Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

February 9th, 2024 at 7:19:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Hooray for the America's two tier justice system! (har har)

Quote:
Michael Mann, a prominent climate scientist, won his long-standing legal battle against two right-wing bloggers who claimed that he manipulated data in his research and compared him to convicted child molester Jerry Sandusky, a major victory for the outspoken researcher.

A jury in a civil trial in Washington on Thursday found that the two writers, Rand Simberg and Mark Steyn, defamed and injured the researcher in a pair of blog posts published in 2012, and awarded him more than $1 million.

“I hope this verdict sends a message that falsely attacking climate scientists is not protected speech,” Mann said in a statement

Mann’s victory comes amid heightened attacks on scientists working not just on climate change but also on vaccines and other issues. But the case was one that some critics worried could have a stifling effect on free speech and open debate in science.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/famed-climate-scientist-wins-million-dollar-verdict-against-right-wing-bloggers/ar-BB1i04Fg?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=9b6cafe46b8446168413a375f8b0f972&ei=23
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 9th, 2024 at 7:41:30 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
Hooray for the America's two tier justice system! (har har)
If there is justice, then Mann's lawyers's gaff will mean the verdict will bet thrown out in appeal

Quote:
The verdict comes after Mann’s lawyer, John Williams, was admonished by the court for telling the jury.. “These attacks on climate science have to stop, and now you have the opportunity,” ... Superior Court Judge Alfred Irving told Williams that his comment could lead the jury to believe that “climate science is the subject of this case. This is a defamation case.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/after-12-years-michael-manns-defamation-case-against-mark-steyn-finally-goes-to-the-jury/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=header&utm_content=popular&utm_term=third [sorry about paywall]

I don't know anything about Simberg but Steyn is a good guy who doesn't deserve this
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 9th, 2024 at 7:45:43 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: same link
Williams also compared people who deny the reality of climate change science to people who deny that Joe Biden won the 2020 presidential election.

all this stuff is exactly why RXwine is cheering ... his ilk exactly who was on the jury of course
February 9th, 2024 at 7:49:57 AM permalink
odiousgambit
same link,

"[Mann claimed] that receiving a “mean look” from a shopper at a Wegmans supermarket was evidence that he had been harmed by the blog posts."

a jury of Rxwines just ate it up I guess
February 9th, 2024 at 7:59:00 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: odiousgambit
same link,

"[Mann claimed] that receiving a “mean look” from a shopper at a Wegmans supermarket was evidence that he had been harmed by the blog posts."

And thank God there were reasonable people in that jury box.
February 9th, 2024 at 8:44:58 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: GenoDRPh
same link,

And thank God there were reasonable people in that jury box.

+1
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 9th, 2024 at 8:47:41 AM permalink
rxwine
same link,

The more I hear "climate skeptics" the more I compare it to flat earthers saying they don't get equal time in the mass media.

So there.
February 9th, 2024 at 8:56:05 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Mark Steyn is a good guy, it's the one thing I'm sure of.... to agree with me means you have to overlook his politics. The Lefties here are incapable of that I think. Jacobins.

He isn't the one who compared dude to Sandusky, his case was a pure free speech case, and Mann was just exploring his Jacobin instincts to even pursue this. He got mean looks... what a joke!
February 9th, 2024 at 9:01:30 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
It could be a huge energy wave (bubble like a gas burp) coming into our solar system.

If it is, just tell us and show us, so we can build bunkers underground too.

Otherwise, you better have a good argument to go against plants becoming more plentiful as the result of more CO2.

I saw a video the other day showing Saudi Arabia turning green.
February 9th, 2024 at 9:01:33 AM permalink
rxwine
Mark Steyn is a good guy, it's the one thing I'm sure of.... to agree with me means you have to overlook his politics. The Lefties here are incapable of that I think. Jacobins.

He isn't the one who compared dude to Sandusky, his case was a pure free speech case, and Mann was just exploring his Jacobin instincts to even pursue this. He got mean looks... what a joke!

If I really thought I could win a million-dollar lawsuit on just getting mean looks I'd be out there myself collecting million-dollar awards.