In the News II

June 22nd, 2023 at 5:16:36 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Interesting to find out there’s so many deep sea submarine safety design experts out in the population. Holiday Inn Express must have had good business this week.
June 22nd, 2023 at 6:05:09 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Okay, the story is over. It ended exactly the way we knew it would. Time to move on.

Whatever happened to that Malaysian airplane?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 22nd, 2023 at 6:23:42 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.newser.com/story/336828/fed-chair-yes-im-a-deadhead.html
Fed Chair: 'What Can I Say?' I'm a Deadhead
At House hearing, Jerome Powell raves about recent Dead & Company show

The leader of the U.S. Federal Reserve, the most important central bank in the world, is a Deadhead
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 22nd, 2023 at 6:38:36 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: terapined
https://www.newser.com/story/336828/fed-chair-yes-im-a-deadhead.html
Fed Chair: 'What Can I Say?' I'm a Deadhead
At House hearing, Jerome Powell raves about recent Dead & Company show

The leader of the U.S. Federal Reserve, the most important central bank in the world, is a Deadhead

That might explain the delayed reaction times.
June 23rd, 2023 at 6:44:19 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
Re the Sub -

The really sad thing is the families don't get to have a traditional funeral to mourn their loved ones

I guess they can still have some kind of service - but it's not the same

the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
June 23rd, 2023 at 7:43:50 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: PotPie
Re the Sub -

The really sad thing is the families don't get to have a traditional funeral to mourn their loved ones

I guess they can still have some kind of service - but it's not the same

The families at the non-traditional funerals:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 23rd, 2023 at 7:55:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
It seems that the US Navy heard and was aware of the implosion but said nothing.

They have an array of secret devices to detect submarines, and that is what detected it.

Why did they let the family suffer and sent the world on a friggin' wild goose chase?

They should have made it known immediately.

https://news.yahoo.com/navy-first-detected-titan-subs-221226319.html

As was said above, keeping top-secret stuff secret is far more important than the family "suffering." It is sort of like in the 80s when the FBI could not use the best stuff because the CIA told them spying on the USSR was more important than the mafia as if their stuff was used for that it could be examined in open court.
The President is a fink.
June 23rd, 2023 at 8:12:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
As was said above, keeping top-secret stuff secret is far more important than the family "suffering." It is sort of like in the 80s when the FBI could not use the best stuff because the CIA told them spying on the USSR was more important than the mafia as if their stuff was used for that it could be examined in open court.

I sometimes wonder if out intelligence services use military assets at times for criminal cases.. Like with those two guys, teen and man where the teen was firing through a hole in the trunk of a car to kill people. At the time satellite capability might have been able to pinpoint likely commonalities like the same car in the area. If they can really read license plates from space shouldn't be too hard. I don't know what exactly conditions they can see through. Light clouds, semi-darkness?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 23rd, 2023 at 8:24:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Alec Baldwin may be less worried about being recharged.

Quote:
The special prosecution overseeing the 2021 fatal shooting at the western movie set "Rust" has filed a new charge against the film's armorer.

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed has been charged with involuntary manslaughter along with tampering with evidence. The special prosecutors on the case are Kari Morrissey and Jason Lewis.

The tampering of evidence charge claims Gutierrez-Reed gave drugs to another person so she wouldn't be caught with them on set.

https://www.koat.com/article/rust-armorer-charged-tampering-drug-transfer/44306265#
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 23rd, 2023 at 8:25:21 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Nicaragua and Pappy Bush loaded coke into the USA using military equipment.

No other way to finance black budgets unless it's off the books.

One book for thee and one book for me.