In the News II

May 9th, 2023 at 8:59:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DoubleGold
My favorite pic was Biden and Senator Byrd holding hands in celebration.

But my favorite quote has to be from Hillary saying Byrd was his mentor.

It's like Bill Clinton riding the Lolita Express to pedo island and then saying he didn't have sex with that woman.

Well, did you originally vote for the guy who said he grabs women’s genitals? He just recently confirmed it in his deposition in the civil trial but he already said it in a widely publizized tape.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 9th, 2023 at 9:05:30 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Interesting how the first blacks became Republicans.

I wonder why that happened?

Could it be the Democrats were in favor of slavery and good old Republican Abe freed them?

--------------------------------

All of the First Blacks in Congress Were Republicans
Benjamin Sterling Turner (1825-1894), a slave, became a successful businessman, then became the first black man to serve in the US House of Representatives from the state of Alabama. He served in the 42nd Congress (1871-1873). Turner’s work in the House of Representatives included efforts to restore the rights of former Confederates. He also sought repeal of a tax on cotton, arguing that it was an especially heavy burden on black Americans. After serving in Congress Turner pulled away from political activity for a time, but in 1880 he participated in the Alabama Labor Union Convention and was a delegate to his party’s political convention in Chicago. He returned to his work in business afterward, but a tough economy ended those efforts. Turner then tried farming but died a poor man on March 21, 1894.
https://www.wordfoundations.com/all-of-the-first-blacks-in-congress-were-republicans/

-----------------------------------
May 9th, 2023 at 9:23:44 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Why would a "low number" in a shooting make national news? News is about out of the ordinary things. Would a small fire make the national news? Honestly, I rarely read any story about any kind of shooting. Just not of interest to me.

I agree. These shooters are going to need to go for, at least, double digit deaths if they even want to stick around in the memories of others. At the end of the year, if I'm asked to recap mass shootings, it will be, "...there was that one in Texas...there was also that other one in Texas, wasn't that at a mall, or something...there were those Christians in Tennessee, few kids died in that one too..."

The good news is we won't have to hear about mass shootings much longer; pretty soon, they'll be too commonplace to even be worth reporting.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 9th, 2023 at 9:24:56 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
I support your right to fly the confederate flag over your house instead of the actual US flag. To practice misogyny. To expound on nonsense ideas about what lefty thought is destroying in America. To keep asking me to have sex with a trans woman to prove absolutely nothing useful.

U.S.A., U.S.A.!!!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 9th, 2023 at 9:26:50 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
What stand is that?

Quite simply any male that says trans women are the same as other women but hesitates even a moment when asked if they would go with one same as any other woman is a liar a coward and a hypocrite.

They aren't the same as other women, though. That's why the term, "Trans," comes before the term, "Woman." They'll even tell you that themselves nowadays.

That doesn't change their right to be trans or my right to treat them with a modicum of respect.
May 9th, 2023 at 9:27:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DoubleGold
Interesting how the first blacks became Republicans.

I wonder why that happened?

Could it be the Democrats were in favor of slavery and good old Republican Abe freed them?

--------------------------------

All of the First Blacks in Congress Were Republicans
Benjamin Sterling Turner (1825-1894), a slave, became a successful businessman, then became the first black man to serve in the US House of Representatives from the state of Alabama. He served in the 42nd Congress (1871-1873). Turner’s work in the House of Representatives included efforts to restore the rights of former Confederates. He also sought repeal of a tax on cotton, arguing that it was an especially heavy burden on black Americans. After serving in Congress Turner pulled away from political activity for a time, but in 1880 he participated in the Alabama Labor Union Convention and was a delegate to his party’s political convention in Chicago. He returned to his work in business afterward, but a tough economy ended those efforts. Turner then tried farming but died a poor man on March 21, 1894.
https://www.wordfoundations.com/all-of-the-first-blacks-in-congress-were-republicans/

-----------------------------------

The initial Republican Party after the Whigs, didn’t come out and oppose slavery, they only opposed the spread of it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 9th, 2023 at 9:28:53 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
Too bad I never said they were the same. You like picking on the least politically supported group for no other reason than you can. That's the definition of cowardice.

Strength in numbers and ostracizing those who will not comply has been the M.O. of religion for...how long has religion existed?
May 9th, 2023 at 9:30:59 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
So now you admit they are not the same? That means you should not support them in women’s sports or restrooms.

They have the same rights as anyone else just no special rights.

Funny how you had supported the line they were the same now change your mind.

How are organized sports and restrooms even the same question? Those are two different things. If I think smoking marijuana should be legal for adults, that doesn't mean I think it should be legal for those adults to shotgun the marijuana smoke into the nostrils of infants.
May 9th, 2023 at 9:33:58 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Mission146
Strength in numbers and ostracizing those who will not comply has been the M.O. of religion for...how long has religion existed?

I’m fine with the idea that trans causes some issues that still need to be resolved with other people’s rights. But they are hardly a major threatening force. If all the influence of ideas was changing things, the gay and lesbian population would constantly be influenced to convert to straight just be being around such strong influnence. Because straight influence in the culture is way more prominent.
May 9th, 2023 at 9:34:37 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Problem is the lefties will not call out mental health problems. They say doing it is “mean spirited.” Easier for them to blame the guns.

There are many lefties who call out the delusion that is religious belief all the time. I'm perfectly happy to be mean-spirited, thank you.

Of course, I'm only left on social issues.