In the News II

June 21st, 2023 at 3:18:45 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: odiousgambit
https://dailycaller.com/2023/06/21/celebrity-chef-john-mountain-fyre-bans-vegans-restaurant/

I've haven't read about someone associate mental health with being a vegetarian before.

He likely needs to make amends to the customer, unless it's true.

If the customer was disrespectful to him, that'd be good enough to get the boot.

But he should have quit while he was ahead.
June 21st, 2023 at 3:43:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
That's what I'm saying! I can't even understand why we are trying to save them. These people paid $250,000 apiece to do something dangerous, and, I would argue, stupid on its face.

If this private company does not have the resources and manpower to fund its own attempted rescues, then the people on board should die.

Well, I at least hope they aren't ones who complain about welfare people living off the public teat? If you do something where you aren't covering for cost of worst case scenario and just counting on taxpayers to take up the slack, you aren't any better.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 22nd, 2023 at 2:05:47 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
It seems like an awfully strange irony

you go on an adventure to be entertained by what's left of a terrible disaster - and then you yourself become part of a terrible disaster

it's freaky

the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
June 22nd, 2023 at 3:36:18 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
headlines say, still hearing 'sounds' and holding out hope for sub, maybe more oxygen that first thought ... I am not reading anything but the headlines as this all seems like it could turn out to be speculation and misinformation

I hope they are dealing with the CO2 build up... that can get you while there is still oxygen
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 22nd, 2023 at 3:50:48 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
Haters gonna hate!

But who is hating here?

????????
What hate?
If you believe social media can convince kids to be trans, why can't social media convince people to spend 250k on a submersible
Makes sense using your logic
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 22nd, 2023 at 5:03:43 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
A conservative journalist addresses Joe's quote below and shows how the argument is twisted:

-----------------------

Noted Constitutional Scholar Joe Biden Explains The Second Amendment

JUNE 22, 2023
And so, we have to change — there’s a lot of things we can change, because the American people by and large agree you don’t need a weapon of war. I’m a Second Amendment guy. I taught it for four years, six years in law school. And guess what? It doesn’t say that you can own any weapon you want. It says there are certain weapons that you just can’t own. Even during when it was passed, you couldn’t own a cannon. You can’t own a machine gun. (Laughter.) No, I’m serious.

So what’s the deal with the idea that it’s an absolute — you know, I love these guys who say the Second Amendment is — you know, the tree of liberty is water with the blood of patriots. Well, if want to do that, you want to work against the government, you need an F-16. You need something else than just an AR-15. Anyway.
https://thefederalist.com/2023/06/22/noted-constitutional-scholar-joe-biden-explains-the-second-amendment/

------------------------
June 22nd, 2023 at 7:37:07 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: PotPie
It seems like an awfully strange irony

you go on an adventure to be entertained by what's left of a terrible disaster - and then you yourself become part of a terrible disaster

it's freaky

Terrible disaster?

Easily foreseeable possibility?

You be the judge.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 22nd, 2023 at 7:47:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Terrible disaster?

You be the judge.

I heard the original hull was supposed to have 7 inches of carbon fiber and came back only with 5 inches and they let it go with that. Not the kind of confidence inspiring decisions. I guess that's where you use the words "innovative design" to your prospective customer base.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 22nd, 2023 at 8:04:33 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Terrible disaster?

You be the judge.

Definitely not the first. It’s only like five people, big f’ing deal, bigger disasters every single day. Agitated by the amount of “news” coverage dedicated to it.
June 22nd, 2023 at 8:04:38 AM permalink
rxwine
It doesn't matter if the sub is on the surface at this point. They can't open it from the inside.