Random Thought of the Day

April 6th, 2023 at 8:41:17 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Interesting article about dying. Some things are common, but unsurprisingly not everyone wants the same cliched idea of activities prior to death. Some people want a party going on, not just fading away in silence, and so forth.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/what-we-get-wrong-about-death-according-to-end-of-life-workers/ar-AA19vNxr?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=bdba01e7a84f413ebd8719f05e5b5d57&ei=38

If I have a forewarning about my own impending death, like a near term terminal cancer diagnosis, I want to have a funeral type event with me still alive. Planned. With enough notice so those that would want to attend would do it with as little interruption in their lives. And eventually only have a real funeral for just my immediate family. I’ve made it to the point where my exit should be a celebration of my life, not a mourn of my death.
April 7th, 2023 at 3:32:38 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
I have always thought Amazon was low price.
Haven't really been paying attention.
Went to but an item priced at $32 on Amazon.
Target and Walmart both had a larger size, 20% more product, for $17.
That's a big difference.
Guess I've been getting crushed on price buying on Amazon for at least a couple of years.
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
April 7th, 2023 at 4:20:22 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I have pumped a bunch of cash into Walmart.

Until about a couple of decades ago:

One day I bought an item over $400 and paid by check as I always did.

The attendant recorded the transaction without requiring a photo ID (as always).

A week later, I wanted to purchase another item over $100, but this time they requested my photo ID.

I told the person they didn't require it last week for a more expensive item, so I wanted an explanation.

The person told me the policy changed.

I warned the person I will never step foot in another Walmart again, unless they processed the transaction without a photo ID.

The person stood their ground and I kept my end of the bargain.

So I became interested in being a bear in their stock.

But I never found a good enough opportunity.

One of my goals in life before I pass, is to wait for the stock to become overvalued so I can profit bearishly.
April 7th, 2023 at 5:26:56 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: PotPie
I have always thought Amazon was low price.
Haven't really been paying attention.
Went to but an item priced at $32 on Amazon.
Target and Walmart both had a larger size, 20% more product, for $17.
That's a big difference.
Guess I've been getting crushed on price buying on Amazon for at least a couple of years.

I would guess that most items are still available for a lower rice on Amazon than what you will find at your local store. The difference is now you need to compare when over the last 10 years or so we all assumed it was cheaper on Amazon.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 9th, 2023 at 6:25:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Jesus rises once a year. He is far enough into space now, and is establishing a moon base.

Sorry that's all I got for today. Enjoy your bunny dinner.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 9th, 2023 at 9:12:17 PM permalink
JessieJim
Threads: 0
Is it your thought of the day? Lol
April 12th, 2023 at 5:17:12 AM permalink
rxwine
What lady wouldn't want this as a gift?

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 19th, 2023 at 3:05:27 PM permalink
rxwine
The Swiss are quite serious about preventing invasion should it ever come.

Quote:
Switzerland's Military Defense Involves Blowing Up All Roads Into The Country. Bridges wired to blow. Artillery hidden in farms. A vast honeycomb of tunnels bored into mountains
April 19th, 2023 at 3:42:50 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine

Switzerland's Military Defense Involves Blowing Up All Roads Into The Country. Bridges wired to blow. Artillery hidden in farms. A vast honeycomb of tunnels bored into mountains
The Swiss are quite serious about preventing invasion should it ever come.

While reading that I was just picturing a bunch of people digging tunnels with their Swiss Army Knives.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 20th, 2023 at 12:00:44 PM permalink
rxwine
The real answer to the trolley problem.