In the News II

March 11th, 2024 at 7:32:21 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
If it's too cold
Don't go
If you go, that's on you
No way I'm attending an event to view humans inflicting so much bodily harm, they injure their brain.
A brain is a terrible thing to waste
To waste a brain to participate in a contact sport is inconceivable to me
CTE is a lifetime affliction with no cure
And
It's completely preventable

You don’t have to participate then. I play basketball and am aware the athletes I play with are bigger/stronger/faster than I am. And I’m certainly at risk for a serious injury. I’ve lost count of the number of elbows to the head, bad falls, etc…. Worst I’ve had are broken fingers so I’ve been pretty lucky. But I enjoy everything about playing and I’m willing to take the risks. And I’m not being paid millions.

Agree that the team should have ZERO liability in this case.
March 12th, 2024 at 5:30:02 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
This is FBI Director Wray, in January warning Congress he has never seen so many elevated threats at the same time.

This is him two days ago, again warning Congress, of ‘very dangerous threats’ at the border, smuggling network with 'ISIS ties'
March 12th, 2024 at 7:56:36 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO

I agree...but I wonder what the Courts will do if cases are presented.
March 12th, 2024 at 8:01:21 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
You don’t have to participate then. I play basketball and am aware the athletes I play with are bigger/stronger/faster than I am. And I’m certainly at risk for a serious injury. I’ve lost count of the number of elbows to the head, bad falls, etc…. Worst I’ve had are broken fingers so I’ve been pretty lucky. But I enjoy everything about playing and I’m willing to take the risks. And I’m not being paid millions.

Basketball is not a CTE sport
Fingers heal
Brains with CTE damage is permanent
The greatest players in the sport are suffering
And their families suffer as well
The brain is a terrible thing to waste
Very well written and compelling story below

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/12/08/heisman-winners-cte/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 12th, 2024 at 12:51:29 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: Tanko
This is FBI Director Wray, in January warning Congress he has never seen so many elevated threats at the same time.

This is him two days ago, again warning Congress, of ‘very dangerous threats’ at the border, smuggling network with 'ISIS ties'

C'mon man, there is no reason to have any concern about the border.

Seriously, though, why doesn't the border crisis at least bother people based on the real dangers that it allows to grow?
March 12th, 2024 at 2:16:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
If the majority of the border crossers were the typical criminal, mostly we’d have to worry about them breaking in and doing chores. You choose to focus on the extremes is all. Americans are more dangerous on average than these “lawbreakers.”
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 12th, 2024 at 3:41:27 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
If the majority of the border crossers were the typical criminal, mostly we’d have to worry about them breaking in and doing chores. You choose to focus on the extremes is all. Americans are more dangerous on average than these “lawbreakers.”

That is what I find interesting about the "take" of liberals. It isn't like we don't already have enough home brewed crime. We really don't need more.
March 12th, 2024 at 6:19:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Amid the South by Southwest (SXSW) festival, Texas Governor Greg Abbott told musicians on Tuesday who are pulling out of the festival over the U.S. Army's sponsorship of the event, "Don't come back" to the state.

They seem to be pulling out because the Army is supplying weapons to Israel. If they were just protesting the Army in general as a war machine, that would make more sense, because I'm pretty sure the Army doesn't really decide if Israel gets weapons or not. That would be Biden. I'm not even sure if our military is even needed for intelligence there. Israel is pretty capable. I think we're only doing humanitarian airdrops as far as active engagement.

Although I happen to believe if our forces were doing this, despite what Israel seems to say is necessary, we would not be leveling so many buildings and infrastructure as they are. The place looks like it was hit by an atomic bomb minus the radiation.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 13th, 2024 at 11:14:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
A Florida man 52, went to the hospital complaining that his migraines were now occurring weekly, and an CT scan showed a mass that doctors initially thought were “congenital neuroglial cysts" according to a report published in the American Journal of Case Reports.

The patient was admitted to the hospital, where an MRI and other tests confirmed these masses weren’t cysts, but were the larvae of tapeworms.

He admitted to eating undercooked bacon which they think was the source.
March 13th, 2024 at 2:00:52 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
He admitted to eating undercooked bacon which they think was the source.

He could have used some Ivermectin. You can get it at the local feed store.