Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Truth has a liberal bias.

Donny lost.
Vaccines work.
Global warming is real.
Nazis are bad.
Etc.

To be considered “fair” in certain people’s eyes you need to offer morons airtime presenting the other side (the wrong side) of indisputable issues.

I am freaking Nostradamus here today!

The "truth" is the "truth"...the "truth" has no "bias." You can actually do news story that is filled with facts AND not be biased. That used to be the journalistic standard.

I had absolute faith that the one or more members of the left here would somehow try to say that it is just fine that our money is spent on a biased network.

I'm fairly sure you didn't bother to read the actual article describing bias on issues.
April 10th, 2024 at 8:05:00 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
You want quota for hiring?

v

No.

I don't want public funds to support an organization that presents stories biased one way or the other.

Take away the public funding mechanisms (which comes in more than one way from our tax dollars but they tell us it is not all that much) and let them do what they want to do.

The umpire isn't at the game to decide which team wins. He/she is there to call it based on the rules. "Unbiased" reporting does not mean not reporting stories; it means reporting them without a point of view. Opinion columns provide points of view.

I guess you are all for biased reporting so long as the bias is for your team.
April 10th, 2024 at 8:22:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC

I guess you are all for biased reporting so long as the bias is for your team.

Do you remember paper newspapers?

Do you remember the letters from readers sections?

Ever remember reading letters complaining that the same story was biased from completely opposite sides? I used to enjoy them. The people that ran the paper probably did to.

I saw it all the time. I actually think it's probably more likely bias is accused from stories trying to cut right down the middle.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 10th, 2024 at 8:55:03 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I'm fairly sure you didn't bother to read the actual article describing bias on issues.

Correct. Don’t care what right wingers think is biased. Their opinions mean less than nothing to me.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 10th, 2024 at 8:57:50 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Correct. Don’t care what right wingers think is biased. Their opinions mean less than nothing to me.

No point in trying to reason with our resident MSM Bubble Boy Ron. Once his brain reaches maturity he might be able to escape his bubble.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 10th, 2024 at 9:03:53 AM permalink
RonC

So the person who wrote the opinion piece stating that there is a bias problem is a "right winger"?

Juan Williams, who agreed with him, is a "right winger"?

Oh, my....
April 10th, 2024 at 9:08:59 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: kenarman
No point in trying to reason with our resident MSM Bubble Boy Ron. Once his brain reaches maturity he might be able to escape his bubble.

There is no reasoning in the comments from the left here this morning.

Just rejecting an opinion piece stating a problem with bias because the bias goes the way you want it to speaks volumes about those who feel that way.
April 10th, 2024 at 9:30:59 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
So the person who wrote the opinion piece stating that there is a bias problem is a "right winger"?

Juan Williams, who agreed with him, is a "right winger"?

Oh, my....

Juan Williams was (is?) on a Fox News, that’s all I know/care to know about him.

If an article is about left wing bias in media, there’s an amazingly high chance it was written by 1) an idiot 2) a right-winger.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 10th, 2024 at 10:18:26 AM permalink
RonC
Juan Williams was (is?) on a Fox News, that’s all I know/care to know about him.

If an article is about left wing bias in media, there’s an amazingly high chance it was written by 1) an idiot 2) a right-winger.

Interesting.
April 10th, 2024 at 10:32:49 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
At the end of Ron's article.

Quote:
This is an opinion piece. The views expressed in this article are those of just the author.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?