Remember When

July 9th, 2022 at 5:28:28 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Most of the garages I've seen until I came here were never parked in, just full of "stuff".

My wife just recently started parking in ours again. I kinda think of it at times as a safety feature, with the electric opener. I live on a busy street and when she parked in the driveway, crooks could get a pretty good idea of when we were gone, because the driveway was empty. Now, they are a little more confused.

I would like someone to invent a security device, motion activated that sets off the sound of dogs barking and skidding across the floor toward the door.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 9th, 2022 at 7:09:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 10th, 2022 at 6:05:45 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: petroglyph
Most of the garages I've seen until I came here were never parked in, just full of "stuff".

My wife just recently started parking in ours again. I kinda think of it at times as a safety feature, with the electric opener. I live on a busy street and when she parked in the driveway, crooks could get a pretty good idea of when we were gone, because the driveway was empty. Now, they are a little more confused.

I would like someone to invent a security device, motion activated that sets off the sound of dogs barking and skidding across the floor toward the door.

We had a three car garage attached to our house and never parked in it. For us it was an 800 sq ft storage area.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 10th, 2022 at 6:10:56 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DRich
We had a three car garage attached to our house and never parked in it. For us it was an 800 sq ft storage area.

I'm very familiar with at least half of a garage ending up as a storage area.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 10th, 2022 at 6:14:30 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
I'm very familiar with at least half of a garage ending up as a storage area.

Our intention was to just use one of the three stalls as storage. After about a year it spread into the second stall and then into the third stall. Sadly most of it was just the crap you keep for some unknown reason and it cost me $1000 to have a junk man come and remove everything before we moved.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 10th, 2022 at 6:41:30 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
We have a two garage as long as they are two sedans middle size or so. It would still be tight, but it could be done.

The F-150 will fit but not by much.

The garage goes to my wife’s car but there was a time we had a whole lot of crap and could not even fit that in there. A little cleaning and lots more room.

Now we trim down the excess stuff as we go and there is more room than ever in there.
July 10th, 2022 at 6:46:00 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I had a 2 car garage
F150 would not fit in
No biggie
Stored my popup in there
Other half was my man cave I would hang out in and watch the neighborhood with garage door open and me relaxed blaring music
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 10th, 2022 at 7:54:42 AM permalink
rxwine
I saw a mention of castor oil in an old movie. I remember my parents talking about it. Never had to try it.

Looks like it tastes like Petroleum jelly and goes down with about the same difficulty.

Maybe someone here has a personal experience with it?
July 10th, 2022 at 11:32:41 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
I saw a mention of castor oil in an old movie. I remember my parents talking about it. Never had to try it.

Looks like it tastes like Petroleum jelly and goes down with about the same difficulty.

Maybe someone here has a personal experience with it?

I was staying with my great grandparents when my parents went away for a few days because they lived in the town where my school was located. It was great. Except for the day I said I did not feel well.

My great grandmother chased me around the house with castor oil to make me better. I was better immediately…I had to get out of the house before she made me take it.

This was around 1970 or so.
July 10th, 2022 at 12:04:34 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Ricin/Castor oil connection makes you think. Specifically: I'm thinking I ain't taking any castor oil

"Castor beans are processed throughout the world to make castor oil. Ricin is part of the waste “mash” produced when castor oil is made" [from google search]
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]