Random Thought of the Day

November 5th, 2017 at 6:06:08 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
So is this like a standard five-star prison, or is it a Saudi thing?

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2017/11/05/saudi-arabia-commandeered-ritz-carlton-riyadh-use-prison/
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 5th, 2017 at 8:03:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Nareed

All those upper class princes -- you don't want to insult them, just imprison them.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 6th, 2017 at 2:00:51 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: rxwine
All those upper class princes -- you don't want to insult them, just imprison them.
At least long enough to get them to transfer their wealth to the new crown prince. Saudi Arabia is really an amalgam of four tribal groups and corruption is a way of life, business competition not fostered. The economy is a series of monopolies. Soon all the monopolies will be under the thumb of the Crown Prince. Corruption in Saudi Arabia means the bribes are going to the wrong Prince.
November 6th, 2017 at 2:00:52 AM permalink
Fleastiff
At least long enough to get them to transfer their wealth to the new crown prince. Saudi Arabia is really an amalgam of four tribal groups and corruption is a way of life, business competition not fostered. The economy is a series of monopolies. Soon all the monopolies will be under the thumb of the Crown Prince. Corruption in Saudi Arabia means the bribes are going to the wrong Prince.
November 6th, 2017 at 3:13:40 AM permalink
Fleastiff
So six million dollars was stolen from the Red Cross during the Ebola Crisis in Africa. So what? Its such a bloated organization I am surprised they even found out about it. I'm surprised its not a far larger sum.
November 6th, 2017 at 6:53:39 AM permalink
Nareed

Do you suppose solitary confinement includes room service?
November 6th, 2017 at 1:21:07 PM permalink
Nareed
Remember when you could get into your car and just turn it on and go, without having to tangle with phone chargers and audio cables?

Also, remember when you could book an airline ticket and not have to calculate fees for luggage, food, seat selection, etc? I swear we used to do that on the internet not that long ago.
November 6th, 2017 at 1:46:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Remember when you could get into your car and just turn it on and go, without having to tangle with phone chargers and audio cables?

I wouldn't know, never charged a device
in my car and got no plans. There is
nobody in my life I need to talk to that
badly that I would ever call them from
a car. You don't have anybody like that
either, you just think you do.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 6th, 2017 at 3:16:55 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
The story is linked with global ramifications. Twenty or so arrested here. Today a helicopter went down with 8 royals aboard killing all, between SA and Yemen. Ballistic missile fired yesterday from Yemen into SA.

http://www.atimes.com/article/inside-story-saudi-night-long-knives/ One of the imprisoned above is the billionaire Prince Talal, "But the highest profile among the detainees belongs to billionaire Prince al-Waleed Bin Talal, owner of Kingdom Holdings, major shareholder in Twitter, CitiBank, Four Seasons, Lyft and, until recently, Rupert Murdoch’s Newscorp."

also from link: "And, in practice, blunders also followed. The House of Saud lost its lethal regime-change drive in Syria and is bogged down in an unwinnable war on Yemen," We don't want to lose any more support for the petro dollar
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 23rd, 2017 at 2:12:18 PM permalink
Nareed
Why doesn't life come with a reset button?