Mass shooting Maine - at least 22 dead

Page 2 of 5<12345>
October 27th, 2023 at 7:54:32 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Sounds like another deranged MAGAt.

He followed and regularly liked Don Jr.’s tweets (gross).

Real problem is that you lefties refuse to deal with the mentally ill properly. Can't lock them up or treat them when they don't want treatment. Just turn them out on the street and they and us have to fend for ourselves.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 27th, 2023 at 8:02:23 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Real problem is that you lefties refuse to deal with the mentally ill properly. Can't lock them up or treat them when they don't want treatment. Just turn them out on the street and they and us have to fend for ourselves.

Yep, blame the lefties for your side’s violent psychopaths.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 27th, 2023 at 8:39:12 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Yep, blame the lefties for your side’s violent psychopaths.

Deflection! Where is the error in my statement? Who let him back on the street?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 27th, 2023 at 8:41:59 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Deflection! Where is the error in my statement? Who let him back on the street?

George Soros?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 27th, 2023 at 9:15:50 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
George Soros?

LOL.

The rightwing complaining about jumping on people for merely saying the wrong thing, but want to lock people up for the same thing when no crime is committed yet.

Maybe we can lock Kenarman up for our own safety. He seems a little unstable at times. We'll have to go extradite him out of Canada.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 27th, 2023 at 9:21:19 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Don't quit your day job........

Good advice. I'd hate to end up in the gutter.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
October 27th, 2023 at 9:21:50 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
When I was growing up, they locked folks up in hospitals and put many on lithium.

Then they switched to the prison system.

Now we lead the world in incarcerations.

We may be going into a new phase and don't put folks in neither place.

Just cut them loose and cross fingers.
October 27th, 2023 at 3:57:12 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

I am pretty sure there is only one side opposing mandatory mental health screenings to buy guns.

And, yes I know there is kind of a (flawed) system in place now, but it only registers involuntary commitments (if there is a legal record), and this is a very extreme scenario. This is not the same as mental screenings for every purchase.

Though it seems like this guy was involuntarily committed, but it was through the Army, so I am honestly not sure if there was not a record of it (or if he obtained his guns prior.)
October 27th, 2023 at 4:29:55 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
I am pretty sure there is only one side opposing mandatory mental health screenings to buy guns.

And, yes I know there is kind of a (flawed) system in place now, but it only registers involuntary commitments (if there is a legal record), and this is a very extreme scenario. This is not the same as mental screenings for every purchase.

Though it seems like this guy was involuntarily committed, but it was through the Army, so I am honestly not sure if there was not a record of it (or if he obtained his guns prior.)

Not only that, the GOP wants to make it EASIER for veterans with mental issues to buy guns.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/senate-adopts-amendment-veterans-mental-issues-guns-1234863402/
October 27th, 2023 at 4:35:14 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: GenoDRPh
Not only that, the GOP wants to make it EASIER for veterans with mental issues to buy guns.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/senate-adopts-amendment-veterans-mental-issues-guns-1234863402/

Utter Insanity (I honestly have not heard of this proposal until just now.) The VA absolutely needs to provide mental health records for gun sales.
Page 2 of 5<12345>