The most secure election in history

Page 6 of 7« First<34567>
January 3rd, 2024 at 5:30:14 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
I am most definitely proving our resident Lefties are beyond belief.

The OP of the thread sums up how so many newspapers etc were claiming that the elections [and all being prior to 2020 fed election (edited)] the Left lost were because the US system is so .................. hmmm, would the expression be 'fraud-friendly'?.... I cited it and said no one, not even Karl Marx himself, could look at that and not feel these media had a lot to answer for considering subsequent events. Naturally, the shoe always gets to the other foot, lo and behold then it's we get a claim that our US elections are squeaky clean.

Then I predicted our resident Lefties would not acknowledge it, but would deflect instead. Then it happens so blatantly that it's as if you were doing it for a joke

Surprise, the media has no such legal obligation. If they have to answer to anyone, they wouldn't be a free press.

They are subject to the same penalties if they defame someone or create an unnecessary panic. (similar to fire in the theater)

The traditional role of the the 4th estate is below. They are not supposed to be a lap dog for any party or government. They have given up that role and thus their credibility. Quotes are from The Political Dictionary

"The press plays a crucial role in providing citizens with access to information about what is happening in government, as well as shining a light on corruption, abuse of power, and other forms of wrongdoing.

In addition to its watchdog function, the Fourth Estate also serves as a platform for diverse voices and perspectives. Through its coverage of political debates, elections, and other public affairs, the press helps to ensure that a wide range of views and opinions are heard and considered in the political process."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 4th, 2024 at 1:40:26 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Here's a quote from #1 in the OP.

"...child's play..."

ROP = "...return-oriented programming attacks..."

“An attacker with access to the administration system that’s used to program the memory cartridges before the election could use ROP to distribute malicious code to all the machines.”

---------------

How to Hack an Election in 7 Minutes

August 05, 2016
But most identified Pennsylvania as the greatest concern. There, according to Verified Voting 47 counties of 67 vote on digital voting machines without a written backup record if something were to go awry—a reality that is very much on the minds of state officials (legislation is working its way through the House to examine the issue of voting modernization.) In Pittsburgh and Philadelphia—two Democratic strongholds whose turnout typically decide the fate of the state’s outcome—around 900,000 voters will cast ballots entirely on paperless touchscreens DREs, if previous elections are any guide. Then, at least from the voters’ perspective, they will disappear into a sea of ones and zeroes.

Montgomery County, a crucial Democratic redoubt in the suburbs of Philadelphia—an area sometimes seen as having the potential to swing the entire state—is one such locality that uses a paperless electronic machine, and only one machine, for all 425 precincts: Appel’s Sequoia AVC Advantage.

“We are very, very confident in our machines,” Val Arkoosh , the vice chair of the Montgomery County Board of Commissioners , tells me. She spoke with the staccato fervency and granular detail of someone who is thinking about this issue, and has been asked before. Yet when I asked her about Appel’s hack and the Princeton group, next door across the Delaware River, she appeared not to have heard of it. She assured me their system is secure: “We program each of our machines individually—they’re never connected to the Internet,” and an internal hard drive “creates a permanent record each time that a vote is cast.” At the end of the day, Arkoosh said, “the vote is transcribed on a thermal tape, the machines are closed to lock, the information is transferred to a standalone server that tallies the results.” She describes the officials guarding the polling place, and adds for emphasis: “It would be extraordinarily difficult for someone to do something like that during the course of Election Day.”

I asked Halderman to red-team Arkoosh’s answer. “It’s positive that they have procedures in place to cross-check that the counts produced by each machine match the tabulated results,” Halderman wrote to me in an email. “However, none of that provides any defense against the kinds of attacks Andrew Appel wrote about, or the return-oriented programming attacks.” He added, “An attacker with access to the administration system that’s used to program the memory cartridges before the election could use ROP to distribute malicious code to all the machines.”
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/2016-elections-russia-hack-how-to-hack-an-election-in-seven-minutes-214144/

---------------
January 4th, 2024 at 2:32:08 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Surprise, the media has no such legal obligation. If they have to answer to anyone, they wouldn't be a free press.

They are subject to the same penalties if they defame someone or create an unnecessary panic. (similar to fire in the theater)
That's the least deflective thing you've written in this thread. Yet, I shake my head. What does "legal obligation" have to do with it?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 4th, 2024 at 2:34:42 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: DoubleGold
“We are very, very confident in our machines,” Val Arkoosh , the vice chair of the Montgomery County Board of Commissioners , tells me. She spoke with the staccato fervency and granular detail of someone who is thinking about this issue, and has been asked before. Yet when I asked her about Appel’s hack and the Princeton group, next door across the Delaware River, she appeared not to have heard of it. She assured me their system is secure
We may have found Geno's true identity!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 4th, 2024 at 3:30:11 AM permalink
DoubleGold
We may have found Geno's true identity!

:)

I think all these articles are misdirection since they're coming from the MSM.

Meaning, under the direction of covert agencies to misdirect the public.

I'm showing them for an argument of MSM not having credibility (shown in the title).
January 4th, 2024 at 4:05:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
That's the least deflective thing you've written in this thread. Yet, I shake my head. What does "legal obligation" have to do with it?

Your opinion of what is deflective is too flawed to for me to take seriously. I've seen you use it correctly, so it's not like you're ignorant.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 4th, 2024 at 4:31:12 AM permalink
rxwine
. If you want me to be really pedantic and correct at the same time, the "most secure election" can be defined by one more safeguard than a previous election.

That literally could mean, using a bank analogy again, the bank could be robbed each year, even though one more safeguard has been put in place. So it can be both true the bank is still getting robbed and still the most secure it has ever been.

Yah, argue with that, bro.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 4th, 2024 at 4:58:06 AM permalink
DoubleGold
. If you want me to be really pedantic and correct at the same time, the "most secure election" can be defined by one more safeguard than a previous election.

That literally could mean, using a bank analogy again, the bank could be robbed each year, even though one more safeguard has been put in place. So it can be both true the bank is still getting robbed and still the most secure it has ever been.

Yah, argue with that, bro.

Are you implying it was something Trump did that Obama didn't do?
January 4th, 2024 at 5:18:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DoubleGold
Are you implying it was something Trump did that Obama didn't do?

Not sure what you mean. Elections are mostly handled by each individual state.
January 4th, 2024 at 5:53:43 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Not sure what you mean. Elections are mostly handled by each individual state.

Krebs obviously didn't know what Trump knew about the Bush and Obama elections.

--------------

EP. 23 — THE MOST SECURE ELECTION EVER

Mar 2021
Just nine days after Election Day, the federal agency that coordinates the security of American elections called the November 3rd, 2020 election “the most secure in American history.”

The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, better known as CISA, was created two years prior by the stroke of President Trump’s pen. Subsequently, President Trump appointed a rising star in his Department of Homeland Security to lead the new agency. Christopher Krebs was confirmed unanimously by the U.S. Senate.

But after the statement was released, Krebs was abruptly fired by President Trump for vouching for the election’s security. In a 60 Minutes interview days after he was fired, Krebs grew emotional when talking about his departure.
https://www.swampstories.org/ep23-the-most-secure-election-ever-transcript

----------------
Page 6 of 7« First<34567>