What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

March 9th, 2019 at 6:36:15 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: aceofspades

Not sure what that has to do with anything?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 9th, 2019 at 6:51:22 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: ams288
Not sure what that has to do with anything?

You stated that alt-right trolls of Star Wars had no effect on the franchise -- yet, it seems they have
March 9th, 2019 at 7:27:08 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
You stated that alt-right trolls of Star Wars had no effect on the franchise -- yet, it seems they have

????
Its a smash hit. It made a billion dollars. The studio and investors gotta be thrilled
The smart move is to hold on to whoever made the film
On the flipside, you make a billion dollar movie, flooded with offers. Hard to keep talent that can make a billion dollar film
Looking at this from a totally wrong angle ace
I rarely go to the theatre but I made a point for this film. Looking at the numbers, the entire planet agreed

From IMDB
Box Office
Opening Weekend USA: $220,009,584, 17 December 2017, Wide Release
Gross USA: $620,181,382
Cumulative Worldwide Gross: $1,332,539,889
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 9th, 2019 at 7:30:13 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: terapined
????
Its a smash hit. It made a billion dollars. The studio and investors gotta be thrilled
The smart move is to hold on to whoever made the film
On the flipside, you make a billion dollar movie, flooded with offers. Hard to keep talent that can make a billion dollar film
Looking at this from a totally wrong angle ace
I rarely go to the theatre but I made a point for this film. Looking at the numbers, the entire planet agreed

From IMDB
Box Office
Opening Weekend USA: $220,009,584, 17 December 2017, Wide Release
Gross USA: $620,181,382
Cumulative Worldwide Gross: $1,332,539,889

https://bleedingfool.com/blogs/solo-a-star-wars-storys-failures-are-all-on-kathleen-kennedy/
March 9th, 2019 at 9:58:06 AM permalink
ams288

I stated that The Last Jedi was a huge hit.

But, ignoring that — one lady *allegedly* (that article isn’t even sure) left LucasFilm and the trolls are affecting the franchise? That seems like a big stretch.

I’m a huge Star Wars fan. The alt-right trolls have had their knives out for Kathleen Kennedy for years now, and she isn’t going anywhere. And Rian Johnson (director of The Last Jedi whom the trolls also hate) is still making a brand new trilogy of Star Wars movies. Seems like they’d both be gone if the trolls had any real power.
March 9th, 2019 at 10:16:21 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

The Rotten Tomatoes trolls fail again.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
All targeted by alt-right man-babies. All hugely successful.

BP was one of the worst I've seen
in 10 years. I should have read the
reviews first to save myself 40min
of watching green black people
trying to act.

It got over 400 one star reviews on
IMDB, this is a mild one.

Story was underwhelming at best. Felt really boring and not very creative. Dialects were extremely hard to understand...film actually needed English subtitles, which would have been ridiculous. This just goes to show what a joke the members voting on films for the Oscars are. I would like my 2+ hours wasted back from watching this in the theater, I couldn't wait for the movie to be over with....it's a rental at best and should never be a best picture nominee.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 9th, 2019 at 10:23:38 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Are you saying that the alt-right trolls of Star Wars were responsible for the poor performance of Solo: A Star Wars Story Release Date: May 25, 2018
Domestic: $213,767,512 54.4%
+ Foreign: $179,157,295 45.6%
= Worldwide: $392,924,807

Because the film, "Star Wars: The Last Jedi| Release Date: December 15, 2017" was massively profitable.
March 9th, 2019 at 10:34:00 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
BP was one of the worst I've seen
in 10 years.

No offense, but your opinion on Black Panther is meaningless. You aren’t anything close to the target audience of that movie.

I personally thought it was a slightly below-average Marvel movie.

But to try to deny how successful it was would be insane...
March 9th, 2019 at 10:47:27 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
No offense, but your opinion on Black Panther is meaningless. .

Yet of the 2800 reviews on IMDB, 750
were 1,2 or 3 stars, saying the movie
sucked. And going into great
thoughtful detail on why it sucked.

It was successful because they over
hyped the living crap out of it and
it sucked a ton of people into the
theaters. Like you. It wasn't just
boring as hell, the story was stupid,
and the acting was terrible. It was
so bad my jaw dropped sometimes,
like some of them had never acted
before.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 9th, 2019 at 10:49:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

You missed the whole point of my post regarding the last Jedi movie
Alt right trolls really have a minimal effect on the box office of star wars movies
Alt right trolls came down hard on the Last Jedi yet the film made humongous profits
Movie executives make a lot of decisions
Its laughable that they are paying attention to the alt right trolls when they hire or fire

Lets say terapined demands a movie exec gets fired because 2nd Jumanji movie sucked
Lets say that movie exec gets fired
According to Aces's logic, the movie exec got fired due to terapined
I can see Ace posting - You stated that terapined trolls Jumanji had no effect on the franchise -- yet, it seems they have
ROTFL
I don't have that kind of power or influence and neither do the Star Wars trolls
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"