In the News II

March 20th, 2024 at 5:04:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
...or in Bill Cosby's case, most of your victims have muddled memories from being drugged and not sure what if anything happened, until there is realization that many experienced the same drugging.

Or maybe that was a conspiracy of 20+ women going after a rich guy?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 20th, 2024 at 5:26:51 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Except, there's all kinds of circumstances that might be exceptions. Does a 16 year old female know enough after being manipulated by trusted adult in an authority position? One might hesitate to accuse a police officer if its just one on one with no witnesses. Or a boss might get away with something where someone worked very hard to get such a position in the first place. Then there's just, someone in some place, someone never got the right name, couldn't find them, until they became famous and recognized them in the news.

So why not 20 years after it happened? 15? 25? 10?

If it is a case of just figuring out whodunit (supposedly, the "me, too" thing led to people getting convicted in the media and losing jobs, opportunities, etc. without court action without proof being provided), he was running for office more than a year ago. He's been a public figure for a bit now.

I'm gonna go with her knowing who he was at least a couple of years ago and now she is motivated because she doesn't like his politics and/or there is money to be had. Maybe that Trump rape thing helped her decided to file now...

Does it mean it didn't happen? The only two people that know are her and Adams.

I reserve the right to change my position a bit if more accusers come forward...but I still people need to report stuff as soon as it happens or as soon as they figure it out after that. That is good for everyone in case someone is a Cosby....
March 20th, 2024 at 5:28:40 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I suppose RXwine is against statutes of limitation too

yeah I know in this matter such doesn't apply, just saying
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 20th, 2024 at 5:39:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC

I'm gonna go with her knowing who he was at least a couple of years ago and now she is motivated because she doesn't like his politics and/or there is money to be had.

Or, maybe she finally told someone who talked her into to doing something about it.

I don't know what the explanation is, but there's more than one or two possibilities.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 20th, 2024 at 5:43:45 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
I suppose RXwine is against statutes of limitation too

yeah I know in this matter such doesn't apply, just saying

Well, if I didn't think it's a serious crime, then I suppose I could argue for statute of limitations. I wouldn't argue that though. But I also don't know the extent of the charge, and possibly other factors that are important to know.
March 20th, 2024 at 5:53:36 AM permalink
rxwine
It's possible to look as two people committing the same serious crime and come to different verdicts based on circumstances. It there is evidence, say a younger brother was heavily pressured by his older brother and his older friends to commit the same serious crime, I want to factor that in, in a sentencing.
March 20th, 2024 at 5:33:19 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Angela Chao, McConnell’s sister in law, backed into a pond and drowned. Her BAL was over .24. More than triple most limits to qualify for a DWI. People are posting all nice things about her. Anyone who would drive that drunk was a menace to society. THAT’S what the story should be. And her ‘friends’ who were with her when she was drinking and watched her walk to the car. (Unless she was drinking alone..)
March 20th, 2024 at 5:44:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
Angela Chao, McConnell’s sister in law, backed into a pond and drowned. Her BAL was over .24. More than triple most limits to qualify for a DWI. People are posting all nice things about her. Anyone who would drive that drunk was a menace to society. THAT’S what the story should be. And her ‘friends’ who were with her when she was drinking and watched her walk to the car. (Unless she was drinking alone..)

I was at a party where everyone was supposed to stay the night. Nearly everyone was drinking. No one was supposed to leave. What do you think happened anyway? No one is really paying attention, but the guy decided he was going to pick up some cigarettes and got into an accident.
March 20th, 2024 at 5:54:56 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Right wing troll catturd accidentally ran over his dog today and killed it.

Catturd says he’s “crushed”…. imagine how the dog feels!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 21st, 2024 at 5:37:46 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288

Catturd says he’s “crushed”…. imagine how the dog feels!

I would guess he also felt crushed.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.