Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

June 13th, 2017 at 3:34:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
"This is the first time we've actually seen ice from the High Arctic," said Barber, who has studied the impacts of climate change on sea ice for decades.
"What happens in the Arctic doesn't stay there. It comes south."

Typically when people think about climate change they think about thinning ice, but Barber points out the warming action also loosens ice and broken icebergs can travel long distances on ocean currents.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 13th, 2017 at 3:37:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine

LOL! No matter what happens, cold, warm, ice
or no ice, it all points to GW with the right
logic. Utter crap stuck to bottom of your
arctic boot is what it is.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 13th, 2017 at 4:03:26 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Evenbob
LOL! No matter what happens, cold, warm, ice
or no ice, it all points to GW with the right
logic. Utter crap stuck to bottom of your
arctic boot is what it is.
+1 Any theory or belief that explains too much is suspect. It can't be tested because it's a tautology.
June 13th, 2017 at 4:44:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: pew
+1 Any theory or belief that explains too much is suspect. It can't be tested because it's a tautology.

Eh, what else would you expect to see if ice is breaking up and floating? It only stays in one place if it stays frozen.

It does other things if it thaws.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 13th, 2017 at 7:01:18 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: rxwine
Eh, what else would you expect to see if ice is breaking up and floating? It only stays in one place if it stays frozen.

It does other things if it thaws.

Why bother? So often, the things they say and the conclusions they draw are not even wrong
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 14th, 2017 at 4:34:32 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Dalex64
Why bother? So often, the things they say and the conclusions they draw are not even wrong
If the Yankees take the pennant is that global warming or climate change. I get them mixed up all the time.
June 14th, 2017 at 4:49:53 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Global Consumption Of Coal Drops For The Second Year In A Row

Mostly due to China

"A large part of the movement away from coal is being driven by China. For a third year in a row, their consumption of the fossil fuel has dropped, this time by 1.6 percent. They have introduced measures to reduce the capacity of mining and consumption, further restricting the number of days that it can be mined, as well as consolidating the smallest and least productive sites. This had the effect of cutting domestic coal production by a whopping 7.9 percent, the largest yearly decline on record."

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/global-consumption-of-coal-drops-for-the-second-year-in-a-row/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 27th, 2017 at 7:56:46 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Face
You seriously need to stop. I've never once went to the Dr and had them say anything other than "Your BP is perfect!" (just said it again last week), and you're about to ruin it -_-

Blue folk, don't let me down. Pick a winner in '20, not this insufferable assclown.

Most of the NYC liberals I follow on Twitter all seem to hate Cuomo and blame him for the massive problems the NYC subway system is facing.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 29th, 2017 at 5:21:48 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Most of the NYC liberals I follow on Twitter all seem to hate Cuomo and blame him for the massive problems the NYC subway system is facing.

Cuomo is the most interesting of politicians. He is for a high minimum wage. Free college tuition. Expanding Medicaid. But he also beat down the powerful unions. Supported one of our pro doctor bills. Mostly extreme left but a few big exceptions. I feel his exceptions will be what he highlights during his presidential campaign.... "I reach across the aisle successfully..."
October 13th, 2017 at 12:57:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Uh Oh

NASA confirms – Sea levels FALLING across the Planet

https://www.iceagenow.info/nasa-confirms-sea-levels-falling-across-planet/#content
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.