In the News II

April 10th, 2024 at 10:44:45 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Speaking of opinions.

Jesse Waters is the Joy Behar of The Five
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 10th, 2024 at 12:47:02 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
At the end of Ron's article.

Quote: This is an opinion piece. The views expressed in this article are those of just the author.

Yes, an opinion piece from someone within the organization for some 25 years that decided to share his opinion that the bias grew during the Trump administration.

I quoted the person. Pretty obvious it was an opinion piece.

Changes nothing.
April 10th, 2024 at 1:25:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC
Yes, an opinion piece from someone within the organization for some 25 years that decided to share his opinion that the bias grew during the Trump administration.

I quoted the person. Pretty obvious it was an opinion piece.

Changes nothing.

I agree with that last statement. Media bias has been occurring since the 17rh century* Fox News advertised “Fair and balanced” and just added more bias to the mix.

*probably longer
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 12th, 2024 at 4:48:41 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
More evidence NPR is doing great work:

I love how all righties seem to get regular marching orders from their right-wing media bubble over what to be outraged over that day.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 12th, 2024 at 4:49:57 AM permalink
RonC
I agree with that last statement. Media bias has been occurring since the 17rh century* Fox News advertised “Fair and balanced” and just added more bias to the mix.

*probably longer

The point is that this particular biased outlet is subsidized by out government. Our tax money.

That is what makes it different and why it should not purposefully show a bias.

Take away the government funds, let them survive on their own like other outlets, and they can say what they want.

They actually should be the closest outlet to actually just calling balls and strikes.
April 12th, 2024 at 4:52:19 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
More evidence NPR is doing great work:

I love how all righties seem to get regular marching orders from their right-wing media bubble over what to be outraged over that day.

For the record, not that you care or would even bother to acknowledge it, I was complaining here about this as soon as I heard about the story.

More evidence that NPR funding should cease and they should do whatever they want...we all know the bias is there, it gets brought up from time to time, but it is time to get the government out of the biased new business.
April 12th, 2024 at 6:38:28 AM permalink
rxwine
When did the rightwing ever care about government supported media? AFAICT, they've only complained about it if they're not talking about killing it. You get exactly what you deserve for that view.

You've had the exact same opportunity to enact change or keep things in check. You have masses of people, political power, and wealthy people. No different from the left.
April 12th, 2024 at 6:40:33 AM permalink
rxwine
It's already obvious my claim is true, as there is no call to do anything but kill it. But that's all I've ever heard.
April 12th, 2024 at 3:07:28 PM permalink
RonC
It's already obvious my claim is true, as there is no call to do anything but kill it. But that's all I've ever heard.

The calls to kill it, or more factually to defund it, have been around for a while. Let it survive without government support.
April 12th, 2024 at 4:26:05 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC
The calls to kill it, or more factually to defund it, have been around for a while. Let it survive without government support.

Bad idea.

NPR can cover topics of public concern that would not turn a profit, that the-for-profit companies won't bother with because it isn't sensational enough, or too boring to keep ratings up.

Same reason to have government funded universities. What company is going to research ideas and solutions that might lead to cures for a rare disease or discoveries that don't immediately have a bigger profit motive?