What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

May 18th, 2017 at 10:56:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Critics are calling Wonder Woman the best DC film to date.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 19th, 2017 at 7:42:17 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

It was great. I loved it. Can't wait to see it again.

Just saw this movie last week
Imax 3d
I enjoyed it. It was good and some parts were very funny. Baby Groot rocks. The 3d effects worked well
I thought the overall special effects were over the top. Just too much at times.
I rate it 4 out of 5 stars
Its good but I thought the 1st one was better
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 29th, 2017 at 4:57:02 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: terapined
I loved WWll movies as a kid, Dirty dozen, Longest Day, Patton
I just watched Dirty Dozen again... not all that great. Even decades ago I like the Braithewaite novel better because Reiseman was sleeping with the 14 year old daughter of his landlord.

Longest Day was just a long movie with the named stars seldom on screen.

Patton... arrogant guy letting GIs die for his vanity. He was much admired but someone should have shot him.
May 29th, 2017 at 5:11:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
I just watched Dirty Dozen again... not all that great. .

It wouldn't be. WWII had only been over
20 years when it was made. Vets loved
anything that glorified that era. Hogan's
Hero's, Great Escape, Rat Patrol, Mchale's
Navy, Combat, these were all hits and
would be total duds today.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 29th, 2017 at 6:19:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I still find Hogan's Heroes funny. But what shows aren't somewhat dated? Name one as old or older than Hogan's heroes that doesn't.

Probably only a few shows transcend time itself. Let's see... Best I can say is a few shows hang on longer.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 29th, 2017 at 7:57:21 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
I still find Hogan's Heroes funny. But what shows aren't somewhat dated? Name one as old or older than Hogan's heroes that doesn't.

Probably only a few shows transcend time itself. Let's see... Best I can say is a few shows hang on longer.

Twilight Zone

I liked Hogans Heroes. It was funny
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 30th, 2017 at 4:45:56 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Evenbob
these were all hits and would be total duds today.
Anything today would be a total dud unless it involves zombies, werewolves or comic book characters.
May 30th, 2017 at 6:54:15 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Anything today would be a total dud unless it involves zombies, werewolves or comic book characters.

American Sniper (Release Date: December 25, 2014) went on to become the highest grossing film of the year.

It is true that the next dozen movies were animated, or involved monsters, or involved comic book superheros.

But most tickets are not sold to adults that are not with their children.
May 30th, 2017 at 8:02:36 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Pacomartin
But most tickets are not sold to adults that are not with their children.
Yes, i keep forgetting that. Although I do recall that beer commercial where the last two tickets in the movie were being sold and audience consisted of the Dutch Hells Angels club or something. So some movies must be seen by adults.

Note: I was playing channel roulette last night and encountered Two Broke Girls wherein the coment was made "She tells Black people to be quiet in the movies".
May 30th, 2017 at 10:00:10 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Note: I was playing channel roulette last night and encountered Two Broke Girls wherein the coment was made "She tells Black people to be quiet in the movies".

The actual line was "Sophie is the loudest person we know. Even black people at the movies tell Sophie to be quiet"

Sophie is the Polish American character on the show