Google: People Also Ask

June 27th, 2023 at 1:50:43 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
it just occurred to me that wild alligator might be good eating, while what you get in a restaurant is farm raised? could be the problem

farm raised fish can be good, but seems always to be a crap shoot. They say if you ever see the ponds they raise catfish in, you'll never eat farm-raised again
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 27th, 2023 at 2:01:18 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
That seems reasonable.
June 28th, 2023 at 9:00:57 AM permalink
odiousgambit
amazing that what I've noticed is true about my grill

>>>

why do spiders like propane?

it's not the burgers and dogs that attract them—it's actually the smell of propane and natural gas. Spiders are attracted to the smell of gas, so it's common for them to make their way into the grill burner itself and spin a web that can block the free flow of gas even after the spider has moved on

>>>

Why are spiders attracted to natural gas?

Spiders are attracted by the smell of mercaptan, a compound that energy companies add to gas. Try to keep the pilot light on, as it keeps spiders away
June 28th, 2023 at 9:08:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I know how to collect and capture spiders now.

(suddenly reminded of a video from inside a Trailway's bus, where when they start it up and all these cockroaches come out of the various vents and start dropping onto the passengers. More fun than you can imagine.)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 29th, 2023 at 3:20:21 AM permalink
odiousgambit
a relative broke her fibula, but I kept forgetting which was which, tibia/fibula when talking about it

I prefer the phrase "it's just a little fib", since to put in there "never tell" makes me want to get it backwards.

>>>

how to remember tibia and fibula

Tibia and Fibula Memory Trick
If you get these two bones mixed up, here's a quick memory trick: remember the phrase “never tell a little fib.” The fibula is the smaller of the two bones, so “little fib” will help you remember that it is the small one
__

What are the 5 most common bones to break?

Arm. Half of all the broken bones experienced by adults are in the arm. ...
Foot. It's not surprising that so many bone breaks occur in the foot, since about a quarter of all the bones in your body are found in your feet. ...
Ankle. ...
Collarbone. ...
Wrist.
June 30th, 2023 at 7:58:27 AM permalink
odiousgambit
the responses you get to the question below are on the order of "how to invest well" and often are not good ideas to get rich 'quick'. Mind you, I follow the conservative advice myself, but if i thought I had to get rich quick, often the opposite of the below is what I'd do

for #1, definitely go into debt, but for your business.
#2, you might want to spend intentionally, but not worry about minimizing costs
#3, definitely pick just one thing, not a diverse mix
#4, sure, but it has to be a career that gets you rich quick
#5, OK, definitely, but the type of work with a high potential income

if this seems wrong-minded, it highlights why trying to get rich quick is not a good idea

>>>

how do I get rich quick?

The 5 Fastest Ways To Become Rich, According To Experts

1] Avoid (and Pay Down) Debt. Debt is not necessarily bad in all instances, but it is something to be avoided most of the time. ...
2] Spend Intentionally and Minimize Costs. ...
3] Invest as Much as Possible in a Diversified Portfolio. ...
4] Work On Your Career. ...
5] Find Extra Work.
July 1st, 2023 at 7:57:44 AM permalink
odiousgambit
What is the healthiest form of grits?

Stone Ground: These are the least processed form of grits and have the most fiber. Whole dried corn kernels are coarsely ground, which means all the whole-grain nutrients are maintained, including fiber and B vitamins.
July 4th, 2023 at 11:08:21 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Where is the deadliest snake on earth found?

What is the most venomous snake in the world? Meet the inland ...
The inland or western taipan, Oxyuranus microlepidotus, is the most venomous snake in the world, according to Britannica. Native to Australia, this snake has the deadliest venom based on median lethal dose, or LD50, tests on mice.

__

Is the fer-de-lance the deadliest snake in the world?

Snake (Fer de Lance) - Overview | Young People's Trust For ...
It is the most dangerous snake of Central and South America, and causes more human deaths than any other American reptile. On average, a fer-de-lance injects 105mg of venom in one bite, although a venom yield of up to 310mg has been recorded while milking them. The fatal dose for a human is 50mg.

__

which snake is the two step and dead snake?

During the Vietnam War, American soldiers referred to the many-banded krait as the "two-step snake," in the mistaken belief that its venom was lethal enough to kill within two steps. The many-banded krait gathered worldwide attention after a juvenile individual bit Joe Slowinski on 11 September 2001 in Myanmar.

[or if question worded differently,]

What snake is known as the two step?
Snakes on a chopper: Vietnam vets tell harrowing serpentine ...
The bamboo pit viper was known by American troops in Vietnam as the “two step.” Evan Pickett/Wikimedia. The verdant country is also home to king cobras, various vipers and other snakes—200 species in all, about a quarter of them venomous
July 5th, 2023 at 12:34:54 PM permalink
odiousgambit
will vaping kill you?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have reported more than 150 possible cases of lung illnesses related to vaping and are investigating what people have begun referring to as “vaping lung disease.” Vaping has even been linked to at least one death from severe respiratory illness.

__

Is vape worse than smoking?

5 Vaping Facts You Need to Know | Johns Hopkins Medicine
1: Vaping is less harmful than smoking, but it's still not safe. E-cigarettes heat nicotine (extracted from tobacco), flavorings and other chemicals to create an aerosol that you inhale. Regular tobacco cigarettes contain 7,000 chemicals, many of which are toxic.
July 6th, 2023 at 11:48:07 AM permalink
odiousgambit
I have a new app on my phone that identifies plants by using the camera on the phone. The box elders volunteering in areas I'm no longer mowing were a mystery till now

>>>

why is it called box elder?

Presumably, early American settlers who were familiar with elders back in England saw a similarity in their foliage. And its wood is said to be whitish like that of an Old World evergreen shrub called the common box. Hence, the box elder.