In the News II

April 13th, 2024 at 4:54:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Then it should be cut off. Why not? Ends the debate about funding biased programs.

That's a different question. Why would I vote to have it gone? If Trump, hates it, fine with me.

I'm sure I support plenty of federal funding you'd vote against.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 13th, 2024 at 5:33:41 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Then it should be cut off. Why not? Ends the debate about funding biased programs.

Is it a debate, or is it just one sided being whiny little bit**es?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 13th, 2024 at 6:32:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
That's a different question. Why would I vote to have it gone? If Trump, hates it, fine with me.

I'm sure I support plenty of federal funding you'd vote against.

I get that your life revolves around Trump but what does that have to do with it? A vote to kill its funding is a vote to kill funding for something no longer needed.
The President is a fink.
April 13th, 2024 at 7:02:32 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Trump is the reason for everything evil in the world.

I am the worst victim.

Me, me, me.
April 13th, 2024 at 7:04:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DoubleGold
Trump is the reason for everything evil in the world.

Like what and how? You keep saying he is not intelligent enough to do anything don’t you?
The President is a fink.
April 13th, 2024 at 7:05:24 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Like what and how? You keep saying he is not intelligent enough to do anything don’t you?

I was being sarcastic.

He's very intelligent.
April 13th, 2024 at 7:51:57 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Gandler
4% from "Governments of all Levels" is pretty vague. That can mean exclusively all local govs stations. They certainly get some tax breaks for being a non-profit, and probably some random grants, so in a roundabout way they probably receive federal funds. But, saying they are Federally funded is highly misleading (actually it is straight false.)

If you actually bothered doing research instead of presenting your bias you would know this. The NPR once received the Federal money directly. They were terribly managed and overspent for many years. During this time the government bailed them out several times. When they still struggled the Feds changed their funding system. The Feds then started giving the bulk of the funds to the local stations and allowed the NPR to charge the local stations for content, bottom line the Federal funds were still mostly ending up in the hand of the NPR.

Currently the NPR is much better managed and is financially fine, it would be a good time to cut the cord.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 13th, 2024 at 9:23:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DoubleGold
I was being sarcastic.

He's very intelligent.

What I get for answering on the fly.
The President is a fink.
April 13th, 2024 at 10:26:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I get that your life revolves around Trump but what does that have to do with it? A vote to kill its funding is a vote to kill funding for something no longer needed.

Trump wants to defund it. Not me. I don’t know that it isn’t needed. Just that Trump doesn’t like it being funded.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 13th, 2024 at 10:37:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Trump wants to defund it. Not me. I don’t know that it isn’t needed. Just that Trump doesn’t like it being funded.

Good for Trump. He sees funding it no longer needed. I just dont get why you bring him up all the time.
The President is a fink.