In the News II

December 25th, 2023 at 5:55:11 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
One plan could be for Congress to seize 90% of the wealth of the top 90% of the net worth of Democrats.

That amount would be less than what is required to make complete amends of slavery.

Then whatever amount is deemed short, establish a financing plan from the Treasury so the Democrats can make payments until their notes are paid off.
December 25th, 2023 at 6:43:04 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: odiousgambit
a very good question!

Really?

Should only people with kids pay taxes to cover education?

Should only criminals pay taxes to cover police?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 25th, 2023 at 7:07:45 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: DRich
Really?

Should only people with kids pay taxes to cover education?

Should only criminals pay taxes to cover police?
we all benefit from universal education and police forces.

only certain people would benefit from reparations, and almost inevitably many of those would not be the descendants of slaves, while some would be the descendants of slave owners [some were blacks]. Likely it'd be a skin color test. I'll stop here and not list other reasons it's a bad idea

I think your objection is probably in line with feeling that DG and I are being mischievous in pointing out that the pro-slavery people and really [virtually] the only slave owners owners by the 19th century were Democrats. Yeah, I agree, it's pretty bad to be blaming the people living today for what their predecessors might have done, so actually I absolve today's Democrats for that [other than pointing it out]. But wait! That's the same reason I'm against Reparations! Are we to have one set blamed and not the other?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 25th, 2023 at 7:35:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
we all benefit from universal education and police forces.

only certain people would benefit from reparations, and almost inevitably many of those would not be the descendants of slaves, while some would be the descendants of slave owners [some were blacks]. Likely it'd be a skin color test. I'll stop here and not list other reasons it's a bad idea

I think your objection is probably in line with feeling that DG and I are being mischievous in pointing out that the pro-slavery people and really [virtually] the only slave owners owners by the 19th century were Democrats. Yeah, I agree, it's pretty bad to be blaming the people living today for what their predecessors might have done, so actually I absolve today's Democrats for that [other than pointing it out]. But wait! That's the same reason I'm against Reparations! Are we to have one set blamed and not the other?

Still doesn't work, because I pretty much argue I don't benefit from all chosen tax projects. Sure you can always find some that are arguably mostly universal. That's why it's great if you can get 60% approval for anything. Generally that's a pretty good ratio. It's like magical if you can get 80 or 90%,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 25th, 2023 at 7:42:01 AM permalink
DoubleGold
There was liability for taking land from the natives and terminating lives.

If I am a non-native, was I liable?
December 25th, 2023 at 7:53:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DoubleGold
There was liability for taking land from the natives and terminating lives.

If I am a non-native, was I liable?

For example, according to this.

Quote:
Lawsuits to settle allegations of misconduct by more than 7,600 officers from around the country have amounted to more than $3.2 billion over the past decade from US taxpayers.

https://thecrimereport.org/2022/03/09/police-misconduct-cost-taxpayers-over-3-2-billion-in-settlements/

If you don't want to pay it in taxes, don't move here. If you don't want to pay it and you already live in the USA then leave the USA. I'm sure you didn't do it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 25th, 2023 at 9:26:34 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
----------

"If your issue is big money in politics, enhancing their positions and special interests buying the legislation and policies that benefit them, to the detriment of normal Americans who don't have such deep pockets or to bend the ears of their elected representatives, I hear you. But I note that you only complained when Soros's name came out on top. Would you have complained if Koch, or Murdoch, or any other conservative or GOP donor? I think not, because you haven't. Your objective isn't with the game, but that Soros is playing."

-----------

Soros is exploiting Democracy, not the perfect Constitutional Republic we inherited.

In theory, no amount of money can exploit our perfect system because of our checks and balances.

It's designed to protect against mob rule (Democracy).

Again, we are not a Democracy (Demos = mob).

One way to exploit the checks and balances, are folks like RINOs that believe we're a Democracy when we're not.

Either the RINOs are brainwashed into thinking we're a Democracy or they're corrupt (a main attribute of Democracy), take your pick.

That creates an imbalance that is not checked.

Then boo-coos of money are added to exaggerate that imbalance by none other than Soros.

Here are some easy examples to see the mob:

--------------------

The Mob Mentality of Liberals

October 25, 2018
https://www.thenationalpatriot.com/2018/10/the-mob-mentality-of-liberals/

--------------------

I've stopped trying to firgure out where youa re trying to go with this Republic versdus Democracy hangup of your.

Of mob mentality, the only mob that tried to overthrow the government since 1865 was the Republican mob on Jan 6, 2021.
December 25th, 2023 at 9:26:34 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
----------

"If your issue is big money in politics, enhancing their positions and special interests buying the legislation and policies that benefit them, to the detriment of normal Americans who don't have such deep pockets or to bend the ears of their elected representatives, I hear you. But I note that you only complained when Soros's name came out on top. Would you have complained if Koch, or Murdoch, or any other conservative or GOP donor? I think not, because you haven't. Your objective isn't with the game, but that Soros is playing."

-----------

Soros is exploiting Democracy, not the perfect Constitutional Republic we inherited.

In theory, no amount of money can exploit our perfect system because of our checks and balances.

It's designed to protect against mob rule (Democracy).

Again, we are not a Democracy (Demos = mob).

One way to exploit the checks and balances, are folks like RINOs that believe we're a Democracy when we're not.

Either the RINOs are brainwashed into thinking we're a Democracy or they're corrupt (a main attribute of Democracy), take your pick.

That creates an imbalance that is not checked.

Then boo-coos of money are added to exaggerate that imbalance by none other than Soros.

Here are some easy examples to see the mob:

--------------------

The Mob Mentality of Liberals

October 25, 2018
https://www.thenationalpatriot.com/2018/10/the-mob-mentality-of-liberals/

--------------------

I've stopped trying to firgure out where youa re trying to go with this Republic versdus Democracy hangup of your.

Of mob mentality, the only mob that tried to overthrow the government since 1865 was the Republican mob on Jan 6, 2021.
December 26th, 2023 at 1:25:40 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: GenoDRPh

I hear you, but the trust is already broken.

Reestablishing trust is the bottleneck.

Once trust is lost, it's very difficult to get back.

Before Democrats can be trusted, "complete" amends have to be made for past actions.

That includes admission of guilt and monetary compensation to all those negatively affected as the result of mob mentality.

Then we have the option (not requirement) to forgive the Democrat Party.

Until then, the Democrat Party will fail, because the (re)public's eyes are opening.

-------------

“A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one-percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.”

-- Thomas Jefferson

-------------

"Will the Democratic Party finally apologize for supporting slavery, segregation, lynching, and the Ku Klux Klan?"

https://web.archive.org/web/20150630102356/http:/spectator.org/articles/63244/will-democrats-apologize-slavery-and-segregation

--------------
December 26th, 2023 at 2:02:24 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: rxwine
For example, according to this.

https://thecrimereport.org/2022/03/09/police-misconduct-cost-taxpayers-over-3-2-billion-in-settlements/

If you don't want to pay it in taxes, don't move here. If you don't want to pay it and you already live in the USA then leave the USA. I'm sure you didn't do it.

Let me ask another way.

If I'm a Native American, do you think I should be liable for slavery?