Page 32 of 34« First<293031323334>
May 26th, 2017 at 11:47:10 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
Bosch rocked
Changing your mind on that show?
ROTFL

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 26th, 2017 at 8:00:54 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
I know these images are not very dramatic.

The main set top box in our house is connected via coaxial to the line from outside, and via ethernet cable to the router. This box contains the DVR and the primary electronics to distribute video and audio via local area network through the home. This particular box was introduced before Christmas 2013. Length 13", height 3"

The secondary boxes are connected with ethernet cables to the router. Length 7", height 2"

Cable companies would like to split the main box into two pieces. The DVR and primary distribution electronics would be near the point of entry of the cable, but ideally it would be on the outside of the home where technicians could get to it. I suspect that since power might be difficult to standardize, there needs to be some new regulations.

The internal boxes would be connected via wifi or via ethernet cable. But more than just television, you could have security systems, communication, home energy monitoring, and gaming.
May 28th, 2017 at 2:02:48 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Pacomartin
DirectTV Now for $35 seems like a better deal than Sling TV for $40. DirectTV Now includes Fox News in addition to CNN and for the first few months there will be multiple extra channels for $35. Plus you get the free cellular data if you have an AT&T phone.

DirecTV Now offered a 100-channel plan for $35 as a teaser, but it jumped to it's regular $60 price on January 9th .

After growing rapidly in its first three months online to 328,000 subscribers, DirecTV Now hit a wall in February, losing 3,000 customers, then saw growth flatline in March, according to stats gathered by Bloomberg.

I don't think anyone thought that this service would peak this quickly.

While millenials seem to be happy with commercial free streaming offers like Netflix, "Showtime Now", "Amazon Prime" and "HBO Now" it seems that their enthusiasm for purchasing packages of streaming channels with commercial interruptions as in traditional basic cable is very limited.
June 5th, 2017 at 10:35:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Hank Williams Jr. to return to 'Monday Night Football'

ESPN reaching out to the right?
The President is a fink.
June 15th, 2017 at 4:36:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
ESPN’s Kellerman: NFL Is ‘Injecting Politics’ by Playing the National Anthem at Games

Quote:
The ESPN personality then argued that Kaepernick did not inject politics into the NFL, but rather the NFL injects politics by playing the national anthem and “putting pressure” on people to stand.

I guess ESPN was not reaching out with Hank. Their hosts cannot help themselves. Their core fans will keep getting tired of this kind of statement. I suppose the guy did not know that playing the National Anthem is done in most all sports and has been for decades.

Wonder why people keep tuning out?
The President is a fink.
June 16th, 2017 at 1:10:00 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Netflix has passed a notable milestone: the company now has more American subscribers than there are total coaxial cable subscribers. According to recent data from Leichtman Research, the nation's biggest cable providers ended the first quarter with around 48.6 million subscribers. Netflix's US subscriber count at the tail end of that period was 50.85 million.

To be clear, Netflix still has a long way to go before it passes the total number of pay TV subscribers in the states (93.3 million), since these tallies don't include the total number of satellite TV subscribers (33.1 million) or telco TV subscribers (9.1 million).

That said, Netflix just passed the 100 million subscriber mark if you include international subscribers.

https://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Netflix-Passes-Cable-in-Terms-of-Overall-Subscribers-139765
June 16th, 2017 at 1:20:28 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
With Netflix one has to wonder: how many households?

I know the monthly payment can cover several users. I also know in many homes there can be several subscriptions.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 16th, 2017 at 2:02:16 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Nareed

I know the monthly payment can cover several users. I also know in many homes there can be several subscriptions.

Sometimes one Netflix account covers multiple households. :)
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 16th, 2017 at 2:31:43 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: DRich
Sometimes one Netflix account covers multiple households. :)

My son and my grandson both use my Netflix. 3 different households.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 25th, 2017 at 3:43:27 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Nareed

The norm for video demand libraries is two simultaneous users (can be different households). Hulu with a $15 or $20 surcharge will let you go up to unlimited simultaneous for one household and up to three outside of the home. But that is a big surcharge.

HULU TV PRICES
$8 with commercials streaming library
$12 without commercials streaming library
$40 with commercials streaming library & 50 live channels & 50 hour DVR
$44 without commercials same as above (2 simultaneous screens)
$64 without commercials (unlimited simultaneous screens in one home) 200 hour DVR
$71 without commercials same as above with Showtime

LIVE STREAMING OPTI"ONS FOR INTERNET PROTOCOL TV
$25 Sling TV Entertainment (blue) option with $5 for DVR service
$35 Direct TV Now basic service
$35 Youtube live TV (Not in Vegas yet)
$40 Playstation VUE
$80 Layer3TV (concierge television)
Page 32 of 34« First<293031323334>