December 8th, 2020 at 3:04:24 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Aren't you a little young?

Unplanned due to virus
Was planning on 65
Oh well
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 8th, 2020 at 4:55:54 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
I agree
I just signed up for social security
All done online

I don't agree that mail in voting will completely vanish. At least not for a far longer period of time (50+ years). There are still too many seniors and disabled people without computer/internet accsess who are the ones that (historically until this election) have mostly used mail in voting.

Mail in voting will need to be an option, because postal service is a universal right, internet access is not (well according to the U.N. it is, but I am speaking as far as America goes....)

As long as there is even a fringe population that does not have internet access there will need to be a mail in option. I don't see it going away even in my lifetime. Even after online voting becomes a thing (as it will eventually), there will still be mail options.

Also, in some parts of the world (military voters) mail is the only option (and that will probably not change either, for security reasons if no other).

I don't think mail in voting is going away. Not this century anyway.
December 8th, 2020 at 9:12:06 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Tanko
By the end of election day, Republican Claudia Tinney was leading incumbent NY Democrat Congressman Anthony Brindisi by 28,422 votes. After the mail in ballots were counted, her lead dwindled to twelve votes. Then they found another 55 uncounted ballots, 11 of which were cast by unregistered voters. How unregistered voters got mail in ballots is anyone's guess. The new found uncounted ballots were not enough to throw the race to Brindisi, and Tinney still leads by 12 votes. Now they've found twelve more uncounted ballots in a drawer. They're going to keep finding ballots until Brindisi wins.
*bold = mine

Yep, I predicted this months ago.

I predicted that there would be voter fraud.........................and voila!
We got voter fraud!!
December 8th, 2020 at 9:51:07 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
December 9th, 2020 at 9:44:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You can look up the source for this if you’re really curious. I’ll wait for the in-person introduction, should there ever be one.

Quote:
Aliens exist and Trump almost let it slip, says Israeli professor and former space official
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 9th, 2020 at 10:48:19 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
It would be a good time for that sort of news to come out. It would really make people re-evaluate their priorities.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 9th, 2020 at 11:13:05 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Dalex64
It would be a good time for that sort of news to come out. It would really make people re-evaluate their priorities.

I have no doubt aliens exist
but
The distances to overcome in the galaxy insures nobody ever meets
Travelling distances of light years will never ever happen, even for aliens
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 9th, 2020 at 11:33:27 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
You can look up the source for this if you’re really curious. I’ll wait for the in-person introduction, should there ever be one.

Now we know where Coronavirus came from.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 10th, 2020 at 5:18:31 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Like I predicted.

Thanks to Biden's plan to pause mass deportations, and grant amnesty to the 22 million illegals living here, the post election run on the US border has begun.

"Migrant caravan sets off to U.S. from Honduras"

Expect lots more.

The number of people living in extreme poverty in South America and the Caribbean could reach 83,000,000 this year.