In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 22nd, 2014 at 2:38:02 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Face
I'd be happy if most people stayed home.
Quote:
I suppose that's one good thing about the Kardashians; anyone that's so absorbed so as to miss voting

Quote:
I have never voted.
You continue to amaze me, I never ever would have figured you for a Kardashian follower.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 22nd, 2014 at 2:54:09 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: petroglyph
You continue to amaze me, I never ever would have figured you for a Kardashian follower.

Bwa! He's got jokes, everyone! XD
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 22nd, 2014 at 3:36:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Enjoy it while it lasts. My coup has been a long time in the making, and there's not many years left that you'll get this opportunity (smiley / winky purposely omitted)

Other than forcing CBS to switch to a 24/7 Hockey format what are your plans? Or is it just for NY? If just for NY, who gets to be in charge of natural gas drilling, me or Teddys?
The President is a fink.
October 22nd, 2014 at 3:45:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Bwa! He's got jokes, everyone! XD

I'm finally starting to get through
October 23rd, 2014 at 9:24:40 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Katy Conrad, media booker for CBS “This Morning” decided Rand Paul was not qualified to talk about Ebola. Her Twitter rant:

“Not sure when @SenRandPaul became a doctor, but says Ebola can spread from a person who has the disease to someone standing 3ft away #uhmm”

I guess she didn't know Senator Paul is also Dr. Paul who as an ophthalmologist who recently did hundreds of free cataract operations to help some Third World people see again, all in a week.

C-BS!

Now that ebola mania is just about over and numerous people are coming out of 21 day isolation with no ebola.
This just proves Rand Paul has no idea what he is talking about.
Bottom Line is ebola is hard to get
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 23rd, 2014 at 11:41:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
Now that ebola mania is just about over and numerous people are coming out of 21 day isolation with no ebola.
This just proves Rand Paul has no idea what he is talking about.
Bottom Line is ebola is hard to get

Not quite sure how you get your statement. Rand stated it can spread to someone within 3 feet. He did not say an outbreak was coming, though Obama appointed a guy as Tsar for it. Perhaps Obama is the clueless one here?
The President is a fink.
October 23rd, 2014 at 5:56:47 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Most pandemics kill fewer than 40-60 percent of the population.

So much so that when one Irish group had 100 percent death rate from Cholera, their fate lived on in work songs until forensic pathologists unearthed corpses near the Pennsylvania RR right of way and found the cholera victims had bayonet marks on their ribs and/or musket wounds.
October 23rd, 2014 at 6:17:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
Now that ebola mania is just about over t

It is? The NYT is reporting a doctor has
it in NY. You should watch the real news
more often.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 23rd, 2014 at 6:21:20 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Fleastiff
Most pandemics kill fewer than 40-60 percent of the population.

So much so that when one Irish group had 100 percent death rate from Cholera, their fate lived on in work songs until forensic pathologists unearthed corpses near the Pennsylvania RR right of way and found the cholera victims had bayonet marks on their ribs and/or musket wounds.

I worked at Grand Coulee Dam. The word was an excavator had hit a mass of bones, each with one hole in the back of the skull.

It seems as the saying goes "lay off is pay off" held true, coast to coast. I wonder if that coincided with when Rockefeller bought out Carnegie. The rich have often hated the workers that made "em that way.
October 23rd, 2014 at 6:33:42 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: petroglyph
The rich have often hated the workers that made "em that way.

Why would you say that? The opposite is certainly true as many people are jealous of the bosses. The rich didn't hate their workers, the worst of them didn't even see the workers as they didn't travel in the same circles and probably thought the workers were beneath them. That is different than hate.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin