Sex Change Impossibility Theory

Page 1 of 91234>Last »
March 30th, 2023 at 2:31:44 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
The human body and all naturally living organisms, each operate as a whole unit, so that each can survive and reproduce.

We can see this in transgender youth as their attempted suicide rate is elevated over the mean.

---------------------------

Sex Reassignment Doesn’t Work. Here Is the Evidence.

Mar 9, 2018
Sex Change Is Physically Impossible
https://www.heritage.org/gender/commentary/sex-reassignment-doesnt-work-here-the-evidence

--------------------------

Paul McHugh, MD, is University Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Medical School and the former psychiatrist in chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Transgenderism: A Pathogenic Meme

JUNE 10, 2015

The idea that one’s sex is a feeling, not a fact, has permeated our culture and is leaving casualties in its wake. Gender dysphoria should be treated with psychotherapy, not surgery.
https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2015/06/15145/
March 30th, 2023 at 4:41:35 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: first link
Transgendered men do not become women, nor do transgendered women become men. All (including Bruce Jenner) become feminized men or masculinized women, counterfeits or impersonators of the sex with which they ‘identify.’ In that lies their problematic future.
In particular I find the female-to-male-transitioned to be ridiculously short of what is a real man ... in the very few cases I might be acquainted with such. Just strike me as a young boy.

Then, in the case of the Nashville maniac, maybe they just pick up the worst traits of the sex and leave wanting the rest?

"distinguished service professor" has to be a new term for professor emeritus, of course this shows that the professors who have to worry about their jobs have to keep their mouths shut
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 30th, 2023 at 5:21:39 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
According to a Washington Post survey: 'Most trans adults say transitioning made them more satisfied with their lives'

Then there's this:

According to a survey of 37,000 LGBTQ people: 'Three In Ten Young Trans People Attempt Suicide'

Findings from the 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey: '51% of them attempted suicide in that year'

'Transgender teens 7.6 times more likely to attempt suicide'

That hasn't stopped perverted and depraved democrat politicians in democrat run cities and and their perverted and depraved teachers unions from going into full groomer mode, looking for fresh meat.

Over $200K being spent on drag queen shows at NYC schools, records show

'Girl straddled by drag queen sparks outrage at North Carolina school'
March 30th, 2023 at 5:34:15 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
This person discusses the necessity of dilating. 'Every day.' 'A couple of hours.'

You start with the purple dilator and work your way up to the orange one.

Most people dilate for the rest of their lives.
March 30th, 2023 at 5:50:20 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit

"distinguished service professor" has to be a new term for professor emeritus, of course this shows that the professors who have to worry about their jobs have to keep their mouths shut

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/politics/2023/01/31/desantis-targets-florida-college-university-diversity-programs-tenure/69858501007/
" making it easier for his mostly hand-picked boards of trustees to hire and fire tenured professors."
Against Desantis? Or just support righty professors and want lefties fired?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 30th, 2023 at 6:06:53 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Tanko

That hasn't stopped perverted and depraved democrat politicians in democrat run cities and and their perverted and depraved teachers unions from going into full groomer mode, looking for fresh meat.
'

There is no full groomer mode
It's about freedom
Different strokes for different folks
That's it
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 30th, 2023 at 6:10:48 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: odiousgambit
In particular I find the female-to-male-transitioned to be ridiculously short of what is a real man ...

Except for this one person, 99.99999999999999999999999999% aren't bothering anybody. If you don't think they are not real men then fine. Just let them be. They aren't hurting you or me. They are just trying to achieve personal happiness.
March 30th, 2023 at 6:58:14 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DoubleGold

The idea that one’s sex is a feeling, not a fact, has permeated our culture and is leaving casualties in its wake. Gender dysphoria should be treated with psychotherapy, not surgery.

Some people are born with gigantic noses. That’s a fact. Some opt for surgery to change that. People are born with the ability to reproduce. Some opt to change that (vasectomy, tubal ligation). Some women are born with small breasts and opt to change that. It’s all because the mind of that person has decided there is something that can be done to mold the body into something the person desires.

Directly analogous to people who want surgery to look like the opposite sex. Of course genetically (chromosome XX or XY) they don’t change their gender. But so what? If it works to improve their life, or even if they think it will improve their life, as a consenting, informed adult they should be allowed to do so.

I agree that if you are not deemed competent by society to have an alcoholic beverage you should not be deemed competent to consent to sex reassignment surgery.
I have mixed feelings on whether state funded medical insurance should pay for these adult surgeries, leaning towards the no.

And remember, many of these people are extremely troubled in many ways. They will have higher rates of depression/suicide than the general population regardless of whether they get the surgery or not.

You say that gender dysphoria should be treated with psychotherapy. Can you link me one source showing the success rate of such? (Not disagreeing that it shouldn’t be tried first…)
March 30th, 2023 at 6:59:32 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
The theory is not about freedom nor happiness, etc.

Those are way down the list of selfishness.

Because without life, there can be no selfishness.

The theory is about preserving life, as opposed to going against nature and increasing the odds of death.

The issue is many do not have a high enough priority of preserving life (valuing life, aka Sacred).

They don't want to submit to nature (atheist?).

So they rebel against nature because they think they're smarter than nature.

Nature determines sex.
March 30th, 2023 at 7:04:54 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Except for this one person, 99.99999999999999999999999999% aren't bothering anybody. If you don't think they are not real men then fine. Just let them be. They aren't hurting you or me. They are just trying to achieve personal happiness.

Correct. The thousands of other killers aren’t categorized as ‘cis gendered male’ goes on rampage. I’d have to think the number of non transsexuals killed by transsexuals is a small fraction of the number of transsexuals killed by us ‘regular’ folks.

Terapined hits the nail on the head with ‘trying to achieve’. No guarantees.
Page 1 of 91234>Last »