Cooking thread

January 29th, 2019 at 1:19:42 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I did pretty well I think.

took a can of food bank chicken, some olive oil, in a fry pan on medium or so. added pepper, lemon pepper and more pepper to kill the taste of the chicken.

took a can of food bank mixed vegetables, drained it, added it to the fry pan which I am pretending is a wok, lowered the light stirred it up a bit and messed it forth.

wasn't so bad, though I doubt I would feed it to any of the stray cats around this place.

QUESTION: now that the olive oil is opened, does it gotta go in the refrigerator???

s/ Chef Fleastiff, CB
January 29th, 2019 at 1:32:48 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I have never put olive oil in the fridge and I buy big olive oil containers from costco because I cook a lot
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 29th, 2019 at 3:18:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Never fridge any oil, makes it thick and
cloudy. Tight lid in a cool light free
place and it lasts for years.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 29th, 2019 at 3:43:31 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
I did pretty well I think.

took a can of food bank chicken, some olive oil, in a fry pan on medium or so. added pepper, lemon pepper and more pepper to kill the taste of the chicken.

took a can of food bank mixed vegetables, drained it, added it to the fry pan which I am pretending is a wok, lowered the light stirred it up a bit and messed it forth.

wasn't so bad, though I doubt I would feed it to any of the stray cats around this place.
I know it doesn't suit every ones taste, but I think of cats as the ultimate survival food. Until you need to eat them, they nearly take care of themselves, you don't hardly have to feed them. Just a treat once in awhile like your doing. They owe you a good stir fry by now. Law of the jungle.

Lot's of country's eat dog, and rat. One theory says stray cats make it into many dishes. Protein, is protein.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 29th, 2019 at 8:03:50 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: petroglyph
Lot's of country's eat dog, and rat. One theory says stray cats make it into many dishes. Protein, is protein.

I have fashioned a petroglyph doll and have been sticking pins in it for a few hours now.
January 29th, 2019 at 9:23:08 PM permalink
petroglyph
I have fashioned a petroglyph doll and have been sticking pins in it for a few hours now.
I thought it was neuropathy.
January 31st, 2019 at 12:21:38 AM permalink
petroglyph
https://www.sciencealert.com/mind-altering-cat-parasite-linked-to-schizophrenia-in-largest-study-yet

Come on Fleastiff, stop with the pins. We've all heard stories about cats that eat their owners.
February 1st, 2019 at 9:55:10 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: petroglyph
https://www.sciencealert.com/mind-altering-cat-parasite-linked-to-schizophrenia-in-largest-study-yet
A common theme.
Most people seem unaffected, some are severely affected and we write them off.
Same with ciguatera poisoning and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Look at MAP and lewi body diease, alzheimers, suicide.
or DON and anorexia nervosa
April 10th, 2019 at 1:25:59 PM permalink
Fleastiff
HELP NEEDED with: LENTILS.

I will be making lentils and can add cans of various extenders such as corn, mixed vegetables, green beans. What I am looking for is some sort of flavor enhancer. Please don't suggest ketchup or anything else that is mainly sugar. Are there any foods or spices that might add some 'zing' to the blandness but not add sugar or dairy or processed foods?
April 10th, 2019 at 2:58:21 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
HELP NEEDED with: LENTILS.

I will be making lentils and can add cans of various extenders such as corn, mixed vegetables, green beans. What I am looking for is some sort of flavor enhancer. Please don't suggest ketchup or anything else that is mainly sugar. Are there any foods or spices that might add some 'zing' to the blandness but not add sugar or dairy or processed foods?
Cumin, onion, garlic, you got enough salt with the canned veggies so DO NOT ADD SALT. Try cooking the lentils in chicken or some other stock.