In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 10th, 2021 at 12:24:09 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
It’s quite literally, the least they could do.

Image of the Capitol police officer being beaten to death by the Trump mob:

JESUS H CHRIST
The flag is a good gesture
but
Trump really needs to hold a presser and get his people to support the police instead of attacking the Police
He needs to be forceful and tell his rioters to stand down because the evening of JAN 19 is looking to be very ugly as Trumpers are planning to attack the police again.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 10th, 2021 at 12:32:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
Quote: ams288
It’s quite literally, the least they could do.

Image of the Capitol police officer being beaten to death by the Trump mob:

JESUS H CHRIST
The flag is a good gesture
but
Trump really needs to hold a presser and get his people to support the police instead of attacking the Police
He needs to be forceful and tell his rioters to stand down because the evening of JAN 19 is looking to be very ugly as Trumpers are planning to attack the police again.

I suspect it will be a smaller contingent of the more radical trumpers showing up. Non-violent will likely be smart and stay at the outskirts of any protest this next time.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 10th, 2021 at 12:32:33 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Oops! Turns out that picture may not be of the Capitol police officer who died. It is probably a Metro DC officer who was only *badly injured*

Does that make it better, Trump supporters?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 10th, 2021 at 12:58:02 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
So you think those are Trump people?

I've been told here that it's not important to see those videos of what I would call Trump's people, the *real ones*, that show them resisting the people who were doing this crap

I can see why you told me that. Now you can tell me these are Trump's people. Couldn't be Antifa or anything.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 10th, 2021 at 1:10:30 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Are you suggesting that antifa participated in a riot designed to prevent biden from being certified the winner of the election,
Or that all those people who have been arrested, that have known ties to conservative, republican, trump, or right-wing radicals are also deep infiltrators from antifa? Including one who was elected to a republican lawmaker position within a state government? All secretly antifa?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 10th, 2021 at 1:19:30 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Dalex64
Are you suggesting that antifa participated in a riot designed to prevent biden from being certified the winner of the election,
Or that all those people who have been arrested, that have known ties to conservative, republican, trump, or right-wing radicals are also deep infiltrators from antifa? Including one who was elected to a republican lawmaker position within a state government? All secretly antifa?
They might have just wanted their chance to break in to the capitol building for whatever reason.

Maybe there were no Antifa, how would I know, but there were non-Trump people there I'm convinced, maybe Proud Boys, whoever, who I don't believe give a hoot about Trump, not really. Trump's real people were shocked by what they were doing. Oh, wait, I forgot, those videos are hard to find and you likely haven't seen them
January 10th, 2021 at 1:24:09 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odiousgambit

Yep. Not one ANTIFA member in sight.

Sorry!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 10th, 2021 at 1:25:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit

I've been told here that it's not important to see those videos of what I would call Trump's people, the *real ones*, that show them resisting the people who were doing this crap

I can see why you told me that. Now you can tell me these are Trump's people. Couldn't be Antifa or anything.

I've seen several names and some information released. But it doesn't reveal enough for figuring out their true motivation.

Quote:
Joshua Skillman, 28, was charged with the following: carrying a pistol without license, outside home and business, carry rifle or shotgun outside home or business, CPWOL Outside home or business, possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device, possession of unregistered ammunition, possession of unregistered firearm, unlawful possession of a firearm or destructive device.

Samantha Fakk, 33, was charged with carrying rifle or shotgun outside home or business, CPWOL outside home or business, carry pistol without license, possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device, possession of unregistered ammunition, possession of unregistered firearm and unlawful possession of a Firearm or destructive device.

Mark Leffingwell is charged with trespass, assaulting a federal law enforcement officer, and violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds. Charging documents say he tried to push past a Capitol Police officer and punched the officer repeatedly.

While being transported to the Capitol Police station for processing, the documents say, Leffingwell apologized.

Christopher Alberts is charged with carrying a 9mm handgun and ammunition on Capitol grounds. The charging documents say Alberts appeared to be slow in obeying commands to leave the area because of the curfew and had a bulge on his right him. Albert tried to flee, the documents say, but he was detained.

When questioned, he said he was carrying the gun for protection and ”did not intend on using the firearm to harm anyone.”
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 10th, 2021 at 1:28:18 PM permalink
odiousgambit
for the record, I do believe that some of the worst actors were not Antifa or whatever ... the congressman who was in the midst of it all is a good example
January 10th, 2021 at 2:23:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
No, but they are considering waiting 100 days after impeaching trump to send the articles of impeachment to the senate for trial.

You can't impeach someone for
removal from office when they
aren't in office anymore. They
cannot try a private citizen.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.