In the News II

December 26th, 2023 at 4:47:38 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
We will not put it in place and will lose it. Look at when Trump tried, he was accused of "starting a trade war." One day the dollar will collapse and we will lose it all.

I agree the dollar will collapse but it won't be in either of our lifetimes.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 26th, 2023 at 5:01:32 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich

Before or after the sun engulfs the earth?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 27th, 2023 at 12:54:15 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Misleading. The USA had an insatiable demand for labor as it grew. More than a few guys got drunk in bars and work up on ships to be indentured servants. But it was just having the labor, not that it was slave labor per se. Note that things boomed even more after the Civil War.

Let's look at that a little, because it's a clue.

King Cotton versus Big Tech;

The Old South versus the Sanctuary Cities;

Black slaves (and indentured servants) versus illegal invaders;

The pattern of each seems to be a two-tiered system.

The "haves" and "have-nots".

It's a similar thing happening again.

-----------------

The Old South shall rise again

September 2022
Like the Democratic Party of the Old South, the Democrats today of blue-state America are the party of the rich.
https://newcriterion.com/issues/2022/9/the-old-south-shall-rise-again

-----------------
December 27th, 2023 at 1:22:12 AM permalink
DoubleGold
If the modern Democrat plantation owners are allowed to keep their wealth, they'll likely do it again in another 100 years.

And again, and again, and again.

That practically free labor goes into their pockets.

And the ones that can't help them are discarded on the streets as homeless.

"This Confederatization of Leftist values and protocols is uncanny."

----------------

'Ballot Banishers' - 2023 Democrats & 1861 Confederates

DEC 26, 2023
In the election of 1860, southern Democrats in 10 states of the soon-to-be formalized Confederacy made it almost impossible for their own voters to cast ballots for Abraham Lincoln for President.

In that sense, the Left in Colorado would have felt right at home in the ante-bellum South - erasing the name of a presidential candidate whom they loathed and by whom they were similarly terrified.

In eerie fashion, and also similar to the old ethos of the Confederacy, the Democratic Left now believes in state nullification of federal statutes.

So like the would-be secessionist states of 1860-1, over 550 jurisdictions, almost all in blue states, claim that federal immigration laws no longer apply to them.

Thus they brag that they can breezily be defied. (Not so easily or willfully are federal gun laws, or EPA mandates, or federal endangered species lists, ignored in red-state jurisdictions.)

The essence of sanctuary cities is an arrogant sense that federal law means nothing to morally superior local and state governments.

So they nullify federal immigration laws in the manner of defying tariffs by South Carolina in 1832, or racial integration by Alabama Governor George Wallace in 1963.

Wallace tried to block integration by opposing federal implementation of the Supreme Court’s ruling against segregation of students by race in public schools and universities, as well as President Kennedy’s federalization of the Alabama national guard.

This Confederatization of Leftist values and protocols is uncanny. And I wrote about the phenomenon in a recent New Criterion article” The Old South Shall Rise Again”.
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ballot-banishers-2023-democrats-1861-confederates

-----------------
December 27th, 2023 at 2:00:44 AM permalink
DoubleGold
I'm posting the same quote, but this time not for an organization name.

This association is in regards to the new plantation (sanctuary cities exploiting labor).

The Internet is like Cotton and the Illegal Invaders are like Slavery and Indentured Servants.

---------------

ChatGPT:

Hiding in plain sight refers to the act of concealing something or someone in a way that is not immediately noticeable, despite being in full view. It can involve blending in with one's surroundings or appearing to be an ordinary or unremarkable part of the environment. This concept is often used in espionage, where operatives may operate openly while concealing their true intentions or activities. In a broader sense, it can also refer to any situation where something is present or happening in a conspicuous manner, yet goes unnoticed by most people.

----------------
December 27th, 2023 at 2:58:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Maybe, maybe not. One thing I can say is that when it goes it will be with relative speed. Same as the USSR went from on the march to gone in just a decade. A USD collapse will probably start with more and more oil being traded outside the USD system. It will end with the USA not able to pay for the imports of all kinds of goods it needs.
The President is a fink.
December 27th, 2023 at 5:56:57 AM permalink
DRich
Maybe, maybe not. One thing I can say is that when it goes it will be with relative speed. Same as the USSR went from on the march to gone in just a decade. A USD collapse will probably start with more and more oil being traded outside the USD system. It will end with the USA not able to pay for the imports of all kinds of goods it needs.

I can't really think of any goods that we "need" from other countries. There are plenty that we want.
December 27th, 2023 at 8:00:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I can't really think of any goods that we "need" from other countries. There are plenty that we want.

Oil for one. Lots of foodstuffs that keep our daily meals above just the basics. Plenty of computer parts.

Depends on what you call "need." Our economy would collapse if we had to pay cash and carry similar to Cuba.
The President is a fink.
December 27th, 2023 at 10:26:53 AM permalink
DRich
Oil for one. Lots of foodstuffs that keep our daily meals above just the basics. Plenty of computer parts.

Depends on what you call "need." Our economy would collapse if we had to pay cash and carry similar to Cuba.

We have plenty of oil, plenty of food, and computer parts are just wants. I look at it as if we didn't need it 100 years ago we don't need it now. Need is survival, wants are for comfort.
December 27th, 2023 at 11:13:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
We have plenty of oil, plenty of food, and computer parts are just wants. I look at it as if we didn't need it 100 years ago we don't need it now. Need is survival, wants are for comfort.[/q

You would not survive without computers. Not as you know it.

You have some kinds of food, but seasonal food would disappear. No more citrus in winter for example.

You would not like such a life.
The President is a fink.