In the News II

December 6th, 2023 at 10:11:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JimRockford
Time POTY (Previously MOTY) is widely misunderstood. It’s meant to identify an impactful person, sort of a newsmaker of the year, not a person of high character. In 1980 during the Iran hostage crises Time named Ayatollah Khomeini MOTY. For those too young to remember, there was NO ONE who Americans hated more than Khomeini at that time.

Thanks, I tried explaining that earlier.

I remember Kholmeni targets for shooting at. One was even in a classroom of the high school in my Catholic parish.
The President is a fink.
December 6th, 2023 at 10:36:53 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
One thing I don’t think I’ve ever gotten upset about is who gets select for the Time Person of the Year.

The only people who could have even the slightest reason to care about it are those who were in the running for it and lost out to Taylor (sorry Elon).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 6th, 2023 at 10:43:04 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
One thing I don’t think I’ve ever gotten upset about is who gets select for the Time Person of the Year.

The only people who could have even the slightest reason to care about it are those who were in the running for it and lost out to Taylor (sorry Elon).

Didn't he just win it two years ago? I understand that there have been several repeat winners, but what would Elon Musk have done to warrant consideration again, so soon?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 6th, 2023 at 10:55:36 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
Didn't he just win it two years ago? I understand that there have been several repeat winners, but what would Elon Musk have done to warrant consideration again, so soon?

Ew, did he?

Shows how much attention I pay to the Person of the Year.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 6th, 2023 at 11:03:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Ew, did he?

Shows how much attention I pay to the Person of the Year.

I’d rather be “Sexist Man Alive”. But I’d need to be younger and at peak strength for that. ‘Cause you need your strength to swing the stick at the hordes trying to a get piece of you.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 7th, 2023 at 12:46:47 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
James D. is just now figuring out retail banks are obsolete. :)

There are many reasons why, but a big one is, can't launder Bitcoin because it's transparent.

Can only launder fiat.

So what he's accusing us of, is what he and banks are guilty of.

The way it is now, if a person writes, says, or does what banks don't agree with (super far left), they can close the person's bank account to prevent the person from buying food or anything else from the account.

Not so with Bitcoin.

He's whining for good reason.

Because the banking cartel is a scam to control citizens.

----------------------

Jamie Dimon lashes out against crypto: ‘If I was the government, I’d close it down’

DEC 6 2023
“The only true use case for it is criminals, drug traffickers … money laundering, tax avoidance.”
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/06/jamie-dimon-lashes-out-on-crypto-if-i-was-the-government-id-close-it-down.html

---------------------

Financial Blacklisting: Wells Fargo Shuts Down GOP Senate Candidate Lauren Witzke’s Bank Account

16 Jun 2021
Use this as a warning and get your money out of Wells Fargo if you are a conservative.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/16/financial-blacklisting-wells-fargo-shuts-down-gop-senate-candidate-lauren-witzkes-bank-account/

------------------------
December 7th, 2023 at 4:09:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Person of the Year selection is almost 100 years old. Charles Linberg was the first recipient. Walter Chrysler of the car company was the 2nd.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 9th, 2023 at 1:35:36 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
December 9th, 2023 at 1:45:31 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: missedhervee

That is impressive, but I am a bit concerned they have been letting somebody who is not even a legal adult work as a clerk at the prosecutor's office. This seems like it can have some massive issues very quickly? I get this guy is impressive and probably more sound than most 50 year olds, but that is not the point, just not being an adult has issues in and of itself....
December 9th, 2023 at 2:19:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
That is impressive, but I am a bit concerned they have been letting somebody who is not even a legal adult work as a clerk at the prosecutor's office. This seems like it can have some massive issues very quickly? I get this guy is impressive and probably more sound than most 50 year olds, but that is not the point, just not being an adult has issues in and of itself....

He will be a legal adult in a few months. Probably more mature than most people in their early 20s.
The President is a fink.