In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 10th, 2020 at 8:39:36 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Like I predicted.

Thanks to Biden's plan to pause mass deportations, and grant amnesty to the 22 million illegals living here, the post election run on the US border has begun.

"Migrant caravan sets off to U.S. from Honduras"

Expect lots more.

The number of people living in extreme poverty in South America and the Caribbean could reach 83,000,000 this year.

Cool
Keep them coming
I love immigrants
I'm one
My mother is one
Half my family are immigrants
My uncle, Dr Lin, did very well in this country. Helped save many lives.
I love talking to immigrants and hearing their stories and eating their cuisine
I have loved working with immigrants my whole life. Good hard working people. Salt of the earth
Immigrants make America greater
Where did your family immigrate from Tanko?
What's your family's history regarding immigration
One side of my family can be traced to the Irish potato famine. Very tough for the Irish back then. So many in america against Irish immigration. The Irish were really hated. The thinking back then were the Irish were lazy alcoholics that will ruin the country. Many refused to hire the Irish. It was tough for the Irish with all the immigrant hatred
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 10th, 2020 at 2:41:54 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
A Republican Leader just led by example. Possibly the best contribution he could make.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/10/coronavirus-covid-live-updates-us/#link-ZF2Q2R73TNACHOW4IJK4U7LRHY

Quote:
"After the attorney general announced the cause of death, Rep. William Marsh (R), a retired ophthalmologist, rebuked fellow Republicans who had opposed health guidelines such as mask-wearing.

“Those in our caucus who refused to take precautions are responsible for Dick Hinch’s death,” Marsh said via Twitter.
December 10th, 2020 at 3:05:02 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
The state motto of New Hampshire is: "LIVE FREE OR DIE"

It is definitely not: "LIVE FREE UNLESS THERE'S A VIRUS" 😂😂
December 10th, 2020 at 3:15:15 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
December 11th, 2020 at 6:29:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Trump can't be happy
He just lost to Biden and Harris again

Time magazine announced their Person of the year
Biden/Harris
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 11th, 2020 at 9:18:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Major cybersecurity firm FireEye has been hit by a cyberattack, with hackers stealing its attack test tools in a targeted heist, the company said in a blog post Tuesday. CEO Kevin Mandia said the hack most likely came from a nation-state attacker.
The hack hit one of the largest cybersecurity companies in the US. FireEye has investigated prominent cyberattacks including the Equifax breach and the Democratic National Committee hack. The hackers stole FireEye's "Red Team" tools, a collection of malware and exploits used to test customers' vulnerabilities. Mandia said none of the tools was a zero-day exploit (a vulnerability that doesn't have a fix).
"Based on my 25 years in cyber security and responding to incidents, I've concluded we are witnessing an attack by a nation with top-tier offensive capabilities," Mandia said in his post. "This attack is different from the tens of thousands of incidents we have responded to throughout the years. The attackers tailored their world-class capabilities specifically to target and attack FireEye."

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 11th, 2020 at 11:10:23 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Another great Trump accomplishment where every other Western leader has failed for the past 72 years.

In a U.S. brokered deal, Morocco is now the fourth nation since August, to normalize relations and establish diplomatic relations with Israel. The others are Bahrain, The U.A.E., and the Sudan.
December 11th, 2020 at 11:33:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko
Another great Trump accomplishment where every other Western leader has failed for the past 72 years.

In a U.S. brokered deal, Morocco is now the fourth nation since August, to normalize relations and establish diplomatic relations with Israel. The others are Bahrain, The U.A.E., and the Sudan.

Here's the part from your link

Quote:
As part of the agreement, US President Donald Trump agreed to recognise Morocco’s sovereignty over the Western Sahara, where there has been a decades-old territorial dispute with Morocco pitted against the Algeria-backed Polisario Front, a breakaway movement that seeks to establish an independent state in the territory.

And the link about Polisario Front. edit.

Quote:
The United Nations considers the Polisario Front to be the legitimate representative of the Sahrawi people and maintains that the Sahrawis have a right to self-determination.[2]

Trump acting indifferently and crushing the hopes of people who don't have much power. (Kurds, etc.,) No surprise there. What's good about it?

I have a feeling the more I learn about his international agreements, the more disgusting it's going to end up being.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 11th, 2020 at 2:09:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

Trump acting indifferently and crushing the hopes of people who don't have much power. (Kurds, etc.,) No surprise there. What's good about it?

I have a feeling the more I learn about his international agreements, the more disgusting it's going to end up being.

Who cares? There is nothing in Western Sahara and it is not viable on its own. What is good is yet another muslim nation coming into the 20th Century and recognizing Israel. Maybe one day they will get to the 21st.
The President is a fink.
December 11th, 2020 at 3:56:31 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
"Hanukkah Celebrated in Public in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, for the First Time, After Trump Peace Deal"

None of those peace deals would have happened without support from the Saudi's. They could be the next nation to sign a peace deal with Israel.

Trump did what twelve U.S. Presidents and dozens of Western leaders failed to do, over the past 72 years.

No wars. No bombs. No innocent lives lost.

And Biden/Harris win Time magazine's person of the year. BS Nobel Preace Prize next.