In the News II

March 7th, 2024 at 7:45:22 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
"A series of recent, high-profile crimes in the New York City subway system prompted Gov. Kathy Hochul on Wednesday to send National Guard members into the sprawling underground network.

Hochul is ordering a force of nearly 1,000 people, comprising 750 National Guard members, state police and transit officers, to conduct bag checks at some of the busiest stations."

With catch and release will it make any difference? The next news about it will be it was cancelled because the officers were 'profiling'.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 7th, 2024 at 7:57:53 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
"A series of recent, high-profile crimes in the New York City subway system prompted Gov. Kathy Hochul on Wednesday to send National Guard members into the sprawling underground network.

Hochul is ordering a force of nearly 1,000 people, comprising 750 National Guard members, state police and transit officers, to conduct bag checks at some of the busiest stations."

With catch and release will it make any difference? The next news about it will be it was cancelled because the officers were 'profiling'.

The only person here who should care about crimes in NYC subways is Tanko, cause doesn’t he live there?

Don’t know why you obsess over it in the boonies of Canada.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 7th, 2024 at 8:13:03 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Folks don't feel safe in NYC I suppose.

I wonder why not?

You know, there's a downside to becoming a sanctuary city.

All goes good until the free money runs out.
March 7th, 2024 at 10:33:56 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Riverjordan
A Driver who rented a car from Getaround was the VICTIM in a car crash and SHE got a ticket even though the driver who hit her fully admitted fault.🤨😵‍💫😳😱 You might be wondering,"Wait. She's the VICTIM and the other driver fully admitted fault, so why did SHE get a ticket? 🤨😵‍💫😱😳

It turns out, Getaround rented her a car that had expired tags! 😱😳😵‍💫🤨 That was only known to her after she was the victim in a car crash! She did her own investigation and Getaround wanted to charge her a $125 investigation fee when she once again did her own investigation, and they tried to exhort for an extra roughly $1,000! 😱😳😵‍💫🤨 Once again, she's the VICTIM in the car crash, not the one at fault!

She contacted the news and the news questioned Getaround and Getaround "soon," saw the light," and apologized that the VICTIM was treated so unfairly and took "Action," and waived the "$125 investigation fee," and dropped the roughly $1,000 they wanted her to pay. Funny how they saw the light after she went to the news and they got questioned by the news. 😒🙄 None of this should have happened to the VICTIM in a car crash in the first place! 🙄😒

March 7th, 2024 at 10:39:24 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Jennifer Lynn Rossi, 45, reportedly mixed lemon juice, vinegar, salt and Gatorade together in a sports bottle on Tuesday and told her son to give it to a classmate who had stolen his drink the day before at Legacy Traditional School - Alamo Ranch, approximately 20 miles northwest of downtown San Antonio, Texas, according to an arrest warrant affidavit obtained by ABC News’ San Antonio affiliate KSAT.

Shoot I just put a dead cockroach under the meat for someone stealing my sandwich. Why would you actually give something to the thief? They’re suppose to steal it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 7th, 2024 at 11:03:33 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: rxwine
Shoot I just put a dead cockroach under the meat for someone stealing my sandwich. Why would you actually give something to the thief? They’re suppose to steal it.

What crime are they accusing her of committing?
March 7th, 2024 at 11:12:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
What crime are they accusing her of committing?

Not sure, but if you give something to intentionally make someone sick, I suppose that is assault possibly.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 7th, 2024 at 12:17:13 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11

A bit Harsh there, AMS $:o)

I'm going to get a 5 year old to poke me in both eyes to help me unsee all these anecdotes.

March 7th, 2024 at 3:43:06 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
It's funny but not funny.

------------------------------

"So the State of the Union speech gives Biden a needed chance to prove that he can complete an English sentence."

-- Dick Morris

-------------------------------
March 7th, 2024 at 4:14:14 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Our resident hater wishing someone else he doesn't like was dead. Probably a warning sign that he will start taking action to hurry up the process. Glad I am safely in the boondocks of Canada.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin