In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 7th, 2021 at 11:44:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I thought we might get on day 19, that Trump is still refusing to have his furnishings moved out, or Biden's moved in. But maybe we will be spared that little drama now.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 7th, 2021 at 12:07:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
More than 50 Capitol Police and metropolitan police were injured during Wednesday's attack, and several have been hospitalized with "serious injuries," according to Chief of police Sund.

All the more reason to think it was lucky only one person was shot.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 7th, 2021 at 1:25:19 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph

I do not see a reason to have pulled the trigger. I prefer our government not shoot those of us it doesn't absolutely have to.

I totally support law enforcement in this matter as I totally supported the cop in Ferguson
It was a riot
If I was in charge of protecting the number 1 terrorist target on the planet
I am authorizing lethal force against criminals trying to break into the capital
In my book, trying to break into the number 1 terrorist target in the planet makes you a terrorist
Use lethal force. This is the ultimate target for a suicide bomber

I would never ever break into the capital. Its suicide by a cop. Its crazy. Insanity. I value my life so thats why I would never do what she did.
If she was Muslim, republicans would be reacting differently.

If we simply changed the religion of the capital invaders to Muslims, republicans would be demanding why the police did not shoot more people.

The irony
There have been millions of protests in DC.
Even Muslim protests. I was there.
I used to live in the area
Every single weekend there is a protest
Out of all those millions of protests, only Trumpers attacked the Capital
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 7th, 2021 at 3:00:20 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Kelly Loeffler has called and conceded to Rev Warnock.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 7th, 2021 at 3:05:34 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
Kelly Loeffler has called and conceded to Rev Warnock.

I dont like her
but
Kudos
Classy not trashy
Thats how you do it
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 7th, 2021 at 3:33:03 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Well, that tells us that she isn't planning on contesting the results.

She had her 5 minutes to speak during the debate on objecting to the AZ results. She said in light of the days events, she could no longer object. I think she wouldn't have objected in the first place, but felt she had to say that she would, to try to get more support to win her election. After her loss, she had an easy face-saving way to change her mind.

The objections to Michigan and Nevada had their senators revoke their signatures, therefore not being properly formed/supported objections.

When they split into separate chambers to debate the PA objection, apparently Mitch McConnell stated "no debate" and pence laughed and they went straight to the vote (7-92)

The senators all had their say during the AZ debate, I guess. It wasn't particularly focused exclusively on AZ, either.

I didn't stay up for the PA debate; the republicans were just repeating outright lies and unsubstantiated claims in loud and angry voices. (One specific lie - that mail-in ballots that arrived late were mixed in with the other ballots and counted)

Not sure what happened when they got to Wisconsin, but there was no properly formed objection there either.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 7th, 2021 at 5:13:07 PM permalink
terapined
A US Capitol police officer just died tonight due to the Trumpers riot
The Department of Justice is opening a federal murder case into the death of the officer
January 7th, 2021 at 7:23:39 PM permalink
Dalex64
Betsy DeVos resigned.

Thing is, if all of the people who are fed up with trump and think he is dangerous resign, leaving only loyalists, then there will be no majority of his cabinet willing to consider removal under the 25th amendment.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 7th, 2021 at 7:45:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Dalex64
Betsy DeVos resigned.

Thing is, if all of the people who are fed up with trump and think he is dangerous resign, leaving only loyalists, then there will be no majority of his cabinet willing to consider removal under the 25th amendment.

Maybe Trump asked them to join him on the big round table and give him compliments on video like he did that one time and they just couldn't bring themselves to do it.
January 7th, 2021 at 8:08:34 PM permalink
Dalex64
Pence is opposed to it, so the only option for removal is impeachment.

Realistically I don't think that will happen.

So they'll just have to wait it out and hope he doesn't do anything else galactically stupid or destructive.