“Even Fox News can’t spin Trump verdict”

https://vimeo.com/825228369?share=copy
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 9th, 2023 at 2:44:37 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Busy news day!

Quote:
Federal prosecutors have filed criminal charges against Congressman George Santos.

Santos is expected to appear in federal court tomorrow.

The charges remain under seal.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/09/politics/george-santos-charged-justice-department
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 9th, 2023 at 3:29:22 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

Republican ethics are totally bankrupt
They should have demanded this con artist criminal resign but instead counted on his vote
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 9th, 2023 at 3:46:03 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Republican ethics are totally bankrupt
They should have demanded this con artist criminal resign but instead counted on his vote

I hope he gets a life sentence. What do you mean ‘demanded’? Are you aware that no matter how disgusting the manner in which he was elected, he was elected. Trust me, there are enough on both sides that I want the other normal ones to ‘demand’ they resign.

I think there are a half dozen or so posters that I will be demanding resign from DT. But what gives me the right to demand anything? What gives a congressperson the right to ‘demand’ that Santos resign?
May 9th, 2023 at 5:09:41 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
I hope he gets a life sentence. What do you mean ‘demanded’? Are you aware that no matter how disgusting the manner in which he was elected, he was elected. Trust me, there are enough on both sides that I want the other normal ones to ‘demand’ they resign.

I think there are a half dozen or so posters that I will be demanding resign from DT. But what gives me the right to demand anything? What gives a congressperson the right to ‘demand’ that Santos resign?

You always have a right to demand that a criminal resign
Dems did it on their side with AL Franken
Franken was no criminal but did grope
He did far less then Santos who is an obvious criminal that Republicans turned a blind eye to
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 10th, 2023 at 6:19:49 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
You always have a right to demand that a criminal resign
Dems did it on their side with AL Franken
Franken was no criminal but did grope
He did far less then Santos who is an obvious criminal that Republicans turned a blind eye to

Groping a woman without her permission is not a crime? Gotcha…. Are you Trump’s lawyer?

But seriously…. I think the word ‘demand’ implies that the ‘demander’ has some power/authority to make that demand. The other Congressmen are NOT the ones who get to decide who the people elected. It’s up to the judiciary/criminal justice system to take down Santos.
I’ll agree with you that since there is no Constitutional right to be appointed to serve on any committees, it was pathetic of McCarthy to appoint him to any.
May 10th, 2023 at 6:27:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
More a meme than news, but if these numbers are right it is a great thing!

]
The President is a fink.
May 10th, 2023 at 6:28:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Santos got a few legal problems this morning.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 10th, 2023 at 10:22:02 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
This banker scam assures a supply of labor so the private firm the IRS has revenue to cover politician pork spending.

Intentionally reduce buying power so folks have to work.

Oldest scam in the book so ignore whatever they say.

--------------------------

Consumer Price Index for all Urban Consumers

https://imgur.com/hljfVKJ

--------------------------
May 10th, 2023 at 10:42:44 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
The good side is they did their job of fooling the folks that acted in what she said.

That's what they're supposed to do.

Like if she says banks are safe, don't believe her.

----------------------------

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen finally admits she was ‘wrong’ about inflation

June 1, 2022

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen finally admitted that she was “wrong” last year when she initially dismissed rampant inflation across the US as a “transitory” problem that would soon resolve itself.

Both Yellen and Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell repeated on several occasions last year that rising inflation was “transitory” in nature and that prices would return to normal as pandemic-related supply chain bottlenecks cleared — a prediction that has turned out to be woefully off the mark.
https://nypost.com/2022/06/01/janet-yellen-admits-she-was-wrong-about-inflation/

----------------------------