Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

April 27th, 2023 at 4:52:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
I still have never seen a Moose in the wild. I go to Montana almost every year and people say they are everywhere, I want to see a Moose.

You probably didn't try wearing a moose costume.

Quote:
Moose are the most sought after big game animal in Alaska. Hunters report harvesting over 7,000 of Alaska's estimated 175,000 moose each year. Going out to “get a moose” is a fall ritual for tens of thousands of Alaskans
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 27th, 2023 at 5:09:32 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: DRich
I still have never seen a Moose in the wild. I go to Montana almost every year and people say they are everywhere, I want to see a Moose.
I know what you mean. Unfortunately, it can be the wrong circumstances entirely when this might change for you or me

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 27th, 2023 at 5:46:30 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: odiousgambit
I know what you mean. Unfortunately, it can be the wrong circumstances entirely when this might change for you or me

When I am in Montana I have a rental car, at least i would get a good story out of it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 27th, 2023 at 6:03:38 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Saw this in CO a couple years ago
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 1st, 2023 at 7:37:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Regulators and clean-air advocates are increasingly eyeing the pollution emitted by small gasoline engines used to power lawn mowers and leaf blowers as they seek to blunt climate change. Environmentalists say using a commercial gas leaf blower for an hour produces emissions equal to driving from Denver to Los Angeles.

Wasn’t fan of leaf blower noise even before the mention of climate change. Did businesses use them all this time like they do now? I don’t really remember when I first started noticing them.

I know I had to rake the yard as a kid. No leaf blower around.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 1st, 2023 at 8:36:51 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Wasn’t fan of leaf blower noise even before the mention of climate change. Did businesses use them all this time like they do now? I don’t really remember when I first started noticing them.

I know I had to rake the yard as a kid. No leaf blower around.

I remember raking the front and back yards for hours. I would guess it averaged 13 Hefty bags for each raking and that was only two trees.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 28th, 2023 at 4:04:17 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
"If there was a natural right to a gun, we'd be born with one in our hand" Sig line for RXW.

Makes as much sense as:
If there was a natural right to shelter, we'd be born with house in our hand.
If there was a natural right to food, we'd be born in a garden.
If there was a natural right to an education , we'd be born in a school.
etc.
etc.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 28th, 2023 at 4:49:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman
"If there was a natural right to a gun, we'd be born with one in our hand" Sig line for RXW.

Makes as much sense as:
etc.
etc.

The real funny thing is it is impossible for an atheist to even believe in natural rights as they come from some sort of creator which they deny exists.
The President is a fink.
May 28th, 2023 at 6:23:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman

Makes as much sense as:
etc.
etc.

How funny. Nope, there is no guarantee food, houses or education as an inalienable right. LIfe, liberty and pursuit of happiness are considered as inalienable rights. No guns are mentioned.

You'll notice those 3 rights aren't listed as material things. You don't have to acquire them after you come into being. That's why they are natural.
May 28th, 2023 at 6:38:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
The real funny thing is it is impossible for an atheist to even believe in natural rights as they come from some sort of creator which they deny exists.

You missed lots of philosophy classes where all kinds of meaning or purposes are reasoned out without religion or god.