reprogrammed, etc...

A reliable machine, in my opinion, lasts as long as possible at the cheapest price to the consumer and has as few breakable components as feasible.
December 1st, 2023 at 7:38:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Mission146
Screw that; it costs more. We're going to need to drive electricity prices DOWN, not up. Remove all regulations!!! Burn, baby, burn!!!

We're going to use total energy. They'll be masts for your car so you can raise a sail. We'll use waste water to build up compression to accelerate your car out of the garage. When you fart, it will be turbo mode.

Seriously though, we've not yet optimized our use of energy by any means.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 1st, 2023 at 7:40:21 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
We're going to use total energy. They'll be masts for your car so you can raise a sail. We'll use waste water to build up compression to accelerate your car out of the garage. When you fart, it will be turbo mode.

Seriously though, we've not yet optimized our use of energy by any means.

Cool, let's keep working on that, and in the meantime, burn everything we can to keep energy cheap.
December 1st, 2023 at 7:42:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Mission146
Cool, let's keep working on that, and in the meantime, burn everything we can to keep energy cheap.

You first, I still like most things I own.