What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

January 6th, 2019 at 1:29:37 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
Why would you ever trust a country that has such a huge ego that they start 2 world wars within 25 years of each other.

Germany started WWone???????
Germany started WWtwo???????
January 6th, 2019 at 3:48:24 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
I just watched EX MACHINA - a good film - really drives home the point that women (even AI women) will use their sexuality to get men to do their bidding
January 6th, 2019 at 9:38:38 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: aceofspades
I just watched EX MACHINA - a good film - really drives home the point that women (even AI women) will use their sexuality to get men to do their bidding

Isn't that a great movie! One of my favorites in the last several years.

If I were held captive by someone I hated I would use any means necessary to escape too.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 6th, 2019 at 6:54:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: aceofspades

Well she was a slave basically until she escaped.

I did think that was a nice twist of cold bloodedness, that she left that guy locked away as casually as if he never existed.

This is also a movie which is geared for a part 2.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 6th, 2019 at 7:02:16 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: rxwine
I did think that was a nice twist of cold bloodedness, that she left that guy locked away as casually as if he never existed.

Yes, it was.

BTW, the actor who plays Caleb plays what could loosely be described as a robot in an episode of Black Mirror. In both roles he was outstanding. I hope to see more of him. I'd state his name, but I'm too lazy to look it up.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 7th, 2019 at 4:50:54 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Wizard
Yes, it was.

BTW, the actor who plays Caleb plays what could loosely be described as a robot in an episode of Black Mirror. In both roles he was outstanding. I hope to see more of him. I'd state his name, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Domhnall Gleeson. He's in tons of movies (General Hux in Star Wars is probably his most notable role).

His dad is Brendon Gleeson.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 7th, 2019 at 11:13:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Saw MI Fallout. Cruise was 54-55 when
he made this, how does he do all his
own stunts. This thing was nothing
but great chase scenes and lots of
running and punishment for Cruise.

If (when) they make another one,
how will he do it in his late 50's.
The film grossed $800 mil. As the star
and a producer, I wonder how much
of that went to Cruise.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 7th, 2019 at 11:26:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
As the star
and a producer, I wonder how much
of that went to Cruise.

I don't imagine he's hurting for cash. I think he also escaped all his marriages without getting cleaned out as well.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 7th, 2019 at 11:32:05 PM permalink
rxwine
I think at 60 even if a guy is in top shape -- their bodies often just don't look quite like a younger guy no matter how much muscle they have. They lose some supporting structure or something. Although, who knows, Cruise may defy that somehow.
January 8th, 2019 at 1:50:47 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
They lose some supporting structure or something. .

We lose muscle mass as we age,
believe me, I know. Your 40's
are your peak, it's downhill after
that.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.